Cure at Hyde park

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
phenobarb_bambalam

Re: Cure at Hyde park

#21 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

EC - seeing this late, sorry.

Yes, I went, sadly. Chalk me up as dead inside; this was a clusterfuck, IMHO. I've seen the Cure c.60 times, and with the exception of one other festival, this was at the bottom of the list. The crowd was awful, and the sound was particularly shit - I get that both of those are factors at festivals, but even by festival standards....

I really had thought that something outside of the norm would happen over the these two nights (I also went to Meltdown), given the 40th anniversary, but it was just crowd pleasing. No past members, no never-before-played songs, etc. Which is fine - I should have known better.

Just as I know that when they tour again and are off the festival stage, they'll deliver as they always do. Despite the piss and vinegar I seem to be displaying, I am just beyond thankful that RS still does what he does and does it so fucking well. While the last few studio albums have been forgettable, they still deliver phenomenal shows. The performances are great, they'll play 2...3...4 hours...and play deep, deep cuts. And occasionally do things like Reflections and Trilogy, both of which I was fortunate to see live.

Glad to hear you enjoyed though; post Sweden game....feels like a lifetime ago already! :thumb:

erotic cheeses

#22 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Piss and vinegar ha!
Sorry you didn't enjoy - maybe I was spoilt haven't seen them for 20 years and had a great weekend all in, can't keep eveyone happy I guess...

phenobarb_bambalam

#23 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 pm

erotic cheeses wrote:Piss and vinegar ha!
Sorry you didn't enjoy - maybe I was spoilt haven't seen them for 20 years and had a great weekend all in, can't keep eveyone happy I guess...
Hats off - clearly you did it right, unlike some of us! :tiphat: :wink: