How a reissue should be done

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

How a reissue should be done

#1 Post by Mescal » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:41 am

https://www.metallica.com/blog/news/448 ... -re-master

This is pampering your fans ... unlike some other bands

Larry B.

Re: How a reissue should be done

#2 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:37 am

That's ridiculously good. And the unboxing video is a terrific promotion that is sure to drive up sales. Very smart marking here, love it.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:59 am

I got that box set for Christmas. It's really one of if not *the* most comprehensive documents from start to finish of the making of a landmark album and the tour and drama around it. I have a lot of down time right now and have to stay off my feet so I've been wading through it the past week. The anticipation for Metallica's upcoming "And Justice For All" is huge among hardcore fans.

MYXYLPLYX

#4 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 pm

:thumb:

The first two reissues were definitely more of a deep dive to turn up lost treasures. By the time MOP rolled around there's so much stuff that distilling the best of what is available became the real challenge. It really does contain just about everything a fan could want...

Combine it with the book "Back to the Front" and it's damn near time travel.

Pande, if you're looking for a "Justice for Jason" AJFA remaster, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed... :wavesad:

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote::thumb:
Pande, if you're looking for a "Justice for Jason" AJFA remaster, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed... :wavesad:
Unlike a lot of fans of the album, it's not that important to me that they include some sort of "Jason's Bass remix" of AJFA in the upcoming box set. Extensive demos and key live performances of the songs are my main selling point. One thing I do wish they'd do is a HiRez stereo and 5.1 surround remix for Blu-ray or even DVD of the albums for the individual respective box sets though. That's something I think they've missed the boat on.