Pink Floyd

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Pink Floyd

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:41 am

As part of the remasters campaign, PF are doing massive box sets of their biggest selling albums. The Wall will get one early next year but on Amazon, they already have snippets of demos for the entire album up and they're pretty revelatory:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Wall-2011-R ... m_ap_alb18

Matz

Re: Pink Floyd

#2 Post by Matz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:09 pm

cool, seems like you get your moneys worth. Great lookin cover too. Dave Navarro is gonna like this

sinep

#3 Post by sinep » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:39 pm

the demos have been out there for awhile. they're pretty cool to listen to.

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:19 pm

sinep wrote:the demos have been out there for awhile. they're pretty cool to listen to.
I wish they'd include a pro-shot show from that tour. There's footage on YouTube from on of the UK shows synced with audio from the official cd release.

That was one of maybe 3 or 4 shows in the late 70's/early 80's that I had an opportunity to go that I really wish I had in retrospect. For the LA stand in early '80, they sold tickets through a mail order lottery and I didn't get in. I could have bought a ticket from a broker but I just wasn't that big a PF fan back then. A co-worker went (and bought me a jersey) and raved for fuckin' weeks how amazing the production was.

jptm

#5 Post by jptm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:56 pm

i've seen 'em 3 times; twice in L.A. during the Momentary Lapse tour *LA Sports Arena & then the big Collessium show*... they were the highlight of my early concerts... the dolby going on at the collossium show was intense (especially on 3 hits of good acid :wink: ).

third time was in dallas during the division bell tour; wasn't as spectacular as i'd remembered, even thought the stage (and giant 'O' of lights center stage) had tripled in size. can't explain it, but i suppose the formative years leave more of a mark.

still, a great band; with roger or not--to see live.

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 pm

jptm wrote:i've seen 'em 3 times; twice in L.A. during the Momentary Lapse tour *LA Sports Arena & then the big Collessium show*... they were the highlight of my early concerts... the dolby going on at the collossium show was intense (especially on 3 hits of good acid :wink: ).

third time was in dallas during the division bell tour; wasn't as spectacular as i'd remembered, even thought the stage (and giant 'O' of lights center stage) had tripled in size. can't explain it, but i suppose the formative years leave more of a mark.

I saw those tours too! 1 show each though- '87 and '94 both were at the Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.

for the first tour i camped out for tickets and ended up with floor seats 8 rows back! :cool: :rockon:
i remember my ears were ringing until the next morning.

Mescal

#7 Post by Mescal » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 am

sinep wrote:the demos have been out there for awhile. they're pretty cool to listen to.
Yeah, the demo's were called: The Wall under Construction or something.

Indeed a fun listen!

Pandemonium

#8 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:56 am

Artemis wrote:
jptm wrote:i've seen 'em 3 times; twice in L.A. during the Momentary Lapse tour *LA Sports Arena & then the big Collessium show*... they were the highlight of my early concerts... the dolby going on at the collossium show was intense (especially on 3 hits of good acid :wink: ).

I saw those tours too! 1 show each though- '87 and '94 both were at the Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.

for the first tour i camped out for tickets and ended up with floor seats 8 rows back! :cool: :rockon:
i remember my ears were ringing until the next morning.
I never saw Pink Floyd live. Once Waters left, my interest in seeing them died. However, I did see Gilmore on what i think was huis first solo tour (he was plugging the album that had the single "All Women Are Deranged") in the early 80's at Irvine Meadows. It was kind of sad though, because the place was maybe 1/4th full.