Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#781 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Poor Rickon was treated like a nonentity. I think his two(?) appearances this season were both mute, save for some death moans. He got quite tall, and I'm guessing his voice changed, so maybe that's why they limited his appearances and didn't let him say anything. In any case, he's been absent for so long that they should have worked in some scenes with the poor kid during the season, like him being tormented by Ramsay and so on. The audience needed to feel as if they knew him a bit better so that they'd be more invested in his welfare and his death would be more than a plot device.

Dany always looks silly riding a dragon, but at least the effect was somewhat better than the first time she did it.

The best scene was Davos finding the remains of the pyre.

perkana

#782 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

crater wrote:
crater wrote:As far as the big battle episodes go, there has been better in previous seasons in my opinion
I've changed my opinion after watching it again. This episode was the best battle episode they have ever done. Only I knew that the Knights Of Vale would show up at the last moment to make the save, so that was somewhat of a letdown because of how predictable it was for me.

Still though. Awesome episode. A+. Best episode in what has been the best season in my opinion.
I think that in almost every season the episode before the last has been the best. My favorite scene (besides Ramsay getting eaten by his hounds) was when Jon gets all panicky while being buried by others. I disagree Jasper about Rickon. I was very touched by the Starks. And Davos has always been my favorite but after this season he is up there with Tyrion.

Mescal

#783 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm

crater wrote:
crater wrote:As far as the big battle episodes go, there has been better in previous seasons in my opinion
I've changed my opinion after watching it again. This episode was the best battle episode they have ever done. Only I knew that the Knights Of Vale would show up at the last moment to make the save, so that was somewhat of a letdown because of how predictable it was for me.

Still though. Awesome episode. A+. Best episode in what has been the best season in my opinion.
I agree!

Good to see Ramsy get what he deserved.

Too bad he's dead though

perkana

#784 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Yeah, there are no real assholes left. He brought life to the show :noclue:

crater

#785 Post by crater » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm

There is one thing about the episode that's bugging me though.

It's when Jon has his little get together with Ramsay before the battle. Sansa tells Ramsay that he will die tomorrow and then she rides off. After she is gone Ramsay tells Jon and the others with him that he hasn't fed his hounds for 7 days and he wonders if they will chew their eyes or balls first. Ok. Move forward to the end of the episode. Ramsey is tied to the chair and his hounds start moving around. He tells Sansa that they would never harm him, but then she says that he "hasn't fed them for 7 days, you said so yourself." When Ramsay said that, she wasn't there to hear it. Unless Jon brought up to her for some reason later on and we didn't see it :noclue:

Not a big deal obviously, but I watch each of the episodes no fewer than 5 times on average and it was something I noticed after the second time I watched this episode.

Mescal

#786 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:27 pm

crater wrote:There is one thing about the episode that's bugging me though.

It's when Jon has his little get together with Ramsay before the battle. Sansa tells Ramsay that he will die tomorrow and then she rides off. After she is gone Ramsay tells Jon and the others with him that he hasn't fed his hounds for 7 days and he wonders if they will chew their eyes or balls first. Ok. Move forward to the end of the episode. Ramsey is tied to the chair and his hounds start moving around. He tells Sansa that they would never harm him, but then she says that he "hasn't fed them for 7 days, you said so yourself." When Ramsay said that, she wasn't there to hear it. Unless Jon brought up to her for some reason later on and we didn't see it :noclue:

Not a big deal obviously, but I watch each of the episodes no fewer than 5 times on average and it was something I noticed after the second time I watched this episode.
Good point.

Maybe you're looking into this too much and it's just a movie mistake.

Then again, the series is well thought out

blackula

#787 Post by blackula » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am

I loved the episode. Even knowing that the Vale was going to help it was still "edge of your seat" epic.

Only question, why wouldn't Ramsay shoot an arrow at Jon Snow instead of dealing the death blow through Wun Wun's eye? Jon was trying to make eye contact and have a little bro moment and never would've seen it coming. Ramsay was surrounded and fought Jon Snow anyway 20 seconds later.

Jasper

#788 Post by Jasper » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:54 pm

It's not worth analyzing the little things that are possibly mistakes. The show is too big and silly for that. You could be stuck back asking why the hell Arya didn't have Jaqen H'ghar kill key people like Joffrey and Tywin Lannister. Best not think about it too much.

Anyway, I don't know what what Margaery's planning, but since it's said that Tommen is going to die no matter what, and since Margaery seems to be pulling off some kind of truly monumental scheme, I think Tommen may end up as collateral damage. She may even kill him on purpose. After all, when she was first locked up he cried in his room like a little bitch instead of freeing her. When they were first reunited he was very nervous, and seemed surprised when she displayed no anger whatsoever. You have to imagine that she was actually quite angry indeed. She's not sleeping with him either, which she lies about, saying it's due to her newfound religious devotion. This could be an indicator that she doesn't want the little coward touching her, and doesn't want to be stuck carrying his heir. If Tommen dies and Margaery marries someone else, it further removes power from Cersei (the one who caused all of this), and the Lannisters in general. Sweet revenge.

