Aspiring musicians (Let's talk music/Gear/Goals).

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Matz

Re: Aspiring musicians (Let's talk music/Gear/Goals).

#61 Post by Matz » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 am

:yikes: the 24th of June must be the equivalant of April 1st in Australia... :confused:

nausearockpig

#62 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:48 am

:lolol:

Sorry to disappoint.

Ganondorf

#63 Post by Ganondorf » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:59 pm

i'm stunned

beyond words

Mescal

#64 Post by Mescal » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:49 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Mescal wrote:

I really hope someone on this board says now:

"Wow, I've never heard this before. But this absolutely amazing, fantastic, life altering"
I've never like Pink Floyd (OMG GASP!!!!) but I'll give it a go, just for you.
Overall I thought that was terrible. The singing was awful in a sort of hippyish surreal vibe kinda way, the keyboard sounded hokey and Doors-ey. I thought the guitar was OK at around the 7-8 minute mark but overall it wasn't for me.

I will YouTube a few songs though to get a bit more exposure to PF but I'm not sure I'll see what all the fuss is about.
you’re just saying that because you already made up your mind that you weren’t gonna like this. Yes, it’s hippy and all that, but if you start liking it, it’s really good. Open up your mind and listen a few times

cabangbangq

#65 Post by cabangbangq » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Make your shit available for streaming dude.. youtube at least.
I will consider putting some of it up on YouTube. If I am not mistaken, you download at any price off of Bandcamp right now. I am hesitant to go to Spotify until I even enough of a following to justify myself doling out the money to get myself on streaming services.

Here is a new thing I came up with in the last two weeks:

https://soundcloud.com/vacation-2/baby-dont-try

nausearockpig

#66 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Mescal wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Mescal wrote:

"Wow, I've never heard this before. But this absolutely amazing, fantastic, life altering"
Overall I thought that was terrible. The singing was awful in a sort of hippyish surreal vibe kinda way, the keyboard sounded hokey and Doors-ey. I thought the guitar was OK at around the 7-8 minute mark but overall it wasn't for me.

I will YouTube a few songs though to get a bit more exposure to PF but I'm not sure I'll see what all the fuss is about.
you’re just saying that because you already made up your mind that you weren’t gonna like this. Yes, it’s hippy and all that, but if you start liking it, it’s really good. Open up your mind and listen a few times
Am I now? How the fuck would you jump to that I'll-informed conclusion? I listened to it and a couple more song and found I didn't like them. End of story. I'm not going to listen to something over and over to somehow force myself to like it in some groupthink mentally. Jesus, that's just stupid.

nausearockpig

#67 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Ganondorf wrote:i'm stunned

beyond words
who cares?

kv

#68 Post by kv » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Tastes are tastes.....if you don't like pf who gives a fuck...

You were nice to even listen to it some more.

Fuck them for arguing your tastes

I never really liked them either until drugs entered my life...once they left so did my listening of much pf

MicrowavedGerbil

#69 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 pm

kv wrote:I never really liked them either until drugs entered my life...once they left so did my listening of much pf
:lolol:

MicrowavedGerbil

#70 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 pm

cabangbangq wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Make your shit available for streaming dude.. youtube at least.
I will consider putting some of it up on YouTube. If I am not mistaken, you download at any price off of Bandcamp right now. I am hesitant to go to Spotify until I even enough of a following to justify myself doling out the money to get myself on streaming services.

Here is a new thing I came up with in the last two weeks:

https://soundcloud.com/vacation-2/baby-dont-try
Shit must be difficult to advertise your work without a band or a scene to be a part of. But no talent should go unoticed.

nausearockpig

#71 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 pm

kv wrote:Tastes are tastes.....if you don't like pf who gives a fuck...

You were nice to even listen to it some more.

Fuck them for arguing your tastes

I never really liked them either until drugs entered my life...once they left so did my listening of much pf
I never understand why people try to argue tastes...

MicrowavedGerbil

#72 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:21 pm

I don't argue music taste, i argue religion... nah jk

Mescal

#73 Post by Mescal » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Mescal wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Mescal wrote:

Am I now? How the fuck would you jump to that I'll-informed conclusion? I listened to it and a couple more song and found I didn't like them. End of story. I'm not going to listen to something over and over to somehow force myself to like it in some groupthink mentally. Jesus, that's just stupid.
Fine, don’t like Pink Floyd then. :dunce:

I was just trying to do you a favour.

now, if you don’t mind, I’m gonna put Echoes on my stereo. Just because it’s a fantastic song and that I can’t wrap my head around the fact that someone could not like it. :tiphat:

nausearockpig

#74 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:49 am

I gave it a go, & do appreciate the suggestion. I'm always looking to find a "new" band to fall in love with.

MicrowavedGerbil

#75 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Incubus Echo > PF Echo

MicrowavedGerbil

#76 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:59 pm

I listened to it all. I hate how pf have sooo many slow paced songs.its off putting to new ears.

Mescal

#77 Post by Mescal » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Ok, so bought myself a 1977 pre ernie Ball Music Man. Been playing a 92 or 94 MM for 20 years, so this is only my second bass :) But I think it's a beauty so I thought I'd share.

More or less 100% original (new mute thingies) and I had it refinished (nitro cellulose)

It was stripped off its original sunburst some time ago and then finished with a cheap brush on gloss finish. The finish was sanded off and it was given the original three tone burst.

nausearockpig

#78 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 am

that's very nice!

Matz

#79 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:36 am

nice, never thought that model had been around for that long. You'll instantly sound like Flea now, which is nice

I just got an American special tele, which I love. But thank god I didn't go above that, really no need to, as this video shows. I actually prefer the Squier's tone

Mescal

#80 Post by Mescal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:59 am

They both sound like crap :-) , but I m sure the playability of the expensive one will be better. I played a cheap squier bass once and it really Hurt my fingers because I had to press down so hard On the strings.

First year of production for the music man stingray was 1976. Leo Fender designed it.

I ve been trying to sound like Flea for 20 years :-)

How many guitars do you have?

Pandemonium

#81 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am

Mescal wrote:Image
Man, that pickup looks like the size of a brick. It'll probably draw all the iron in your body down to your balls.

Matz

#82 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Mescal wrote:They both sound like crap :-) , but I m sure the playability of the expensive one will be better. I played a cheap squier bass once and it really Hurt my fingers because I had to press down so hard On the strings.

First year of production for the music man stingray was 1976. Leo Fender designed it.

I ve been trying to sound like Flea for 20 years :-)

How many guitars do you have?
About ten, a strat, a Les Paul, a Vai acoustic and other things. But as with most guitar players out there my collection is more impressive than my playing most of the time

nausearockpig

#83 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 am

I've got a Squier Bullet Strat, and a 2014 American Standard Strat. The standard is way nicer to play, and feels better, along with being nicer to look at and has better hardware, and presumably, wiring.

I'm yet not to do an A/B sound comparison.... I should do it but would be mortified if they sounded the same hahahahha