BBC 4 Kate Bush Documentary(Aired 22-08-14)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Re: BBC 4 Kate Bush Documentary(Aired 22-08-14)

#21 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Artemis wrote:4 more days! :aoa:
I don't think anybody elshttp://www.aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2479e here cares..oh well. :lol:

So, last night in the audience there was Adele, Stephen Fry, Alison Goldfrapp, and Ricky Gervais.

Robert SMith is a big fan. Maybe he'll come on my night. He'll be done with Riot Fest by then.
Give Robert a kiss for me please....

Artemis

#22 Post by Artemis » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 am

I'm not going to start another Kate Bush thread, so I will just post this here...

This has made my Friday superb! (And I'm drinking coffee in my Kate Bush mug today too.) As the DJ's say afterwards: "sweet Jesus!" - a cataclysmic live version of "King of the Mountain" from the upcoming 3CD/4LP live set, courtesy of BBC Radio.
The wind, it blows... there's a storm rising...

From BBC 6..

The sound quality is amazing! They isolated her vocals in a way that makes it really stand out.
I also like that she "faded" the ending versus an abrupt ending ,as with most live recordings.

https://soundcloud.com/lpr-extended-pla ... -radio-btd

This was one of my favourite songs she did at the concert I saw two years ago. I wasn't crazy about the song on the Aerial album, but when I heard it live, I loved it!

Artemis

#23 Post by Artemis » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:26 pm

I guess this thread is the official ANR Kate Bush thread..

I love that so many young people are discovering Kate Bush for the first time thanks to Stranger Things. I was a young teen myself when I first heard Kate. :cool:
Music producer Rick Beato shares with his 3 million Youtube followers exactly what it is about the song structure of Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) that delivers such an emotional wallop. And yes, that D against E♭ dissonance is <chef's kiss emoji>...

clickie

#24 Post by clickie » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:00 am

It seems like a lot of old school fans are pissed off now all these younger people are getting into Kate Bush because of that show. I've heard people say I hope they don't play
such and such song so it becomes more popular.