Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Juana

Re: AMC: Breaking Bad

#81 Post by Juana » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah it's crazy how it hooks you, well at least it did me. I can not wait until Sunday.

Hype

#82 Post by Hype » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

kv wrote:ok so i finally got around to watch the pilot and.....now it's time to download the entire first season :wiggle:
You will enjoy it. :nod:

perkana

#83 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

creep
Site Admin

#84 Post by creep » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm

that is the first time i have ever seen peter travers. he is much goofier than i expected. that clip also reinforces the fact that walter white is not a good looking bald man. he looks much better with a little hair.

creep
Site Admin

#85 Post by creep » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm

the critics have seen a few episodes. so far out of 16 reviews on metacritic it has a score of 100. i would say that's pretty good.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-5

jptm

#86 Post by jptm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 pm

...and evidently due to the whole Dish bullshit, the show will stream at 10 eastern Sunday night over on amc.... for a guy like me who doesn't get it here in Canada, I've already 'signed up' at amc.... so I get to watch live, too!

great marketing move by amc, too... more eyes, more $$$. not from me, but...

creep
Site Admin

#87 Post by creep » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:35 pm

farrellgirl99

#88 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 am

jptm wrote:...and evidently due to the whole Dish bullshit, the show will stream at 10 eastern Sunday night over on amc.... for a guy like me who doesn't get it here in Canada, I've already 'signed up' at amc.... so I get to watch live, too!

great marketing move by amc, too... more eyes, more $$$. not from me, but...
yes! thanks for sharing. i signed up cause im in canada and was horrified they didnt have amc :lol:

Jasper

#89 Post by Jasper » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm banking on this providing an hour of intense distraction. I need this badly, as I've had a terrible week.

Lord knows True Blood won't do much.
creep wrote:the critics have seen a few episodes. so far out of 16 reviews on metacritic it has a score of 100. i would say that's pretty good.

Yeah, that's pretty amazing. I think they've really come up with something. Seems like they may be able to end this thing on a high note, though apparently that haven't even written or filmed the episodes for next year. It's nice that they're not just filming it all at once, then giving it to us in two parts. I think it gives them more time to really plan things and do it right.

I wonder if next year is definitely the last (mini) season. We thought Eastbound & Down was gone for good. :noclue:
If Walt and Jesse make it through the show alive, it would be cool to see a movie - if they could do a movie their way and not get pushed around by Hollywood execs.

creep
Site Admin

#90 Post by creep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Jasper wrote:I'm banking on this providing an hour of intense distraction. I need this badly, as I've had a terrible week.

Lord knows True Blood won't do much.
creep wrote:the critics have seen a few episodes. so far out of 16 reviews on metacritic it has a score of 100. i would say that's pretty good.

Yeah, that's pretty amazing. I think they've really come up with something. Seems like they may be able to end this thing on a high note, though apparently that haven't even written or filmed the episodes for next year. It's nice that they're not just filming it all at once, then giving it to us in two parts. I think it gives them more time to really plan things and do it right.

I wonder if next year is definitely the last (mini) season. We thought Eastbound & Down was gone for good. :noclue:
If Walt and Jesse make it through the show alive, it would be cool to see a movie - if they could do a movie their way and not get pushed around by Hollywood execs.
i think it would be dumb to kill walt or jesse off since keeping them alive would leave it open to doing something else with them just in case. i'm all for killing off walt's whole family and hank's whole family in the first episode so the story can concentrate on the drug stuff. more saul and mike.

by the way your local paper ruined the perfect 100 scores by rating it a 67. :conf:

After some demented inspiration from Jesse (Aaron Paul), Walt launches a caper so audacious, it's almost comical.

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:33 pm

oh and so far three episodes in with the wire. i like it a lot but don't love it enough to waste a whole day watching them back to back. i need likeable characters and one has not quite emerged yet.

Jasper

#92 Post by Jasper » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 pm

creep wrote:by the way your local paper ruined the perfect 100 scores by rating it a 67. :conf:
After some demented inspiration from Jesse (Aaron Paul), Walt launches a caper so audacious, it's almost comical.
Fuck that fucking rag. :banghead: :balls: :no:

The Herald is a tabloid (magazine layout) which instantly tells you that it's shitty conservative garbage with barely any writing, lots of really bad cartoons, and a bunch of photos because words are hard on their readership. Mostly it's sports, which is probably the only justification for its existence. What writing there is happens to be made for and by people with about a second grade level of literacy. It's the New York Daily News but slighter and less hilarious.

So, as pissed off as I am that those halfwit assholes spoiled the perfect rating, them not giving it high praise comes off as something of a compliment.

