The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

#326 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Jasper wrote:Morgan cannot die soon enough.

10000% agreed.

Fuck that guy.

Jasper

#327 Post by Jasper » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

creep wrote:you know something is going to happen and morgan is going to start killing some fools.

i did enjoy seeing carol get roughed up a bit since she thinks she is too much of a bad ass.
Yeah, Morgan might kill some people after the wolf guy kills some (more) of his friends. Maybe he'll be forced to kill the wolf guy, then he'll finally realize that pacifism towards people actively hacking up his friends right in front of him is probably a bad strategy. Then he can die immediately. Either way, I'm tired of his bullshit. That scene should have ended with Carol blowing Morgan's brains out, then calmly executing the wolf man and fighting her way back home to bake some cookies for the survivors.

Even the wolf is telling them they should kill him. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#328 Post by creep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:08 pm

so...last nights episode was ok. i was really happy when i thought carl was killed but i guess he will now have an eye patch to go with his stupid hat. rick now needs a new girlfriend....

Jasper

#329 Post by Jasper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:33 pm

It was OK. There was a lot going on. That part in the woods was especially harsh. Rick's incompetence strikes again. He should have picked up that kid the minute he started freaking out.

That thing will Glenn basically amounts to a second Glenn death fake-out. It really seems like they're gearing up to off the guy.

There were some dark lighting periods in the episode where I could barely see what was going on.

crater

#330 Post by crater » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:17 pm

I enjoyed it, even though I have a friend that let slip with a spoiler because he has read the comics and inadvertently ruined the Carl scene for me. So now I pretty much know what to expect with him from now on.

nausearockpig

#331 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 pm

I saw some idiot's spoiler post on FB about the Carl scene, thanks a fucking lot... Admittedly it was done differently to in the comics but I'm actually surprised they did it.. I thought the episode was a good one, probably the best of the season.. prepare to be bored from here on in... I loved that first scene.. I had no idea how our heroes were gonna get out of that one...

I'm glad that Rick's blonde bit got it - he shoulda hooked up with her and made her baddass but instead they just shared meaningful glances and a peck or two... I loved that Michonne skewered that kid even though it ended up getting Carl shot... should've cut the little cunt's head off....

blackcoffee

#332 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:29 pm

creep wrote:so...last nights episode was ok. i was really happy when i thought carl was killed but i guess he will now have an eye patch to go with his stupid hat. rick now needs a new girlfriend....
Michonne. Rick and Michonne would make a fierce couple.

creep
Site Admin

#333 Post by creep » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
creep wrote:so...last nights episode was ok. i was really happy when i thought carl was killed but i guess he will now have an eye patch to go with his stupid hat. rick now needs a new girlfriend....
Michonne. Rick and Michonne would make a fierce couple.
good call. didn't take rick long.

i'm sure i'm the only one but i liked tonight's episode better than the first. i know not much happened but i like when new characters are introduced and we have no idea whet the deal is with that guy.

Jasper

#334 Post by Jasper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Eh, it was kinda sorta OK. The Rick and Daryl parts were good.

Deanna was last seen screaming at an oncoming hoarde of walkers after shooting several of them. They would have eaten her, so it doesn't make sense that her reanimated corpse would be stumbling around in the forest completely intact.

Rick sure didn't waste much time getting over his lady friend. Carl seems unfazed about losing an eye.

blackcoffee

#335 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 am

Jasper wrote:Eh, it was kinda sorta OK. The Rick and Daryl parts were good.

Deanna was last seen screaming at an oncoming hoarde of walkers after shooting several of them. They would have eaten her, so it doesn't make sense that her reanimated corpse would be stumbling around in the forest completely intact.

Rick sure didn't waste much time getting over his lady friend. Carl seems unfazed about losing an eye.
The first few frames uggest the passage of time: photo of Carl with eye patch and his sister, return to normalcy in the neighborhood...Not that a teen or anyone wouldn't still be brooding over it, but he's kind of emotionally stunted.

Jasper

#336 Post by Jasper » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Rick, hard at work, setting up more disasters.

creep
Site Admin

#337 Post by creep » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 am

abraham will surely die during the fight. it's the old trick of softening the tough character up just before he dies. losing the necklace is probably a sign too.

i hate to be a broken record but i really enjoy the zombie free episodes.

Jasper

#338 Post by Jasper » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 pm

creep wrote:abraham will surely die during the fight. it's the old trick of softening the tough character up just before he dies. losing the necklace is probably a sign too.

i hate to be a broken record but i really enjoy the zombie free episodes.
Well, I guess the fight's not technically over quite yet. Somebody's gonna die, I don't think there's much question about that. Seems like the popular guesses are Glenn, Abraham, and Daryl.

Jasper

#339 Post by Jasper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:58 pm

By the way, so much for softening up Abraham. That brutal breakup method was uncalled for. I'll be happy to comfort that poor girl.

creep
Site Admin

#340 Post by creep » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:31 pm

sort of a weird boring episode but then the arrow through the eye while making that speech made up for everything. then we get even more when eugene bites that dude's dick.

"you know how to bite a dick eugene. i mean that with the utmost of respect" :lol:

carol will be back.

Jasper

#341 Post by Jasper » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Carol leaving made no sense. She'd probably have to kill even more people to survive on her own. I guess someone will capture her or some shit. Whatever.

Was the guy whose dick got bit the same one who stole Daryl's bike?

Juana

#342 Post by Juana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:37 am

Jasper wrote:Carol leaving made no sense. She'd probably have to kill even more people to survive on her own. I guess someone will capture her or some shit. Whatever.

Was the guy whose dick got bit the same one who stole Daryl's bike?
Yes it was the same one that stole his bike and cross bow

creep
Site Admin

#343 Post by creep » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:11 pm

so.....two people leave the camp voluntarily and in another smart move five people go chasing after them. carol who leaves because of the killings starts blasting fools a few hours after she leaves. of course most of our five heroes gets captured and the episode ends with another pretend killing of a main character. i'm thinking he shot rosita. i was still entertained though....

Jasper

#344 Post by Jasper » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Jasper wrote:Carol leaving made no sense. She'd probably have to kill even more people to survive on her own.
I know this was obvious, but c'mon.

I don't know what happened at the end, and I am mildly irritated that they keep pulling the same shit.

JOEinPHX

#345 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:57 pm

creep wrote:so.....two people leave the camp voluntarily and in another smart move five people go chasing after them. carol who leaves because of the killings starts blasting fools a few hours after she leaves. of course most of our five heroes gets captured and the episode ends with another pretend killing of a main character. i'm thinking he shot rosita. i was still entertained though....
Remember that guy saying the crossbow has a hell of a kick? I think he shot Daryl in the shoulder so he can't fire it even if he gets it back.

Hence why he said "You'll be alright", because a shot to the shoulder isn't going to be life threatening.

creep
Site Admin

#346 Post by creep » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:48 pm

boooooring

weak...shitty way to end a season finally.

all my money is on abraham getting clubbed.

Jasper

#347 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:55 pm

I was too busy to watch it until just now. I thought it was really good. :noclue: Actually, I thought you'd think it was good, creep, since it wasn't zombie-centric. I know it was slow to the point of frustration, but I was tense the whole time, partly because I'd been hearing about a brutal ending for weeks. I know what happens in the comic, but they don't follow the comic very closely.

I don't know why I didn't expect them to not show who got clubbed. It's no surprise, given the way the show works. I'm guessing it was Glenn, Abraham, or Daryl. The only thing about Daryl is that they didn't show him dealing with his wound and not being able to fire his crossbow (like Six7Six7 said earlier). You'd think they wouldn't give Daryl a very specific wound and then not take the opportunity to show him struggling with it.

Nobody is gonna shut up about this for months. It's going to be like another Jon Snow.

creep
Site Admin

#348 Post by creep » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 am

i don't know why i wasn't in to it or what i was expecting. up until the end i was bored with it all.

i don't know why you keep bringing up daryl. he must die in the comics because there is no way they would kill him. he and rick are the two untouchables.

Jasper

#349 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

I've only read a tiny fraction of the comics, but as far as I know, Daryl doesn't die in the comics because the character doesn't even exist in the comics. Like I said, they don't follow the comics very closely most of the time. They use them as more of a loose framework.

Juana

#350 Post by Juana » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Not sure I remember who was next to Carl but I think it's that person: "if the kid moves rip out his other eye and feed it to his dad" was said...