Star Wars The Force Awakens

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Star Wars The Force Awakens

#1 Post by perkana » Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Thought I would start a SW thread for the new movie that will premiere this year on Dec. 18th
Also, May the 4th be with you :wink:
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/pho ... -leibovitz
Next-generation bad guy Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) commands snowtroopers loyal to the evil First Order on the frozen plains of their secret base.
Galactic travelers, smugglers, and other assorted riffraff fill the main hall of pirate Maz Kanata’s castle.
For some reason I think this guy is so hot
Dashing Resistance pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) stands alongside his trusty X-wing fighter.
A small galaxy’s worth of tracking dots affixed to Lupita Nyong’o’s face allowed artists at Industrial Light & Magic to transform her into the C.G.I. character Maz Kanata.
Actress Daisy Ridley for a scene in which her character, the young heroine Rey, pilots her speeder through a bustling marketplace on the planet Jakku.
Members of the brain trust behind The Force Awakens: composer John Williams, producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, co-writer Lawrence Kasdan, and director and co-writer Abrams, photographed at Bad Robot, Abrams’s production company, in Santa Monica.

http://video.vanityfair.com/watch/cover ... over-shoot

Matz

Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

#2 Post by Matz » Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 pm

John Williams is on board too?! Cool! love that guy....

perkana

#3 Post by perkana » Mon May 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I really want this VF issue...

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Mon May 04, 2015 8:57 pm

perkana wrote: Image
Is the guy in red on the far right named Darth Tripod? I mean, it looks like he's holding his junk which appears to be touching the floor.

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue May 05, 2015 12:56 pm

I will be avoiding this thread as I already have too much spoileriffic stuff in my brain and I like to keep my expectations VERY low...I just hope this isn't an embarrassment and that the characters are actually engaging. I am even more worried about the stuff they're doing next year with the one show that has no jedi... :yikes:

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

What show with no jedi? And Pande, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out :lol:

Essence_Smith

#7 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed May 06, 2015 9:44 am

perkana wrote:What show with no jedi? And Pande, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out :lol:
They're doing a show called Rogue One supposedly set to come out next year...

Pandemonium

#8 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
perkana wrote:What show with no jedi? And Pande, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out :lol:
They're doing a show called Rogue One supposedly set to come out next year...
Is that the movie that director Josh Trank of the upcoming (and already slammed) "Fantastic Four" movie quit or was fired from?

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Wed May 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Yup
Josh Trank, whose upcoming Fantastic Four reboot opens August 7, has left the stand-alone Star Wars film he was slated to direct. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 31-year-old director “made a personal decision” to leave. Trank earned recognition for his clever work on sci-fi found-footage film Chronicle in 2012, but sources suggested that the pressure of a big-budget blockbuster got to him.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/josh-tra ... e-one.html

Essence_Smith

#10 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Yeah I'm REALLY trying to avoid reading about or seeing to much of this in advance...I remember when Jar Jar Binks sounded like he had potential...not doing that to myself again... :lolol:

nausearockpig

#11 Post by nausearockpig » Thu May 07, 2015 2:11 am

can not wait for this to come out...

perkana

#12 Post by perkana » Thu May 07, 2015 7:55 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Yeah I'm REALLY trying to avoid reading about or seeing to much of this in advance...I remember when Jar Jar Binks sounded like he had potential...not doing that to myself again... :lolol:
I don’t think they can fall down THAT hard again. I was really disappointed but I have trust in the old characters.

perkana

#13 Post by perkana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 am

Just watched this Comic-Con video and it gave me goosebumps. Simon Pegg's reactions kinda made me feel that they are doing a good job.

nausearockpig

#14 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:17 pm

when i saw that trailer i thought that it looks like they're going to make a good trilogy... can't wait.

