Guilty pleasure TV shows

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Guilty pleasure TV shows

#21 Post by creep » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:28 pm

i think i'm going to watch grease live tonight. :gayfight: :ele: :ele: :gayfight:

kv

#22 Post by kv » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:48 pm

I saw grease live don't be sad....oh course it was only because my sister wanted to see it...and my grandmother took us and I was 10 and not able to put up much of a fight..........

:no:

Matz

#23 Post by Matz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 am

I catched a few episodes of Dynasty recently and really enjoyed em.... :lol:

Artemis

#24 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:01 pm

So happy that CMT picked up Nashville after ABC dropped it last season. The first two season were the best, season 3 and four so-so, but I still liked it in the guilty pleasure way. I hope Juliette Barnes gets back to her mean and bitchy self. :lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/new ... te-w436050
The hit country-music soap opera Nashville was dropped from its original home on ABC after the fourth season concluded last spring, but luckily for fans of Deacon, Rayna, Scarlett and the rest, the drama was quickly picked up and revived by CMT. The cable network has announced that Season 5 of Nashville will premiere Thursday, January 5th.

Filled with backstabbing power plays and true-to-life country performances, Nashville will kick off with a two-hour premiere, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET. Twenty-two episodes are in the works, and in June it was reported that all cast members, with the exceptions of Will Chase (Luke Wheeler) and Aubrey Peeples (Layla Grant), will return.

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

My latest guilty pleasure show...

Star

Hype

#26 Post by Hype » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:20 pm

I think I just watched every single episode of "Border Security Canada's/America's Front Line" on Youtube... totally interesting.

SR

#27 Post by SR » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 am

Artemis wrote:So happy that CMT picked up Nashville after ABC dropped it last season. The first two season were the best, season 3 and four so-so, but I still liked it in the guilty pleasure way. I hope Juliette Barnes gets back to her mean and bitchy self. :lol:

The hit country-music soap opera Nashville was dropped from its original home on ABC after the fourth season concluded last spring, but luckily for fans of Deacon, Rayna, Scarlett and the rest, the drama was quickly picked up and revived by CMT. The cable network has announced that Season 5 of Nashville will premiere Thursday, January 5th.

Filled with backstabbing power plays and true-to-life country performances, Nashville will kick off with a two-hour premiere, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET. Twenty-two episodes are in the works, and in June it was reported that all cast members, with the exceptions of Will Chase (Luke Wheeler) and Aubrey Peeples (Layla Grant), will return.
:lol: I don't know this show, but my wife texted me at a bball game I was at last Monday and asked when I'd be home. I said that I didn't really know but she could watch as we get NBA League Pass and we were right behind the Clipper's owner and might catch a glimpse. She said not a fucking chance! She was watching Nashville. I see they have been recorded as well.

SR

#28 Post by SR » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 am

One of mine is Two and Half Men.

Hype

#29 Post by Hype » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:23 am

SR wrote:One of mine is Two and Half Men.
You should feel very guilty about this. Chuck Lorre is a horrible human being, responsible for nearly everything wrong with entertainment.

SR

#30 Post by SR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 am

Last edited by SR on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SR

#31 Post by SR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 am

Well, I feel a little guilty, but I still laugh pretty hard at the show. And I know nothing of Lorre except he had a fairly public feud with Sheen, is sober, and writes self help 'essays' that are flashed in a split second at the end of all his shows.

I seem to remember a thread where much debate was devoted to whether or not a person's morality should affect the way one views their work. Woody Allen was a persistent example in the thread as were others. You were steadfast that it shouldn't. I said that I couldn't help but to.....that bio context mattered and should be considered when evaluating the product/art. Why the shift with Lorre as a terrible human being?

Hype

#32 Post by Hype » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:43 am

SR wrote:Well, I feel a little guilty, but I still laugh pretty hard at the show. And I know nothing of Lorre except he had a fairly public feud with Sheen, is sober, and writes self help 'essays' that are flashed in a split second at the end of all his shows.

