Godzilla Resurgence

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
MicrowavedGerbil

Godzilla Resurgence

#1 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=godzilla&sm=3

Not sure if it was posted or if anyone has heard but it looks like a new Japanese Godzilla movie is coming out as a response to the Hollywood 2014 film Godzilla 3D. It seems to be the first Japan made Godzilla movie in 12 years.
It is a japanese trailer so this might mean it won't be released in the US.. Which kind of sucks but i guess with Godzilla 2014 having a scheduled sequel, It makes sense to not co release the films and cause a confussion kind of like Godzilla 98' and Godzilla 2000 did at their time. Resurgence DOES have a DVD release planned later on. Maybe we will get the movie in stores for DVD in 2017? Anyway, The movie looks promising! Godzilla looks fucking awesome and there is little use of CGI as far as the trailer goes. Meaning Toho is being true to Godzilla being a costume other than CGI. I really would have liked a theatre release In the states. What do you gus think?

MicrowavedGerbil

Re: Godzilla Resurgence

#2 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed May 18, 2016 4:11 pm

https://youtu.be/3WkxVHyzivg

Phone issues. Here's the link.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 18, 2016 10:24 pm

The director who did the pretty freaky live action "Attack On Titan" live action movies based on the anime series is involved with this Godzilla flick. Kinda also explanis the melty, zombie burn victim look of Godzilla this time. The trailer doesn't do a great job selling this flick-typical lumbering Godzilla smashing shit, screaming, running crowds, constipated looking goverment types arguing how to deal with Godzilla with some soft romantic angle with two leads.

MicrowavedGerbil

#4 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed May 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Lmfao.. well then!

Idk i think only die hard fans will watch this movie.. i'm not one of them but i sure as hell want to watch this.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Thu May 19, 2016 9:10 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Lmfao.. well then!

Idk i think only die hard fans will watch this movie.. i'm not one of them but i sure as hell want to watch this.
One of the things I've unapologetically carried with me since childhood is a love of Godzilla/giant monster flicks (as my avatar demonstrates, lol). I'll see it, I'll undoubtedly buy the Japanese import Blu-ray - I'm just saying the trailer does a lousy job of making this movie look interesting.

MicrowavedGerbil

#6 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu May 19, 2016 12:18 pm

I disagree, The B status feel the quality of this movie shown in the trailer gives this the old school kick it needs to be considered a real Godzilla movie. If that makes any sense.

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 am

So the new Godzilla flick opened in Japan this week and is drawing a lot of attention.

Godzilla starts by out coming out of the ocean as a armless, almost legless several hundred foot long snaking tadpole pushing itself around on it's belly causing grand scale mayhem like a super-sized Hungry Hungry Hippo. It eventually sprouts legs like a turkey dinosaur that walks upright and graphically eats people, and eventually grows to the big Godzilla with the funny little upturned arms like he's either got arthritis or is commenting on someone's rack ("those boobies are *this* big!"). Also, Godzilla doesn't really have the traditional radioactive breath - he shoots a purple laser beam outta his mouth... and from the tip of his tail... and the ends of his fins... like a giant glitter disco ball. It gets better. Supposedly near the end of the movie, the people he ate through the movie are shown trapped like in amber in the end of his tail as mutated humanoid Godzillas. There's some definite similarities to the movie "Godzilla vs Destroyah" to how Godzilla is dealt with (he's frozen and remains a living corpse in the center of Tokyo). Here's some spoilery pictures:

Tadpole Godzilla

Turkey Godzilla

Not Fully Formed Godzilla

Laserblast Predator Jaw-Splitting, Tail Zapping Godzilla
http://i.imgur.com/iXWR2Mf.jpg

Discoballzilla

Final Growth Stage Godzilla

MicrowavedGerbil

#8 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:24 am

I skimmed thru it because i didn't know if you contained spoilers but i used to live for this kinda shit and i wouldn't mind waiting up until a US DVD release to watch it on full screen. Besides, the japanese to english translation might give it a kick like godzilla 2000 :nyrexall:

What a shame.. i hope it really is as graphic as i have been reading it was.

clickie

#9 Post by clickie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Is it true theyre planning a godzilla vs kong in the near future? Godzillas like 20 times bigger in size.

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:23 pm

clickie wrote:Is it true theyre planning a godzilla vs kong in the near future? Godzillas like 20 times bigger in size.
Yes, probably around 2019. First, the King Kong stand-alone movie comes out next Spring and you can tell by the glimpses in the trailer Kong's not only now a few hundred feet tall (still no where as big as the 2014 USA Godzilla) this time but he stands erect like some kinda Sasquatch.

clickie

#11 Post by clickie » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 am

I just remembered I used to have a nice sized plastic godzilla toy as a kid in the 70's. The thing was about a foot and half tall with moveable arms. Totally forgot about that. All kids seem to be fascinated with him for some reason.

kv

#12 Post by kv » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Artemis

#13 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:43 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/haru ... 9373899f7b
Original Godzilla Actor Haruo Nakajima Dead At 88
The 1954 version of the monster costume outweighed the actor because of wartime shortages.

Haruo Nakajima, the original Godzilla actor for the series of classic monster movies, died Monday at age 88, according to news reports.

Nakajima, the first screen actor to portray Japan’s most famous monster, performed in 12 Godzilla films, from the first in 1954 to “Godzilla vs. Gigan” in 1972.

He started as a stuntman, appearing in classic Japanese films like “Seven Samurai,” before a producer noticed him on the set of a World War II movie and liked his energy, according to the clip above.

Many people assume the Godzilla costume was made from rubber. The first one, however, was fashioned from concrete, because post-war shortages made rubber scarce. That first costume weighed nearly 220 pounds, according to AVClub.com.

Nakajima was given very little direction in that first film. He took cues from the Tokyo zoo, where he studied how the larger animals behaved, according to Variety.com.

Godzilla may have ― literally ― been Nakajima’s biggest role, but he also scared up attention as “Mothra” in the 1961 Toho film, and as King Kong in 1967’s “King Kong Escapes.”

Nakajima wrote about his life in 2010 in a Japanese-language autobiography, Monster Life: Haruo Nakajima, the Original Godzilla Actor.

In his later years, Nakajima spent time going to fan conventions. He was proud of his work, according to the video above.

“In the end, the Godzilla I played remains on film forever,” he said. “It remains in people’s memory, and for that I feel really grateful.”