U2:New album Songs of Innocence for free on iTunes

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Re: U2:New album Songs of Innocence for free on iTunes

#76 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:53 pm

creep wrote:are they really still that big of a band to do 4 shows in a row at the forum or msg????
Yeah, I think they still can easily draw those kind of numbers especially since they are only playing the biggest markets. I also noticed The Foo Fighters are playing two nights at the Forum as well which is more surprising to me. What baffles me is that U2 chose to play the old Inglewood Forum versus the larger, more prestigious Staples Arena for the SoCal (which they've played numerous shows at in '01 and '05) dates. I dunno if it was because of sports scheduling at Staples or whatever, but I'm glad they're not playing Staples this time around if I decide to go. When the Forum was sold a couple years ago, the investors put some decent money into renovating it and at least the floor area is much better than the old days.

Artemis

#77 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 pm

First the terrible album cover, now this publicity photo. What's the dealio? :lol:

Tyler Durden

#78 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Artemis wrote:First the terrible album cover, now this publicity photo. What's the dealio? :lol:

I think the album cover is great...but this photo is horrendous.

kv

#79 Post by kv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:03 am

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:are they really still that big of a band to do 4 shows in a row at the forum or msg????
Yeah, I think they still can easily draw those kind of numbers especially since they are only playing the biggest markets. I also noticed The Foo Fighters are playing two nights at the Forum as well which is more surprising to me. What baffles me is that U2 chose to play the old Inglewood Forum versus the larger, more prestigious Staples Arena for the SoCal (which they've played numerous shows at in '01 and '05) dates. I dunno if it was because of sports scheduling at Staples or whatever, but I'm glad they're not playing Staples this time around if I decide to go. When the Forum was sold a couple years ago, the investors put some decent money into renovating it and at least the floor area is much better than the old days.
ya they fixed it up nice. and ya staples has 2 basketball teams and 1 hockey...while the forum is fresh sound, paint and open schedule

Pandemonium

#80 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:28 pm

LOL, rude surprise doing the presale this morning. All the best seats in the center of the arena in the first section off the floor are VIP package seats going for $500+ each.

Larry B.

#81 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Pandemonium wrote:LOL, rude surprise doing the presale this morning. All the best seats in the center of the arena in the first section off the floor are VIP package seats going for $500+ each.
:lol:

Reminds me of the McCartney shows in Santiago. Tickets were supposedly from $60 to about $900, but there were also VIP packages between $3,000 and $4,000 that included entrance to the soundcheck and some stupid cocktails. Not even a meet-and-greet, which wouldn't have justified the price anyway.

Tyler Durden

#82 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Pandemonium wrote:LOL, rude surprise doing the presale this morning. All the best seats in the center of the arena in the first section off the floor are VIP package seats going for $500+ each.
"VIP package"? What does it include? I'm not into special VIP merchandise, etc...but it would be cool if it included a meet and greet.

perkana

#83 Post by perkana » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 pm

creep wrote:bruce sounds like shit. makes you almost appreciate bono. coldplay guy wasn't much better.
He does not...

Pandemonium

#84 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
"VIP package"? What does it include? I'm not into special VIP merchandise, etc...but it would be cool if it included a meet and greet.
There's several different VIP packages along with a "Red" package which is basically the very small GA pits on either side of the main stage along with backstage tour, bar and catering. The Red package is probably the most desirable as it's *only* about $350 and supposedly 100% goes to whatever U2's current charity of choice (it may be tax deductable). The other VIP packages are basically the best reserved seats the first 15 or so rows up off the floor in the center of either side of the arena along with access to hospitality suite (usually with shitty catered food and pay bar). The most expensive package includes hotel accommodations - a 2 person, 2 show package is well over $5,000 which doesn't include airfare. No packages include Meet and Greets. In the past, at least a couple members of the band usually roam around out side the venue late in the afternoon before a show chatting with fans in line to get in. Most VIP packages are basically scams to sell the best seats in the house at ridiculously inflated prices with mostly crap extras thrown in to give the package "value." The basics are usually awful catering in a large room and a gift bad of swag. Some bands add more value like being able to attend the soundcheck earlier in the day and of course meet and greets which are usually unpleasant cattle calls where you're hustled through a quick handshake and photo opp with the band.

creep
Site Admin

#85 Post by creep » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:26 pm

perkana wrote:
creep wrote:bruce sounds like shit. makes you almost appreciate bono. coldplay guy wasn't much better.
He does not...
doesn't sound like shit or doesn't make you appreciate bono?