Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#751 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:06 pm

What spoilers? I only commented on what I've seen and what I wish to happen :noclue:
If you mean Winterfell, it's kinda obvious, isn't it?

Jasper

#752 Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Lame. :no:

I'd been thinking that the last season, at least, should be a bit longer, say 12 episodes or something, or each of the final two episodes could be twice as long. It appears that in reality we're getting screwed out of six episodes.
In mid April, Variety reported that Game of Thrones' executive producers were considering ending the show earlier than expected, with only 13 more episodes in the final two seasons.

"I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We're heading into the final lap," David Benioff told Variety at the time. "That's the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that's what we're looking at."

At the time, this seemed preposterous. Before Season Six kicked off, this show was nowhere near it's end. We still hadn't even seen Bran in two seasons. Jon Snow was maybe/probably not dead. There wasn't an ending in sight. Throughout the first six episodes of Season Six, free from the constraints of the books, showrunners have been strategically (and quickly, much to most fans' delight) guiding this show to a conclusion. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Jack Bender, who did a brilliant job directing the last two (and best two!) episodes of the season, just confirmed the show is shortening its typical 10 episode seasons to seven. When asked if he'd be returning next season, Bender told Vanity Fair:

I don't know the answer to that. They're only doing seven [episodes], and they've got their regulars who have done it forever. I know that I had a wonderful experience doing the show and I know that Dan and David are thrilled with the shows, but I've got this series I'm mounting for the beginning of 2017 based on Stephen King's trilogy of books, starting with Mr. Mercedes. Brendan Gleeson is playing the lead, which I'm thrilled about, Anton Yelchin, and I'm in the process of mounting that. I haven't been asked yet and I also don't know what their schedule is going to be. But under the best of circumstances, schedule and everything, I had a great experience doing the show. If available and they wanted me to, I would love to do that.
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv ... -episodes/

:mad:

Mescal

#753 Post by Mescal » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:47 pm

So sunday is the last episode?

nausearockpig

#754 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 pm

nah subsequent seasons will be shorter then current and prior series.

sucks dogs diaks tho

Jasper

#755 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:03 am

What if Arya dies and the Waif takes her face and becomes Arya Stark, and goes back to Westeros and they live happily ever after, except for one night at Winterfell, the Waif kills everyone in their sleep?

I don't think the ending is going to be weird enough. I want the ending to be totally fucked up.

Mescal

#756 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 am

What, Arya dies?

Goddamn, no spoilers in the thread please ....

nausearockpig

#757 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:07 am

Mescal wrote:What, Arya dies?

I woulda thought she was gonna stab bitchface, not the other way round.

Mescal

#758 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:11 am

Jasper

#759 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:27 pm

It's not a spoiler. I said "What if?", and I was talking about her getting stabbed multiple times in the gut in the episode that already aired. I don't even watch ads or previews. I have no idea whether or not she'll die, but it sure would be interesting if the Waif became Arya. There's also the possibility that Arya is nursed back to health by the actress she saved. Who knows?

erotic cheeses

#760 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:17 pm

I don't get how area was in a darkened room (levelling the playing field) with the waif at the end of the last episode but nothing happened?

Also would anyone here appreciate a love joy comment?

nausearockpig

#761 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm

erotic cheeses wrote:I don't get how area was in a darkened room (levelling the playing field) with the waif at the end of the last episode but nothing happened?
yeah what the fuck happened there?

perkana

#762 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Jasper wrote:

It's not a spoiler. I said "What if?", and I was talking about her getting stabbed multiple times in the gut in the episode that already aired. I don't even watch ads or previews. I have no idea whether or not she'll die, but it sure would be interesting if the Waif became Arya. There's also the possibility that Arya is nursed back to health by the actress she saved. Who knows?
Good luck with Mescal :lol:
I didn't like this episode. Maybe it's because I fell asleep. The only thing that excited me was seeing The Hound alive.

creep
Site Admin

#763 Post by creep » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:43 pm

ian mcshane didn't last too long on the show.

perkana

#764 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
erotic cheeses wrote:I don't get how area was in a darkened room (levelling the playing field) with the waif at the end of the last episode but nothing happened?
That waif is a cunt :noclue:
I just can't believe the waif is the same person that plays the cool lesbian in the movie Pride.

nausearockpig

#765 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 pm

perkana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
That waif is a cunt :noclue:
She sure as shit is.. one second Arya was in a dark room with needle -seemingly waiting the next she's out and about.. I guess I too, read too much into that scene. i thought she was waiting in the dark for Cunty to come to try to kill her but being in the dark, Arya would smash her stupid face in.. Guess not.....

Mescal

#766 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Jasper wrote:

I hadn't watched the episode yet.

I have now.

nausearockpig

#767 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Mescal wrote:
Jasper wrote:

I hadn't watched the episode yet.

I have now.
which is why i never visit this topic until watching the latest episode.

Mescal

#768 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Yeah, but it's just stronger than myself.

Don't think Area will die and be taken by the Waif. If that would have been the case, that would have already happened. And she must have saved that actress for a reason, no, .... the only one who will help her now

nausearockpig

#769 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Mescal wrote:Yeah, but it's just stronger than myself.

Don't think Area will die and be taken by the Waif. If that would have been the case, that would have already happened. And she must have saved that actress for a reason, no, .... the only one who will help her now
Yup, I'm tipping "actress to the rescue"...

MYXYLPLYX

#770 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 am

There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

:noclue:

Mescal

#771 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 am

I think the fight for riverrun is gonna be pivotal in the series.

Snow is gonna team up with blackfish and will win from the Lannisters. The win will get more northeners by their side, which will help snow get back winterfell.

Mescal

#772 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

seems plausible

Jasper

#773 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:07 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:There's a fan theory I read that it wasn't Arya that was stabbed, but actually the faceless man, as he still owed her his life...

He could just kill himself if he wanted to die for her, or he could just kill the Waif if the God of Death needed a body. What would be the point of pretending to be Arya? I haven't seen a man shrink in size the way he'd need to in order to look like Arya. Although the faceless "men" become "no one", they appear to retain their chromosome-determined sex. A Man is always a man. The Waif became an old woman of roughly the same physical stature.

I heard a theory suggesting that Arya might have set herself up to be attacked, knowing how the Waif would do it, using pig's blood packed under her clothes so that after leaving a trail of blood she could stage a surprise attack in the dark, where she knows how to fight (from her spell of blindness). It sounds pretty stupid, but on the other hand, she was shown being very careful, hiding out, and then we see her strolling around in the open without a care in the world. She's just hanging out on a bridge enjoying the view when she gets shanked.

JOEinPHX

#774 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:29 pm

I think Arya got stabbed. And I think she's going to need some help. And I think The Hound is going to be the one that does it.

Jasper

#775 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I think Arya got stabbed. And I think she's going to need some help. And I think The Hound is going to be the one that does it.
Does what? :hs: They're on different continents. :noclue: