Boardwalk Empire (HBO) *SPOILERS*

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
wally

Re: Boardwalk Empire (HBO) *SPOILERS*

#26 Post by wally » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

I'm pretty sure Nucky told Jimmy those same words earlier in the series, and it was Jimmy's way of justifying it to himself, i.e. "I'm not sure I did the right thing, but i had to do something, so fuck it."

Margret is a cheating ho, but so is Nucky, I doubt he'll do shit other than get mad.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#27 Post by Hokahey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

wally wrote:but so is Nucky

When has he done anything more than hang out at stripper parties?

Jasper

#28 Post by Jasper » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 pm

hokahey wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I've never seen Nucky bang another broad since he's been with Margaret. Hopefully that changes and he gets rid of her, because she seemed cool at first, but now she seems like a complete asshole. I wouldn't put it past her to try to cause trouble for Nucky if he dumped her either. Then there's Jimmy - what a little prick he's turned into. :no:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#29 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:20 pm

The wrath of Nucky is going to be glorious.

Jasper

#30 Post by Jasper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:07 pm

hokahey wrote:The wrath of Nucky is going to be glorious.
I imagine that things are going to get bloody even bloodier as the season progresses. :nod:

Although we do know that Luciano and Capone are safe...

creep
Site Admin

#31 Post by creep » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Jasper wrote: Although we do know that Luciano and Capone are safe...
yeah...that's is why i didn't like having real life characters in this.

Jasper

#32 Post by Jasper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:02 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote: Although we do know that Luciano and Capone are safe...
yeah...that's is why i didn't like having real life characters in this.
Eh, I think it gives the story depth. I like all of the historical stuff. At least they changed Nucky's last name so that they could take liberties with his storyline, thus keeping it suspenseful and letting the writers be creative.

Sue

#33 Post by Sue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Jasper wrote:
I imagine that things are going to get bloody even bloodier as the season progresses. :nod:

Although we do know that Luciano and Capone are safe...
Bloody...that butcher with the meat cleaver, we rewound the Tivo a few times! funny. And I totally called the polio :cona:

Jasper

#34 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm

I imagine that 99% of the viewership called the polio. :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#35 Post by creep » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 pm

hopefully nucky's girlfriend...whatever her name is gets polio too and dies. i'm not a big fan of her character.

so...was last weeks episode the worst of the year so far? i know these episodes just set up the big finale but not much happened. nucky needs to get out of ireland because i have a hard time understanding what they say. i'm not good with accents.

kv

#36 Post by kv » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Jasper wrote:I imagine that 99% of the viewership called the polio. :noclue:
doubt 99% even know what polio is

Jasper

#37 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 pm

kv wrote:
Fair enough. I guess with a show like this, I kind of expect the viewers to be a little bit brighter, and have some basic, minimal understanding of history. Otherwise I feel like they'd be bored and confused and wouldn't watch the show. Then again, seemingly-normal people will often surprise me with how ignorant they are regarding one thing or the other. I guess you'll always have the people who watch in total confusion, just because a show has good looking people and lots of murders.

Hype

#38 Post by Hype » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Jasper wrote:
kv wrote:
Fair enough. I guess with a show like this, I kind of expect the viewers to be a little bit brighter, and have some basic, minimal understanding of history. Otherwise I feel like they'd be bored and confused and wouldn't watch the show. Then again, seemingly-normal people will often surprise me with how ignorant they are regarding one thing or the other. I guess you'll always have the people who watch in total confusion, just because a show has good looking people and lots of murders.
Is polio that thing with the horses and the American Eagle shirts?

kv

#39 Post by kv » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 pm

:neutral:

Sue

#40 Post by Sue » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

creep wrote:hopefully nucky's girlfriend...whatever her name is gets polio too and dies. i'm not a big fan of her character.

so...was last weeks episode the worst of the year so far? i know these episodes just set up the big finale but not much happened. nucky needs to get out of ireland because i have a hard time understanding what they say. i'm not good with accents.
I had to rewind the tivo a few times to get what they were saying too. Only a few episodes left, they better get stepping with wrapping up some of these storylines. They keep dropping them, like Angie and that lesbian kiss at the hippie party, Richard and his weird family pictures in the book, that politician that got killed by Eli (or did I miss something on that?), and the whole illegitimate baby thing with Agent Van Alden--his wife just took off and that's the last we see of her? I was hoping they would turn it into a good story of him killing Lucy and giving his wife the baby or something.

This wiki article is pretty interesting, many characters besides the famous Mafioso are based on real people http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bo ... Characters

Jasper

#41 Post by Jasper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

My thoughts on that stuff:

We already know Angie is bi, but more into women, so this hookup wasn't surprising. It illustrated her reaction to the discovery of an even darker part of James, and presumably the affair continues. It was in the episode from before last, so I don't feel the story was dropped. I imagine we'll see a little bit more of this pair before the end of the season.

Richard's family pictures represent his idealized vision of the family life he feels he was robbed of by his war injury. He's tried suicide because of this, and the story has actively continued with Jimmy telling Richard that he'd find Richard a nice girl to settle down with and have a family. In the next episode this continued, with Richard asking Jimmy why he was making fun of him if they're friends. By "making fun," Richard is referring to Jimmy's comments about Richard meeting a nice girl and having a family. Later in the episode, Jimmy and Richard meet two girls at a movie theatre, and one of the girls consents to hook up with Richard.

Eli did a pretty good job of disposing of George, or so it seems. It's not like he's any stranger to crime and murder. I don't think George was an especially big character. Maybe we'll hear more of it when the feds get deeper into the investigation. Eli did get his bumbling subordinate to help him with the body, and said subordinate was just interviewed once by the feds, and showed that he's not too bright and can't keep his composure.

Van Alden won't have to kill Lucy. When the neighbor reported that Lucy had asked her to watch the baby while she went for formula, we were meant to understand that Lucy had fled Van Alden and abandoned the child. Van Alden's story is an active plotline, and it will clearly be continued in the upcoming episode.

creep
Site Admin

#42 Post by creep » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 pm

:yikes: some cold blooded shit went down tonight. i won't ruin it for you guys yet since i'm sure everyone hasn't watched yet.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#43 Post by Hokahey » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm

:nod:

Jasper

#44 Post by Jasper » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 am

I kept telling myself that was about to happen, but I couldn't really get myself mentally prepared for it.

creep
Site Admin

#45 Post by creep » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:24 am

does it ever work out well for the guy that murdered someones wife? probably not the best move for him.

kv

#46 Post by kv » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

ya when they were getting along you knew she wouldn't be around for the rest of the episode

creep
Site Admin

#47 Post by creep » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

kv wrote:ya when they were getting along you knew she wouldn't be around for the rest of the episode
exactly. kind of easy to see that coming. the next couple of episodes should be great.

wally

#48 Post by wally » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:22 am

hokahey wrote:

Nucky was still with Lucy when he and Margaret started hooking up, and he fucked Lucy again after having fucked Margaret. I believe it was in the 6th episode of the 1st season.

wally

#49 Post by wally » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 am

predictions:
jimmy gets hooked on the dope after finding his wife dead.
richard goes apeshit at the death of Jimmy's wife, either on the dude who killed her or on Jimmy for letting it happen.

creep
Site Admin

#50 Post by creep » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 am

speaking of richard....i have a horrible memory but has richard ever been with nucky?

according to the wiki page
Jack Huston as Richard Harrow – a former Army marksman who allies with Jimmy and later Nucky. Heavily scarred in the war, he wears a tin mask over half his missing face.