Angry Canine

#15 Post by Angry Canine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Not eagerly awaiting since it is in Disney's hands now. No great expectations.
I probably won't go to the theatre for it, and I had for all of them since the first one when I was a little kid.

nausearockpig

#16 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Did you walk out of Episode I going "what the fuck was that?" - I did....

blackcoffee

#17 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Angry Canine wrote:Not eagerly awaiting since it is in Disney's hands now. No great expectations.
I probably won't go to the theatre for it, and I had for all of them since the first one when I was a little kid.
It's not like George Lucas did a stellar job on the last three. Of course, I'm 45, and grew up on the first ones. I'm looking forward to this because I'm nostalgic, and the trailers promise something that suggests a great deal of pathos and not nearly as much of the cute stuff (although no doubt they'll have that also.

Oh, and my 11 year old son. I'll enjoy seeing it with him.

Angry Canine

#18 Post by Angry Canine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
Angry Canine wrote:Not eagerly awaiting since it is in Disney's hands now. No great expectations.
It's not like George Lucas did a stellar job on the last three. Of course, I'm 45, and grew up on the first ones. I'm looking forward to this because I'm nostalgic, and the trailers promise something that suggests a great deal of pathos and not nearly as much of the cute stuff (although no doubt they'll have that also.

No Lucas didn't do great with the last three, and I'm about that same age, nearly 44 now, so they we saw the first three new as kids, and the other three as adults, very different points of view. The first movie was pretty overwhelming at the age we were then, especially in that time period when there was not so much media overload on us. There's nothing that any filmmaker could ever do that would give us that kind of experience now.

But Disney, is still rolling downhill to LCD blandness, as far as expectations scriptwise. I'm sure it will be visually spectacular.

Bandit72

#19 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 am

Matz wrote:John Williams is on board too?! Cool! love that guy....
The Beethoven of the 20th/21st century.

perkana

#20 Post by perkana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

Angry Canine wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:

No Lucas didn't do great with the last three, and I'm about that same age, nearly 44 now, so they we saw the first three new as kids, and the other three as adults, very different points of view. The first movie was pretty overwhelming at the age we were then, especially in that time period when there was not so much media overload on us. There's nothing that any filmmaker could ever do that would give us that kind of experience now.

But Disney, is still rolling downhill to LCD blandness, as far as expectations scriptwise. I'm sure it will be visually spectacular.
I've liked what J.J. Abrahams has done with the Star Trek reboot, so I think it's in good hands even if Disney bought the franchise. I saw the first flicks as a kid too (was 8 when Return of the Jedi came out. Speaking of which, it's my least favorite of the first three), when I rewatched them as an adult, they didn't strike me as great as they did when I was a kid. But I still find them to be entertaining. And that’s what I expect from these new ones. If they are just a tiny bit better than episodes I, II and III, I'll be happy about it.

perkana

#21 Post by perkana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am

nausearockpig wrote:Did you walk out of Episode I going "what the fuck was that?" - I did....
You know what was worse for me? Watching it in a foreign language with no subtitles. I gave it another shot and rented the movie only to fall asleep :lol:

nausearockpig

#22 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:25 pm

perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Did you walk out of Episode I going "what the fuck was that?" - I did....
You know what was worse for me? Watching it in a foreign language with no subtitles. I gave it another shot and rented the movie only to fall asleep :lol:
haahahh sounds about right....
perkana wrote:///... If they are just a tiny bit better than episodes I, II and III, I'll be happy about it.
Seriously they'd have to fuck them up something fierce for them to not be better than I, II & III.......

nausearockpig

#23 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Unrelated (or is it.....???) take on what happened to Boba Fett after RotJ. Awesome...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77709542@ ... 556290624/

http://nerdist.com/detailed-lego-dioram ... e-sarlacc/ the comments in this link about what is and is not canon are typical gold.

perkana

#24 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm not a big lego fan (like playmobil better), but that was fun to see :cool:

nausearockpig

#25 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:47 pm

perkana wrote:I'm not a big lego fan (like playmobil better)...
Heresy!