Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
jptm

Re: AMC: Breaking Bad

#101 Post by jptm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 pm

yeah, but you could capture a stream with just a pic a minute or whatever. it wouldn't necessarily have to be a video stream, right?

that would fit on a hard drive, but it's true; why would gus record all of this.... it really doesn't matter after tonight's episode.

where will it go from here?

Hype

#102 Post by Hype » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 pm

:scared:

Jasper

#103 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Well, there are some serious encryption tools. You can lock up a computer pretty damned well. Also, who knows, maybe he had a decoy and then another which never stayed behind without him. Gus could also have had some kind of secure remote link he could tap into, so he could have been able to watch without leaving any real trace on his laptop. That might conflict with Mike's dialogue below, but...I don't care.

As for whether or not there were tapes or anything like that, as opposed to a live feed or something, we don't really know for sure. Walt thinks there are recordings, but Mike only says where the feed went. Mike might not have any idea if anything was ever recorded. Gus wasn't exactly Mr. Transparency.

Anyway, here's the dialogue (blinking emphasis added :lol: ):
Walt: Gus kept cameras on us at the lab, at the laundry…God only knows where else. And of course when I say "us", I'm including you.

Jesse: Mike, Mike, [blink]if[/blink] he taped all that shit - us cooking, you picking up….

Walt: [blink]If[/blink] Gus had a record of that and the police get to it before we do….

Mike: You son of a bitch.

Walt: Mike, it's all on tape somewhere, or a hard drive. Where? Where did he keep it?

Mike: He had a laptop in his office. He kept it in the back of the restaurant. It all fed straight to there.
One last thing....
:lolol:

lollapaloser

#104 Post by lollapaloser » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

:lol:

Jasper

#105 Post by Jasper » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm

(date not real)
Want to keep Breaking Bad alive? Better call Saul!

When AMC’s critically acclaimed drug drama finishes its five-season run next year, that will spell the end for the ABQ crew. Or maybe not? Series creator/executive producer Vince Gilligan says he has interest in a spin-off featuring one of the show’s popular characters: Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), that crafty, oily, wise-cracking lawyer who counsels meth lord Walter White (Bryan Cranston). “I would love to see a Saul Goodman spin-off show when it’s all said and done,” Gilligan tells EW. “I think that would present itself pretty nicely, storywise. While Breaking Bad is by design a show that is finite and limited in its scope — it’s a story of transformation that cannot go on forever — I think a Saul Goodman show could have great legs. I love the idea of a lawyer who will do anything to avoid going to court. He’s always going to settle on the courthouse steps.” Gilligan cautions that the Saul spin-off is just in the idea stage at this point. And he issues an all-important caveat, given that the writers are currently constructing the second half of the last season: “No viewer should breathe a sigh of relief that Saul won’t expire by the end of Breaking Bad,” he says. “Everything is on the table… Who knows where Breaking Bad will take us?” (Asked about the possibility of a Saul-centric series, Odenkirk seconds: “Saul has got to survive this show first.” He adds with a quip: “And if he doesn’t, then maybe it can be done as a prequel.”)

What about the likelihood of a Breaking Bad movie? (Cranston recently said that he “wouldn’t mind visiting that possibility,” assuming Walt himself is still breathing after the final season.) “First of all, I have to say, God bless him for his enthusiasm,” says Gilligan. “But I don’t know how to do that at this point. I learned a long time ago to never say never, but I am working really hard to wrap up this story in these final 16 episodes
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/break ... off-movie/

creep
Site Admin

#106 Post by creep » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:45 pm

saul is one of my favorite characters so it might work for me. saul is good on the show because you get a little comedy with the drama of the show. 100% saul might get a little too much.

kv

#107 Post by kv » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:26 pm

half way through season 2 fun shit

farrellgirl99

#108 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I don't care about the Emmys, but I hope BB sweeps.

Who do you think deserves the supporting actor nod more, Aaron Paul or Giancarlo Esposito? Both had great seasons but I think Esposito needs to win for Gus.

They're both up against Dinklage though

creep
Site Admin

#109 Post by creep » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:I don't care about the Emmys, but I hope BB sweeps.

Who do you think deserves the supporting actor nod more, Aaron Paul or Giancarlo Esposito? Both had great seasons but I think Esposito needs to win for Gus.

They're both up against Dinklage though
dinklage and paul have won already so maybe gus will win but i don't think that his performance was great acting. i can act mild mannered, slow talking and not react to anything too. he did a great job with the role but it's not a difficult role to play. :noclue:

Juana

#110 Post by Juana » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:48 pm

kv wrote:half way through season 2 fun shit
Yeah I love it

Jasper

#111 Post by Jasper » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Wow, I actually like everyone in the supporting actor section. That must be a first for any section, not just that one.

I think the portrayal of Gus is scary as hell, and I'm not sure it's so easy as it may seem. Still, going against Dinklage, eh, good luck. If we go by merit, Dinklage may deserve the win again. I mean, if anything he was even better in season 2. All of those people are good actors in good shows, so I won't be bothered by any of them winning. The only thing I'm wondering is WHERE THE FUCK IS MICHAEL PITT AS JIMMY DARMODY? What an utter travesty to leave him out. Unbelievable.
DRAMA SERIES

"Boardwalk Empire" (HBO)
"Breaking Bad" (AMC)
"Downton Abbey" (PBS)
"Game of Thrones" (HBO)
"Homeland" (Showtime)
"Mad Men" (AMC)

DRAMA ACTRESS

Glenn Close as Patty Hewes in "Damages"
Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley in "Downton Abbey"
Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick in "The Good Wife"
Kathy Bates as Harriet Korn in "Harry's Law"
Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in "Homeland"
Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson in "Mad Men"

DRAMA ACTOR

Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson in "Boardwalk Empire"
Bryan Cranston as Walter White in "Breaking Bad"
Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan in "Dexter"
Hugh Bonneville as Robert, Earl of Grantham in "Downton Abbey"
Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody in "Homeland"
Jon Hamm as Don Draper in "Mad Men"

SUPPORTING DRAMA ACTRESS

Anna Gunn as Skyler White in "Breaking Bad"
Maggie Smith as Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham in "Downton Abbey"
Joanne Froggatt as Anna in "Downton Abbey"
Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma in "The Good Wife"
Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart in "The Good Wife"
Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway Harris in "Mad Men"

SUPPORTING DRAMA ACTOR

Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad"
Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo 'Gus' Fring in "Breaking Bad"
Brendan Coyle as John Bates in "Downton Abbey"
Jim Carter as Mr. Carson in "Downton Abbey"
Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in "Game of Thrones"
Jared Harris as Lane Pryce "Mad Men"

Jasper

#112 Post by Jasper » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 pm

What, am I the only one who remembers Jimmy or something? imo, the only person on that list who may deserve the win over Michael Pitt is Dinklage, and Pitt doesn't even get a nomination? Am I missing something with when the seasons happened or something? After Pitt and Dinklage, then I'd say Aaron Paul might be tied with Jared Harris from Mad Men. Esposito (Gus) could be there too, but he didn't have so much to do as the others.

Those actors from Downton Abbey are very good, but the show, as good as it is, isn't really on par with the other three.

creep
Site Admin

#113 Post by creep » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:31 pm

creep wrote:oh and so far three episodes in with the wire. i like it a lot but don't love it enough to waste a whole day watching them back to back. i need likeable characters and one has not quite emerged yet.
i finished the first season. l like the show but it's far from the best show ever. some of the acting is questionable and what bothered me the most is that mcnulty is hooking up with that lawyer. i really hope he upgrades his choice in women in the upcoming seasons.

Juana

#114 Post by Juana » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Just wait until you get to like seasons 3 and 4 that is when it really all starts to make sense, you'll need to remember parts of the story from the first season thru out the whole series.

farrellgirl99

#115 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 pm

i'm in the middle of season 4 now. its probably the most jam packed show ive ever watched. its amazing what they fit into every episode. and omar little is probably one of my favorite characters of all time

creep
Site Admin

#116 Post by creep » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm

and it's weird that holly and charles from the office are in it. two sort of different series.

Jasper

#117 Post by Jasper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:33 am

creep wrote:it's far from the best show ever.
In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the First of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, by the word of Jasper of the House...Jasper, Lord of the Welcome Committee and Warden of the Northeast, I charge you, Juana, to ride run to the West Coast with all haste, to cross the Colorado River under the king’s flag, enter California, and there bring the king’s justice to the false site-owner dave of the House creep, and to all those who share in his crimes. I denounce him, and attaint him, and strip him of all rank and titles, of all lands and incomes and holdings, and do sentence him to death.

creep
Site Admin

#118 Post by creep » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:18 am

:lol: give it time. i still have four seasons left. season two is not off to the best start though.

oh and i'm going to portland today. my hotel better have amc so i can see breaking bad live.

jptm

#119 Post by jptm » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

anyone know a way to watch AMC/BB online somewhere? besides justin.tv?

sometimes living in Canada sucks. :mad:

Hype

#120 Post by Hype » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:56 pm

jptm wrote:anyone know a way to watch AMC/BB online somewhere? besides justin.tv?

sometimes living in Canada sucks. :mad:
icefilms.info (but shhh... would like it to stay around)

also,
dailyflix.net

Both should always have it from at least 2-5 sources. Sometimes I get 1.9 MB/s.

There's also the Navix plugin for XBMC that'll let you watch live TV with commercials and all, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

Juana

#121 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Tonight was excellent I thought for sure Mike was going to kill that chick... fucking great end to the episode, I think they are building to an all out murderfest.

Jasper

#122 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Does Hank know or suspect Walt is involved? When Hank's boss is lamenting his own imminent firing, he talks about how Gus came to his house for dinner and wine, and how the whole time Gus was really someone else, right under his nose. Hank gets extremely uncomfortable while that's been said, shrinking in his chair, with pained expression.

It's clear Hank will find out what Walt's doing before the series ends, but does he already have suspicions? Does he know unconsciously, but is unable to process it with his conscious mind? Walt paid for all of Hank's hospital stuff. Hank could be conflicted, but Hank's very serious about his job, so I can't see him looking the other way.

creep
Site Admin

#123 Post by creep » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm

i think the series will end with a walt vs hank moment and only one will survive. i'm sure hank suspects but he can only keep it in for so long.

Hype

#124 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:57 pm

creep wrote:i think the series will end with a walt vs hank moment and only one will survive. i'm sure hank suspects but he can only keep it in for so long.
It would be interesting if it turned into a version of Hamlet, with Walt witnessing the deaths of those he loves (or used to love, anyway), and then committing suicide. That'd be a good message to send about the glamorous "rewards" of being a meth kingpin. :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#125 Post by creep » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:i think the series will end with a walt vs hank moment and only one will survive. i'm sure hank suspects but he can only keep it in for so long.
It would be interesting if it turned into a version of Hamlet, with Walt witnessing the deaths of those he loves (or used to love, anyway), and then committing suicide. That'd be a good message to send about the glamorous "rewards" of being a meth kingpin. :noclue:
i would like an ending like that but i also like the possibility of a movie.