Mescal

#789 Post by Mescal » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Cersei’s gonna burn down Kings Landing with all the wildfire the Mad King hid down there

Jasper

#790 Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Mescal wrote:Cersei’s gonna burn down Kings Landing with all the wildfire the Mad King hid down there
Obviously she wants to at least engage in some major arson, whether it's the whole of King's Landing or not. That said, just because she wants to do it doesn't mean she'll pull it off. Her plans have backfired before. We don't know the nature of Margaery's plots and schemes, and it's possible she'll do something before Cersei. Hard to say.

I always thought that all of that wildfire would be used when White Walkers invaded King's Landing, but perhaps that won't be the case.

I just hope a lot of things happen in the final episode of the season, rather than it being a relatively low-key setup of next season.

crater

#791 Post by crater » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 pm

A lot of people were lost this season. I'm already counting down the months until the next starts.

Little Lady Mormont is an awesome actress. How do they keep finding these kids that are so good?

It was nice to learn who Jon's mother was finally. Loved seeing Arya personally checking a name off her list.

Great finale, to the best season.

crater

#792 Post by crater » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:22 pm

crater wrote: Loved seeing Arya personally checking a name off her list.
I just remembered that we already saw that when she killed Meryn Trant

perkana

#793 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:23 pm

---
Last edited by perkana on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#794 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 pm

crater wrote:A lot of people were lost this season. I'm already counting down the months until the next starts.

Little Lady Mormont is an awesome actress. How do they keep finding these kids that are so good?

It was nice to learn who Jon's mother was finally. Loved seeing Arya personally checking a name off her list.

Great finale, to the best season.
I agree with everything you said. Finale was simple and elegant. Sansa was great this season. And it was great to confirm the L+R=J theory. Is it two seasons left or just one?
Only thing I regret, so long Daario :nyrexall:
Last edited by perkana on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crater

#795 Post by crater » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:33 pm

perkana wrote:Is it two seasons left or just one?
Uh, I can go for at least 7 more :nod:

I actually have no idea.

creep
Site Admin

#796 Post by creep » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:16 pm

good finale

i agree that this was the best season. i also think it was the best season for veep and silicon valley. now the long wait. :bored:

perkana

#797 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Loving the Jon Snow wikipedia update...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Snow_(character)

perkana

#798 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:40 pm

crater wrote:
perkana wrote:Is it two seasons left or just one?
Uh, I can go for at least 7 more :nod:

I actually have no idea.
Two seasons left :nyrexall:

Jasper

#799 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 pm

I don't think that many named characters have bit it in the blink of an eye at any other point in the show. Pycelle dies, almost immediately followed by Lancel, Margaery, Mace Tyrell (her father), Loras, the High Sparrow, and probably some others I'm forgetting. Did Kevan Lannister get blown up as well?

Then just moments later Tommen takes a tumble (and only the manner of his death was a surprise). Then later came the offing of Walder Frey.

The one I felt bad about was Margaery. I wanted to see what she was up to. What's more, she was the only one with the sense to try to get out of there.

Finally they show what everybody already knew about Jon Snow's parents, and naturally it was anticlimactic.

Sounds like this was the last of the ten-episode seasons, with the last two being seven episodes, which doesn't even add up to a season and a half, unless they're all really long.

perkana

#800 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:21 am

Jasper wrote: The one I felt bad about was Margaery. I wanted to see what she was up to. What's more, she was the only one with the sense to try to get out of there.
I think all of Cersei's enemies were killed in the blow out. I don't remember seeing Kevan at the coronation. I don't think Margaery had any other plan, other than save Loras :noclue:

crater

#801 Post by crater » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Jasper wrote: Finally they show what everybody already knew about Jon Snow's parents, and naturally it was anticlimactic.
Not everybody knew. I certainly didn't. As obsessed with the show as a I am, I avoided all talk, websites etc., when it came to the show. If you read the books, I didn't want to hear about it. If you had any guesses as to who his parents were or what was about to happen to this or that character, I wanted you to keep it to yourself. I wanted to learn everything on my own. So to me, that Jon Snow baby face transitioning to the current Jon Snow face was perfect.

perkana

#802 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:24 pm

I knew about this theory but I'm with crater, that transition was perfect. I was looking forward to the confirmation of his parents. Only because of this, I forgive the writers of the show. That flashback took way too long to end.

erotic cheeses

#803 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Mescal wrote:Cersei’s gonna burn down Kings Landing with all the wildfire the Mad King hid down there
Bing!
Insider info?

perkana

#804 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Jasper wrote: Did Kevan Lannister get blown up as well?
Yup

Artemis

#805 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:57 am

This is me. I have watched most of the first two seasons though...so maybe not quite as bad as the girl in the vid. :lol: