I though I'd share this Aussie travesty/glory with you all

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

I though I'd share this Aussie travesty/glory with you all

#1 Post by nausearockpig » Fri May 25, 2018 1:49 am

The guys who have created Aussie classic TV Shows like "Pizza", "Housos", "Swift and Shift Couriers" and other "gems", have created a show where they travel around Straya* looking for Straya's biggest bogan.. Bogan Hunters

"What is a bogan?" I hear you ask..

Well..... fuck... they're kind of like rednecks but not really the same. That inherent racism and gun-totingness isn't there, but other qualities are the shared. A bogan usually lives in a lower socio-economic area, is either perpetually unemployed, or has a blue collar job (nothing wrong with BC jobs, just pointing out the obvious), has an affinity for getting drunk or high A LOT, has a mullet, has lots of bad tattoos, wears thongs (sigh, flip-flops) with all clothes, wears singlet and/or flannelette shirts a lot, loves AC/DC and Metallica, loves doing burnouts in his/her bogan car (muscle or just a piece of shit car), lives in a fucking pig-sty, a lot of the time has missing, broken or no teeth, chants "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" a lot for no reason, usually is called Darren, which is shortened to Daz or Dazza, or if a lady, called Sharon, which is shortened to Shazza or Shaz, is generally promiscuous, has four or more kids to two or more partners... the list goes on.....

I'm not sure if the bogans on the show don't know, or don't care that the hosts are clearly taking the piss.. but it is what it is.

If you have a VPN, and set the IP address to an Australian address, you can watch episodes of the show here: https://7plus.com.au/bogan-hunters. If you can't do that, there are episodes here: https://thepiratebay.cr/search/bogan%20hunters/0/7/ and for a sweet peek:

Sadly it only lasted for one season but really, it's worth your time.. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE, NOT PAID ACTORS. FOR REAL.... I'VE SEEN PEOPLE JUST LIKE THEM. I'M NOT SHITTING YOU..

*bogan way of saying Australia. Drop the "Au" "uh" sound then say "Stray" like you're saying "straight", then say "ya" really quickly.. "Stray" + "ya" = "Staya"

Go here:

Enjoy. You're welcome, by the way.

Matz

Re: I though I'd share this Aussie travesty/glory with you a

#2 Post by Matz » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

you forgot this one :nod: