Randy Rhoads

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Randy Rhoads

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 am

Partially to mark the anniversary of guitarist Randy Rhoad's death back in '82, Bob Daisley, the former bassist and co-writer of many of the songs in Ozzy's Rhoads-era and following couple 80's albums put out a number of snippets of highly coveted demos with a good interview here:

http://www.bobdaisley.com/content/blizz ... holy-grail

jptm

Re: Randy Rhoads

#2 Post by jptm » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 pm

thanks for posting this... daisley seems to be the most honest dude from those sessions years ago; & it's quite clear how much he wrote of the lyrics. ozzy was a mess at the time and was so lucky to have found randy...

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

jptm wrote:thanks for posting this... daisley seems to be the most honest dude from those sessions years ago; & it's quite clear how much he wrote of the lyrics. ozzy was a mess at the time and was so lucky to have found randy...
Yeah, it's ridiculous that his stuff wasn't including in some way in the big box set of the two Rhoads era albums a couple years ago because once again, Sharon didn't want to compensate or supposedly even credit Daisley.

Daisley = Eric Avery
Sharon = Etty
Ozzy = Perry?

Matz

#4 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:38 pm

that's blasphemy. Rhoads was amazing, big fan over here. Pretty interesting to hear some of those song starting points. It's not often you get a glimpse into really rough song ideas like that.

Bandit72

#5 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:23 am

Pandemonium wrote:
jptm wrote:thanks for posting this... daisley seems to be the most honest dude from those sessions years ago; & it's quite clear how much he wrote of the lyrics. ozzy was a mess at the time and was so lucky to have found randy...
Yeah, it's ridiculous that his stuff wasn't including in some way in the big box set of the two Rhoads era albums a couple years ago because once again, Sharon didn't want to compensate or supposedly even credit Daisley.

Daisley = Eric Avery
Sharon = Etty
Ozzy = Perry?
Haha! Not a bad comparison. The only difference being Ozzy can still sing.

SR

#6 Post by SR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:06 am

Well, there is the 50 pt. disparity in IQ between Sharon and Etty as well.

Matz

#7 Post by Matz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Daisley = Eric Avery
Sharon = Etty
Ozzy = Perry?
Haha! Not a bad comparison. The only difference being Ozzy can still sing.
so you're saying that Ozzy has made a big of a fool of himself as Perry has in recent years? I don't think so....

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 pm

He did for his reality show. I think he even admits that. Or one of them did. Saying that, he was off his face for most of it.

Matz

#9 Post by Matz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 pm

yeah, but I'm pretty sure that was because he was over medicated, so he appeared pretty out of it at times....a lot of the time. Perry doesn't have an excuse like that for the lame stunts he's pulled, e.g. that atrocious piece of shit "music" he serves up in that video which I thankfully forgot the name of. So I think Ozzy is way ahead of Perry when it comes to cred

SR

#10 Post by SR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Eddie Murphy's worst song is light years better than Perry's most recent. Pf has 0 cred. :banghead:

Essence_Smith

#11 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:36 am

SR wrote:Eddie Murphy's worst song is light years better than Perry's most recent. Pf has 0 cred. :banghead:
I love Eddie but I think you're wrong...Perry still has a few feet to fall before he hits as low as Eddie has...lest we all forget...

[youtube][/youtube]

CaseyContrarian

#12 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
SR wrote:Eddie Murphy's worst song is light years better than Perry's most recent. Pf has 0 cred. :banghead:
I love Eddie but I think you're wrong...Perry still has a few feet to fall before he hits as low as Eddie has...lest we all forget...

[youtube][/youtube]
Nope, that's better.