I seem to remember a thread where much debate was devoted to whether or not a person's morality should affect the way one views their work. Woody Allen was a persistent example in the thread as were others. You were steadfast that it shouldn't. I said that I couldn't help but to.....that bio context mattered and should be considered when evaluating the product/art. Why the shift with Lorre as a terrible human being?
Oh, I didn't mean morally. It's just that he's horrible because he shamelessly creates these extremely popular shows that are adult pablum. The Big Bang Theory may be the worst offender of all -- it purports to be a smart show about smart people -- it is marketed that way, but it's actually a very, very dumb show about how weird nerds are to normal people.

Two and a Half Men is the Billy Joel of sitcoms.

SR

#33 Post by SR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 am

Right for the knees. I hate Billy Joel. Maybe it's BJ during the Christie Brinkley era.

Hype

#34 Post by Hype » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 am

SR wrote:Right for the knees. I hate Billy Joel. Maybe it's BJ during the Christie Brinkley era.
:lol:

Guilty pleasures should really be guilty pleasures.

I like this show "Naked and Afraid", even though it's just Survivor + totally unsexy gimmicky nakedness. :wiggle:

farrellgirl99

#35 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 pm

for some reason i never watch them when im home, but if i happen to be at someone's house or if im at a hotel, i love to watch shows like house hunters or the property brothers. theyre so formulaic and fake and the rich people are terrible but i love it

id watch a show with creep flipping houses

creep
Site Admin

#36 Post by creep » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote: id watch a show with creep flipping houses
it's a lot of me hurting myself and struggling to get out of bed in the morning because physical activity that involves bending and kneeling does not agree with my age. :oldtimer:

speaking of that i close on a new place tomorrow. back to hurting myself and feeling old.

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

SR wrote:
Artemis wrote:So happy that CMT picked up Nashville after ABC dropped it last season. The first two season were the best, season 3 and four so-so, but I still liked it in the guilty pleasure way. I hope Juliette Barnes gets back to her mean and bitchy self. :lol:

:lol: I don't know this show, but my wife texted me at a bball game I was at last Monday and asked when I'd be home. I said that I didn't really know but she could watch as we get NBA League Pass and we were right behind the Clipper's owner and might catch a glimpse. She said not a fucking chance! She was watching Nashville. I see they have been recorded as well.
I've just started a translation project and checked this bored to see if any of you watched this series. I'll be, along with other 4-5 colleagues, translating this series for Latin America. So far I've done a couple of episodes from series 5, which i read was very poorly received.

I've already done a bit of research, but is there anything interesting I should know from the series?

Artemis

#38 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Larry B. wrote:
SR wrote:

I've just started a translation project and checked this bored to see if any of you watched this series. I'll be, along with other 4-5 colleagues, translating this series for Latin America. So far I've done a couple of episodes from series 5, which i read was very poorly received.

I've already done a bit of research, but is there anything interesting I should know from the series?
You probably already know this but all the characters actually sing. Other than that, I can't think of anything really interesting about the show. One of the the characters, Will Lexington, comes out as gay. The country music world is very straight and white, so I guess it is progressive to have a gay character.

Hayden Panettiere is married to a boxer, Wladimir Klitscko. He's about half a metre taller than her.

Larry B.

#39 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Artemis wrote:One of the the characters, Will Lexington, comes out as gay.
Actually, the first episode I translated was one where a gay couple breaks up because one of the guys wanted to move in together and the other one didn't. So I thought "well, this is a bit progressive - having a gay couple in a series about country music." In another episode there's also a black guy who gets beaten up because he didn't want to sing a song some guy requested on the street.

I mean, it really does qualify as a guilty pleasure, but on the other hand, I guess it's good that these topics are addressed in the series, so that they can be talked about in households that may otherwise not talk about it.