The real newspaper in Boston is the Boston Globe, and its rating of the show on metacritic is a perfect 100.
The creeping sense of dread has been part of what has made Breaking Bad so engrossing.
Fucking Boston Herald. :no: Fuck those fucking fucks. :mad:

Hype

#93 Post by Hype » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah that review made no sense... what was written, if you can call it "writing", didn't correspond with the score it was given. The writer got accused of giving Breaking Bad that mark just to get people to read his article from the metacritic link. That seems right.

creep
Site Admin

#94 Post by creep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 pm

"fucking magnets how do they work?"

jptm

#95 Post by jptm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Brilliant. Questions answered, questions lingering. Great 1st ep.

Juana

#96 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah I was impressed with it, it didn't let me down

creep
Site Admin

#97 Post by creep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 pm

i could spend a while explaining why gus would never have his surveillance set up at the restaurant and he wouldn't use a laptop to do it with. i remember one episode when walt walked right in to gus's office and he wasn't there. he would not leave evidence there. also i think the cops might clue in on an auto wrecker missing a big fucking magnet.

since i am ignoring all of that i enjoyed the episode.

Juana

#98 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Well there were episodes in previous seasons where Gus was watching the footage in his office on a laptop. But it was a good episode either way I liked it for an opener.

creep
Site Admin

#99 Post by creep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Juana wrote:Well there were episodes in previous seasons where Gus was watching the footage in his office on a laptop. But it was a good episode either way I liked it for an opener.
i'm just saying if that was the case i see him taking it everywhere with him. but it is possible that he would never record anything. he would only watch it so there was no evidence on the laptop anyway. that would make more sense.

Juana

#100 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Indeed that would make a lot of sense for it to be a total live stream.

jptm

#101 Post by jptm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 pm

yeah, but you could capture a stream with just a pic a minute or whatever. it wouldn't necessarily have to be a video stream, right?

that would fit on a hard drive, but it's true; why would gus record all of this.... it really doesn't matter after tonight's episode.

where will it go from here?

Hype

#102 Post by Hype » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 pm

:scared:

Jasper

#103 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Well, there are some serious encryption tools. You can lock up a computer pretty damned well. Also, who knows, maybe he had a decoy and then another which never stayed behind without him. Gus could also have had some kind of secure remote link he could tap into, so he could have been able to watch without leaving any real trace on his laptop. That might conflict with Mike's dialogue below, but...I don't care.

As for whether or not there were tapes or anything like that, as opposed to a live feed or something, we don't really know for sure. Walt thinks there are recordings, but Mike only says where the feed went. Mike might not have any idea if anything was ever recorded. Gus wasn't exactly Mr. Transparency.

Anyway, here's the dialogue (blinking emphasis added :lol: ):
Walt: Gus kept cameras on us at the lab, at the laundry…God only knows where else. And of course when I say "us", I'm including you.

Jesse: Mike, Mike, [blink]if[/blink] he taped all that shit - us cooking, you picking up….

Walt: [blink]If[/blink] Gus had a record of that and the police get to it before we do….

Mike: You son of a bitch.

Walt: Mike, it's all on tape somewhere, or a hard drive. Where? Where did he keep it?

Mike: He had a laptop in his office. He kept it in the back of the restaurant. It all fed straight to there.
One last thing....
:lolol:

lollapaloser

#104 Post by lollapaloser » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

:lol:

Jasper

#105 Post by Jasper » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm

(date not real)
Want to keep Breaking Bad alive? Better call Saul!

When AMC’s critically acclaimed drug drama finishes its five-season run next year, that will spell the end for the ABQ crew. Or maybe not? Series creator/executive producer Vince Gilligan says he has interest in a spin-off featuring one of the show’s popular characters: Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), that crafty, oily, wise-cracking lawyer who counsels meth lord Walter White (Bryan Cranston). “I would love to see a Saul Goodman spin-off show when it’s all said and done,” Gilligan tells EW. “I think that would present itself pretty nicely, storywise. While Breaking Bad is by design a show that is finite and limited in its scope — it’s a story of transformation that cannot go on forever — I think a Saul Goodman show could have great legs. I love the idea of a lawyer who will do anything to avoid going to court. He’s always going to settle on the courthouse steps.” Gilligan cautions that the Saul spin-off is just in the idea stage at this point. And he issues an all-important caveat, given that the writers are currently constructing the second half of the last season: “No viewer should breathe a sigh of relief that Saul won’t expire by the end of Breaking Bad,” he says. “Everything is on the table… Who knows where Breaking Bad will take us?” (Asked about the possibility of a Saul-centric series, Odenkirk seconds: “Saul has got to survive this show first.” He adds with a quip: “And if he doesn’t, then maybe it can be done as a prequel.”)

What about the likelihood of a Breaking Bad movie? (Cranston recently said that he “wouldn’t mind visiting that possibility,” assuming Walt himself is still breathing after the final season.) “First of all, I have to say, God bless him for his enthusiasm,” says Gilligan. “But I don’t know how to do that at this point. I learned a long time ago to never say never, but I am working really hard to wrap up this story in these final 16 episodes
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/break ... off-movie/