Look I made shit Thread!!??!??!?!?!

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
guysmiley

Look I made shit Thread!!??!??!?!?!

#1 Post by guysmiley » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Post shit you made. Cooking, music, art, shits, babies, writing, farts, kidney stones.
I just made this, hand and computer.

Please add everyone.

Matz

Re: Look I made shit Thread!!??!??!?!?!

#2 Post by Matz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 pm

very nice skills

Sue

#3 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:06 am

I made this "Leprechaun Trap" cake Friday, for fun. I like baking and crafts, crocheting, ceramics and gardening. Oh and I weld, going to weld some decorative yard ornaments this spring. A fun and girly change from welding heavy machinery like excavator buckets.
:lolol:

Got the idea here, it was pretty interesting and fun to create.
http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2011/ ... trap-cake/

guysmiley

#4 Post by guysmiley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:21 am

That looks like it took forever.

Sue

#5 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:31 am

guysmiley wrote:That looks like it took forever.
A couple of hours, looks harder than it is. You use ziploc bags (or disposable pastry bags) to layer the colors, separating the batter and coloring it took the most time.

Sue

#6 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 am

guysmiley wrote:Post shit you made. Cooking, music, art, shits, babies, writing, farts, kidney stones.

Please add everyone.
That's beautiful, I wish I had the skills to draw. My niece does pen drawings, this was done last year when she was 17 and it took about 5 hours.

Artemis

#7 Post by Artemis » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Sue, your cake looks amazing!! :cool:

Sue

#8 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Artemis wrote:Sue, your cake looks amazing!! :cool:
Thank you! Better than I expected for a first attempt but I think I figured out how to make the rainbow come out better next time...which will be awhile :lolol:

nausearockpig

#9 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:19 pm

I didn't make the case, it cost me $30, nor did I make the mics, I/O unit or the yoga mat, but I did measure and cut the yoga mat into three slabs, then mark out the holes then cut the slots out for the items to sit in....

mockbee

#10 Post by mockbee » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Sue wrote:I made this "Leprechaun Trap" cake Friday, for fun. I like baking and crafts, crocheting, ceramics and gardening. Oh and I weld, going to weld some decorative yard ornaments this spring. A fun and girly change from welding heavy machinery like excavator buckets.
:lolol:

Awesome cake! That looked like quite some project! Was there a kid recipient involved or just for the fun of it? I would never have the patience to bake like that.

I like(d) to crochet and knit a long time ago and now focus on welding and making wood furniture, kiln glassworks, and general art stuff.

Do you weld for a living?!?! That is so cool. How are your eyes doing?

Oh, and post the yard ornaments you make, or any other decorative stuff you are proud of!

Here's a table I made a little while ago out of rebar and plywood.

Last edited by mockbee on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mockbee

#11 Post by mockbee » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:48 pm

guysmiley wrote:Post shit you made. Cooking, music, art, shits, babies, writing, farts, kidney stones.

Please add everyone.

guysmiley, I saw this thread a while ago, and I thought, oh I wanted to start something like this, but then it disappeared. :noclue:

Glad it's back! And nice drawing!

mockbee

#12 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 am

dp :hs:

:thumb:

Sue

#13 Post by Sue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I didn't make the case, it cost me $30, nor did I make the mics, I/O unit or the yoga mat, but I did measure and cut the yoga mat into three slabs, then mark out the holes then cut the slots out for the items to sit in....
what a great idea to save your equipment from being bashed around!
mockbee wrote: Awesome cake! That looked like quite some project! Was there a kid recipient involved or just for the fun of it? I would never have the patience to bake like that.

I like(d) to crochet and knit a long time ago and now focus on welding and making wood furniture, kiln glassworks, and general art stuff.

Do you weld for a living?!?! That is so cool. How are your eyes doing?

Oh, and post the yard ornaments you make, or any other decorative stuff you are proud of!

Here's a table I made a little while ago out of rebar and plywood.

