RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

Re: RHCP

#1026 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:42 pm

Yeah well, if it happened to you one time , maybe yes.

Flea isn't public property.

Having a cool conversaties, yes, but he ain´t the Eiffel Tower.

Juana

#1027 Post by Juana » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:37 pm

Mescal wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:04 am
Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:42 am
Flea refuses to take photos with fans and considers it the absolute height of rudeness to ask.
I do understand this point of view though
I guess it depends on where you catch him at he takes pictures all the time maybe on show dates he's just locked in if it's prior to the show or something. Who knows?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1028 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm

Mescal wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:42 pm

How dare people want a keepsake of their interaction. :eyes:

He should be flattered. I don’t care how famous he is. Again, politeness is key. But if someone says “may I please take a picture with you” and your response is “I ain’t the Eiffel Tower,” you’re a dick and have lost sight of who put you in that position of fame to begin with.

Juana

#1029 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:18 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Mescal wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:42 pm

How dare people want a keepsake of their interaction. :eyes:

He should be flattered. I don’t care how famous he is. Again, politeness is key. But if someone says “may I please take a picture with you” and your response is “I ain’t the Eiffel Tower,” you’re a dick and have lost sight of who put you in that position of fame to begin with.
I agree with with the politeness part and replying that is a dick response and a dick move, I just meant at the show if someone is locked in for their performance I could see them not wanting to interrupt their flow with the picture taking especially if there is a whole group of people.

SR

#1030 Post by SR » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 am

I think it's anyone's right to expect privacy while living their private lives. The problem with Flea is he fits squarely in the attention whore category who wittingly or unwittingly exploits the idolatry to document his private life endlessly on social media. :jasper: He begs to be interrupted. If it was between Flea and say, Sean Penn...who are you going to approach? I will say my only interaction with Flea was really positive though. My kiddo scored Laker tix and vip parking through a school raffle and we were waiting on the valet for our car when I looked down at Samuel and he looked like his soul was leaving his body. His eyes were bugged out and Flea was right next to us. I started talking bball with him and such....as he got into his truck he took a second to call out the little guy. I read the next day that he had shown up to jam with Metalica at some little show.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1031 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:44 am

SR wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 am
I think it's anyone's right to expect privacy while living their private lives.
I mostly agree, although when you make a living putting yourself on public display it comes with the territory. It’s one thing if someone is having dinner with your family, and another if they’re walking down the street and you say hello.

Also, he seems to be fine with someone asking for an autograph. But a picture is somehow this grotesque ask.

SR

#1032 Post by SR » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am

Hokahey wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:44 am
SR wrote:
I mostly agree, although when you make a living putting yourself on public display it comes with the territory. It’s one thing if someone is having dinner with your family, and another if they’re walking down the street and you say hello.

Also, he seems to be fine with someone asking for an autograph. But a picture is somehow this grotesque ask.
There's some guy on sm who approaches random people to ask how they make their money. He did it with Flea and it was a pretty violent reaction. :lol:

Essence_Smith

#1033 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:28 pm

SR wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am
Hokahey wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:44 am
SR wrote:

There's some guy on sm who approaches random people to ask how they make their money. He did it with Flea and it was a pretty violent reaction. :lol:
I have met a few UBER famous people & (Jay-Z, Michael Jordan, Tom Holland, etc) I don't do anything but shake their hand and tell them I appreciate their work if their an artist etc...the only person I ever asked for a pic was Vernon Reid and he was amazing...spoke with my son and I for 10 minutes asked my son when he would start playing guitar like his dad etc...Jordan is notoriously unfriendly, I SNUCK a pic of him lol...at the end of the day I think a lot depends on what kind of day someone's having and how they're ASKED for the photo of autograph...fairness being completely out of the window, public figures don't OWE us anything but typically understand they've traded away their privacy for their station & should accept this trade off...but, people ARE RUDE as hell & like one celeb I met told me, he didn't mind taking the pics and was flattered on some level but said the apprehension on his part was because he thought he looked bad in a lot of fan pics and was self conscious :lol: