Deadwood (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Deadwood (HBO)

#1 Post by Jasper » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Why didn't any of you hooplehead cocksuckers tell me that there have been talks between HBO and David Milch about a revived plan for a Deadwood HBO movie? Nothing pissed me off more than when HBO cancelled this fucking show (a tragedy in which David Milch shares some of the blame). I've been spitting venom at HBO since that fateful day, the day that so many people threatened to cancel their subscriptions that HBO made the (false) promise that there would be two Deadwood films.

It's easily one of the top five cable dramas of all time, but unlike shows like The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Wire, it never got an ending, even though it was a perfectly good performer with a dedicated viewership. While they're at it they should finish Carnivàle, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Deadwood. Deadwood is the greatest unfinished cable drama of all time, so this really should happen. They really ought to be true to the original promise and make two, though I think a continuation of the series would be even better, even if it's only eight episodes or something. After all, they have to redo the sets anyway (unless it's set after the giant fire).

Between the possibility of this and Twin Peaks finally getting continued after a 25-year cliffhanger, I will be very happy indeed.

For f–k’s sake, it better happen this time!

Deadwood, the Western drama that HBO cancelled in 2006, might soon get a satisfying conclusion: Sources confirm to TVLine that talks between the network and series creator David Milch have indeed resumed.

The project — which likely will take the form of a movie — had been rumored for some time; in 2014, star Kim Dickens told Michael Ausiello that a continuation was a “possibility.” (See video below.)

PHOTOSCancelled Too Soon: Deadwood, Smash, My So-Called Life, Firefly, Selfie and 25 Other Shows We’ll Always Miss

Following the show’s abrupt cancellation after three seasons, HBO announced plans to produce two two-hour wrap-up movies, but the project eventually died on the vine.

Garret Dillahunt, who played Francis Wolcott and Jack McCall on the beloved series, tweeted some encouraging news Wednesday evening:
So uh….I'm hearing credible rumors about a #Deadwood movie. #Everybodypray

— Garret Dillahunt (@garretdillahunt) August 13, 2015
When asked for comment, an HBO rep said, “In reference to Garret Dillahunt’s tweet regarding the rumored Deadwood movie, there have only been very preliminary conversations.”
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/deadwood-wra ... 31408.html