I love that table! I may steal that design :lol:

I got AWS certified in welding about 4 years ago because my husband and I own a heavy equipment repair shop and we had several job bids that required the cert, so we took the class together (I was the only woman, with about 15 guys and it was a total blast--and I got an A!) so we are both certified...I totally fell in love with welding and do it any time I can. But doing it for fun is my real goal. My eyes are fine, I have really good safety equipment but we had a bad scare late last year--I was welding and my husband was using the torch in a big rolloff/dumpster container and apparently the radiation really reflects inside a box like that, he only had torch goggles on and I had my welding helmet on, he badly burned his eyes and didn't know it until the next morning when he couldn't open them. It was really painful and a scary lesson to learn--you don't realize that even reflected light is magnified in a container like that, kind of a freak occurrence and he even had the torch glasses on so it just goes to show that you can't be too careful. He's fine though, thankfully--and my constant nagging about safety doesn't go unheeded now. I will post some pics of welding projects later, I don't have any too many pics of fun projects but I have work pics. Post some of your welding and kiln projects, do you have your own kiln?

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:35 pm

sue welds and mockbee crochets????? what the hell is going on here??? :lol:

mockbee

#15 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm

creep wrote:sue welds and mockbee crochets????? what the hell is going on here??? :lol:
Well, what's something weird/different you do creep? We've seen your remodel and landscaping skills, lets hear/see something else....... scrapbooking? :noclue:

mockbee

#16 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Sue wrote:
I love that table! I may steal that design :lol:

I got AWS certified in welding about 4 years ago because my husband and I own a heavy equipment repair shop and we had several job bids that required the cert, so we took the class together (I was the only woman, with about 15 guys and it was a total blast--and I got an A!) so we are both certified...I totally fell in love with welding and do it any time I can. But doing it for fun is my real goal. My eyes are fine, I have really good safety equipment but we had a bad scare late last year--I was welding and my husband was using the torch in a big rolloff/dumpster container and apparently the radiation really reflects inside a box like that, he only had torch goggles on and I had my welding helmet on, he badly burned his eyes and didn't know it until the next morning when he couldn't open them. It was really painful and a scary lesson to learn--you don't realize that even reflected light is magnified in a container like that, kind of a freak occurrence and he even had the torch glasses on so it just goes to show that you can't be too careful. He's fine though, thankfully--and my constant nagging about safety doesn't go unheeded now. I will post some pics of welding projects later, I don't have any too many pics of fun projects but I have work pics. Post some of your welding and kiln projects, do you have your own kiln?

You can steal the design, but now you HAVE to post some of your welding stuff. And if you start selling them, I get 15%. :wink:

Nice work getting certified! Welding is awesome. I just don't have the time or space that I would like to devote myself to it. I would do it all the time. I ran out of space in my apartment pretty quickly with all my creations. I suppose I could give stuff away, but that gets into the time component. I love finding stuff that contractors or stores, (or rich people are the best!!!) are throwing out and making stuff out of it. I have a lot of stuff I've made over the years. Never bought any materials. Well I bought a slab of mahogany once, but I recently acquired several pieces of long solid mahogany countertop, already finished (4/4 x 2'x10'), some remodel in Pacific Heights was throwing out. Crazy! Only problem is that I am hiding it behind some sheetrock and trash in the public garbage area. I figure the garbage and sheetrock has been there for 6 years, so I have at least a couple more years until the jig is up..... :noclue: :lol:

There's no way I could fit a kiln in my apartment, probably a fire hazard. I think I would get a washer/dryer first, before a kiln. :lol:

I have some glass stuff that I will post later, and welding stuff to. Glass is hard to work with. :nod:

Glad to hear your husband was okay with his eyes. He must have got photokeratitis, I've gotten that to a small degree but know some people who have had permanent damage, or long term exposure can really kill your eyes. Glad to hear you keep people safe!!
:wave:
Photokeratitis or ultraviolet keratitis is a painful eye condition caused by exposure of insufficiently protected eyes to the ultraviolet (UV) rays from either natural (e.g. intense sunlight at high altitudes) or artificial (e.g. the electric arc during welding) sources. Photokeratitis is akin to a sunburn of the cornea and conjunctiva, and is not usually noticed until several hours after exposure. Symptoms include increased tears and a feeling of pain, likened to having sand in the eyes.

clickie

#17 Post by clickie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:06 pm

I made some cool workout equipment recently. A sit-up bench out of wood that can incline. Its padded and has carpet on top of that to make it extra soft. Then a squat rack too which is pretty basic. No pics.

SR

#18 Post by SR » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Sue wrote:
guysmiley wrote:That looks like it took forever.
A couple of hours, looks harder than it is. You use ziploc bags (or disposable pastry bags) to layer the colors, separating the batter and coloring it took the most time.
I sent my wife that recipe and she made one for her students :rockon: