RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
Xizen47
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: RHCP

#781 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 am

Scored tickets to see them next Thursday for the bandtogether north bay fire relief show :rockon:

Hard to believe it's been 17 years since I've seen them :oldtimer: There was a time I thought I'd be at every Chili Peppers show that came around,, then By the Way happened

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#782 Post by SR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 am

:rockon: I hope you enjoy. They get a ton of grief around here....I have seen them with JK and have thoughts though I have not seen this tour. I know they have been burdened with more age and some personal issues with AK but they are SO dedicated. Setlists seem thin to me, but I hope it's great...at their worst, I can't imagine anything but straight power and authenticity. I hope they kill and the magik is there, for real. Absolutely love these fuckers.....including BTW and especially SA....JF's guitar's second masterpiece :agree:

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#783 Post by Matz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

what's his first? Californication? :hehe:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#784 Post by SR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

That was "party all the time"

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#785 Post by Matz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm

sorry, couldn't help myself. It just seems like to me that you love Frusciante 2.0 more than 1.0 and, if I'm right, I have a hard time understanding that.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#786 Post by SR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:18 pm

I don't, but there is so much value in 2.0 that isn't recognized :nod:

User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: RHCP

#787 Post by Mescal » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 pm

SR wrote:I don't, but there is so much value in 2.0 that isn't recognized :nod:
Everybody recognizes that he's a an excellent guitar player.

Froosh 2.0 is a total snoozefest though

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#788 Post by SR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Strip my Mind and Torture Me alone defy that comment alone defy that comment alone for me, but ok.....even if you stopped at Snow.....,but again....ok.... :lol: I can get if you're not into the acid jazz/ Hendrix shit of Dani, but even that's fun in a tribute sort of way, bu the others, especicilayy SMM and TM....pure JF.....v2.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#789 Post by SR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Xizen47 wrote:Scored tickets to see them next Thursday for the bandtogether north bay fire relief show :rockon:

Hard to believe it's been 17 years since I've seen them :oldtimer: There was a time I thought I'd be at every Chili Peppers show that came around,, then By the Way happened
did you end up going? Impressions?

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Location: UK/Italy

Re: RHCP

#790 Post by dannyboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:51 am

SR wrote:Strip my Mind and Torture Me alone defy that comment alone defy that comment alone for me, but ok.....even if you stopped at Snow.....,but again....ok.... :lol: I can get if you're not into the acid jazz/ Hendrix shit of Dani, but even that's fun in a tribute sort of way, bu the others, especicilayy SMM and TM....pure JF.....v2.
I love strip my mind and the fragility of johns playing on californication. They played a fan club show in Camden (London) a few days before the album came out and john was on fire.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#791 Post by SR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:15 am

:cool: Slane Castle and Hyde Park are some fucking insane gems of his live playing in the Froosh 2.0 generation as well..... :nod:

Juana
Posts: 4974
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: RHCP

#792 Post by Juana » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:38 pm

SR wrote::cool: Slane Castle and Hyde Park are some fucking insane gems of his live playing in the Froosh 2.0 generation as well..... :nod:
People just wanted him to play like on MM and BSSM but to me he evolved on the Fru 2.0 stuff its not like he couldn't play like that anymore he likely got bored with it. When they played the stuff from MM and BSSM when I saw them in the Fru 2.0 tours he still ripped.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#793 Post by Matz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Juana wrote:
SR wrote::cool: Slane Castle and Hyde Park are some fucking insane gems of his live playing in the Froosh 2.0 generation as well..... :nod:
People just wanted him to play like on MM and BSSM but to me he evolved on the Fru 2.0 stuff its not like he couldn't play like that anymore .
yes it is. Ask him to play the solo to Stone Cold Bush and it'd be over. He was on a whole other level technically and creatively back in the day. Well, if he was creatively is a matter of opinion but technically he never got no where near 91 when he came back

Juana
Posts: 4974
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: RHCP

#794 Post by Juana » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Matz wrote:
Juana wrote:
SR wrote::cool: Slane Castle and Hyde Park are some fucking insane gems of his live playing in the Froosh 2.0 generation as well..... :nod:
People just wanted him to play like on MM and BSSM but to me he evolved on the Fru 2.0 stuff its not like he couldn't play like that anymore .
yes it is. Ask him to play the solo to Stone Cold Bush and it'd be over. He was on a whole other level technically and creatively back in the day. Well, if he was creatively is a matter of opinion but technically he never got no where near 91 when he came back
We'll have to agree to disagree if he wanted to get that technical again I have no doubt he could as he had some blistering solos on those solo records he put out. Most players do not lose their chops unless they want to, its muscle memory, it might take a couple tries like trying to learn to ride a bike getting back at it. When I saw Ataxia live, there were times Fru went the fuck off. He just didn't want to shred anymore in the Peppers.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#795 Post by Matz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 am

they're playing at the Pyramids tonight if anyone's interested: https://redhotchilipeppers.com/blog/new ... from-egypt

User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: RHCP

#796 Post by Mescal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am

Anyone in Egypt?

Was discussing RHCP few days ago. They turned into such a boring band. When was the last time Flea had an amazing bass line? By the way? Isn't he extremely bored playing live nowadays? He used to be such an inspiring and influential bass player? What's left of that?

User avatar
nausearockpig
Posts: 3746
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: RHCP

#797 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 am

Maybe he’s just old and rich now, and can’t be fucked anymore ?

Or maybe because they’re not hungry musicians anymore the drive is gone?

User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: RHCP

#798 Post by Mescal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Well Yeah, he's old and rich. He can stop now.

He's turning into the Eric Clapton of the bass guitar.

God and influential when he was young. Playing crappy lounge music for the rest if his later life....

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#799 Post by Matz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm

they should have quit when John left. Give it away is not meant to be played by 55 year olds

User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 7112
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: RHCP

#800 Post by Larry B. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:35 am

I gave their show in the Pyramids a go, and it was a bore. Dreadful, lame... I don’t know who their target audience is anymore.

Post Reply