The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
erotic cheeses

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

#251 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Nin sounded great, rick was a bit creepy, weakly dead getting a bit tired

That's my 5 second critique

One hour and twenty minutes next week

erotic cheeses

#252 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Anyways GOT starts soon...

nausearockpig

#253 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Hopefully Negan is introduced next episode.... Bring on Lucile!!

creep
Site Admin

#254 Post by creep » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm

i liked the finale but not much happened. all of our regulars lived which is good i guess. the mayor or what ever the fuck she is has had a rough week losing her whole family. rick is now free to bang the blond women. not sure why he shot the guy when he could of stabbed him. now they know he has another gun.

clickie

#255 Post by clickie » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:49 pm

I didnt last very long with this show, maybe 5 episodes in total.

Jasper

#256 Post by Jasper » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:20 pm

creep wrote:rick is now free to bang the blond women.
All of them? :lol:

I enjoyed it. There was some weird editing, but the tension level was good. I liked the actor who pointed the gun at Morgan in the beginning, he really seemed like a genuine psycho. It was very contrived that the drunk surgeon turned up at that precise time during the meeting, killing the husband, of all people, thus providing the exact lesson needed at the exact time to boost Rick's argument. They could have done something similar without making it as convenient.
creep wrote: not sure why he shot the guy when he could of stabbed him. now they know he has another gun.
After the argument Rick made, and the fact that the husband was killed by someone Rick would have killed already, maybe there's no point in him pretending that he's not going to be toting firearms no matter what anyone does or says. The next step is to reinforce the walls, form a militia, and have mandatory combat training for all citizens. I'd seriously consider requiring everyone to carry a firearm at all times as well, kind of like an extreme version of Switzerland. The town needs to be turned into a military base.

Artemis

#257 Post by Artemis » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:17 am

Jasper

#258 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Finally time for some more junk food garbage.

For a series with so much filler it's pretty funny that they've created a spin-off. The material/concept was spread thin as it was, but there was a lot of money in it — so here we are. The risk is that peak zombie saturation and a reduced focus on the original series could be harmful to the entire franchise.

Apparently this spin-off is beginning with a mini season of a mere six episodes. The length should help them avoid filler, but it doesn't guarantee that the core story will be entertaining.

I'm hoping for the best, which means I'm hoping that it's a decent little popcorn diversion that doesn't worsen the already wobbly/aimless parent series.

Incidentally, I don't think we need two threads for the franchise.

Jasper

#259 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Well, that sucked, but at least it had Joanie from Deadwood.

Artemis

#260 Post by Artemis » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Haha...this is pretty funny.

erotic cheeses

#261 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Awesome thanks art

And it all starts this weekend!

erotic cheeses

#262 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 pm

And season two of les revenants starts next weekend

erotic cheeses

#263 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:40 pm

So how was episode one?

creep
Site Admin

#264 Post by creep » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm

the plot of the first episode was silly. some of the writing was over the top and cheesy. the first episode always gets a pass though.

Jasper

#265 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Not the greatest episode, but sometimes the season premiere can be a bit weak. It does a pretty good job of setting up the next week, so maybe that one will be better.

thoreau

#266 Post by thoreau » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:33 am

creep wrote:the plot of the first episode was silly. some of the writing was over the top and cheesy. the first episode always gets a pass though.
Agreed on all points.

Artemis

#267 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Jasper wrote:Not the greatest episode, but sometimes the season premiere can be a bit weak. It does a pretty good job of setting up the next week, so maybe that one will be better.

:nod:

I think this episode had more style than substance with the flashback sequences switching from colour to black and white and back again.

Other than the gazillion zombies in the quarry and Rick and Morgan trying to get to know each other again, there wasn't a whole lotta action.

JOEinPHX

#268 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Why didn't they just blow them up? Surely they can find dynamite somewhere.

Seems preferable to "Hey, let's take them on a 20 mile journey right past our town"

Jasper

#269 Post by Jasper » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Why didn't they just blow them up? Surely they can find dynamite somewhere.

Seems preferable to "Hey, let's take them on a 20 mile journey right past our town"
Using the logic of that universe (which admittedly isn't always consistent) I think the noise would likely bring a super herd in their direction.

My solution is of the Winnie Mandela necklacing school:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacin ... uth_Africa
Get a bunch of tires, stuff them with twigs and paper and rags, and any old/used oil you've got, light them, then roll them down into the pit. Do this over and over, and once you've got one of those tire fires that never goes out, keep launching flammable material (old tree trunks, etc.) down there, perhaps even using a catapult to get stuff towards the middle of the pit to promote thorough burning. Naturally you'd begin this process at the weak points in order to prevent a breach.

Just like that you've got an ongoing zombie fire pit into which they continually slide and meet their fiery end.

erotic cheeses

#270 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Jasper wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Why didn't they just blow them up? Surely they can find dynamite somewhere.

Wanna be with you when the herd hits

Using the logic of that universe (which admittedly isn't always consistent) I think the noise would likely bring a super herd in their direction.

My solution is of the Winnie Mandela necklacing school:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacin ... uth_Africa
Get a bunch of tires, stuff them with twigs and paper and rags, and any old/used oil you've got, light them, then roll them down into the pit. Do this over and over, and once you've got one of those tire fires that never goes out, keep launching flammable material (old tree trunks, etc.) down there, perhaps even using a catapult to get stuff towards the middle of the pit to promote thorough burning. Naturally you'd begin this process at the weak points in order to prevent a breach.

Just like that you've got an ongoing zombie fire pit into which they continually slide and meet their fiery end.

creep
Site Admin

#271 Post by creep » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:37 pm

much better episode especially because it was pretty much zombie free. :thumb:

Jasper

#272 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 pm

creep wrote:much better episode especially because it was pretty much zombie free. :thumb:
Yeah, this one was well above average.

I guess the herd might be arriving next time, so you're gonna have to deal with a lot of zombies. I know they're scary, but just remember that it's not real. :pat:

creep
Site Admin

#273 Post by creep » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:much better episode especially because it was pretty much zombie free. :thumb:
Yeah, this one was well above average.

I guess the herd might be arriving next time, so you're gonna have to deal with a lot of zombies. I know they're scary, but just remember that it's not real. :pat:
while i do hate scary movies i find nothing scary about the walking dead. i just find the zombies boring.

grab someone
almost bite them
get stabbed in the head
repeat a million times

the fight against other humans is a thousand times better.

those attackers were almost zombie like. they hacked away at the dead bodies for no apparent reason.

Jasper

#274 Post by Jasper » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:03 pm

I wasn't sure if Morgan killed that guy in the house at the end of the episode. He said he was sorry, then hit him in the head with the staff. It was the same young guy who had a pretty long scene with Morgan at the beginning of an episode late last season when we first saw that Morgan could fight. Since they focused so much on this guy then, then had him show return, I was thinking he might be given a longer arc. For instance, if he's only knocked out instead of dead, he'd presumably end up as their first prisoner. They could grill him about his group, and Rick and Morgan could fight about whether or not to kill him. "Rick, it's not nice that we're having a town picnic and he's locked up. We need to set him free to enjoy some of these sandwiches. Everybody deserves to be free, and everyone deserves a portion of potato salad."

I'm sick of this recurring bullshit where some character doesn't want to kill anybody. Morgan let loose about five violent psychopaths, who will each no doubt kill dozens of people in the future. He even let one of them get away with a gun. Morgan seems less like a moral conscience and more like a delusional fool who should have learned his lesson years ago.

Artemis

#275 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Jasper wrote: Morgan seems less like a moral conscience and more like a delusional fool who should have learned his lesson years ago.
Yep.

Morgan needs to spend a little more time with Carol.