Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#921 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm

crater wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:28 pm
Oh my god :yikes:

I :heart: Arya
She is the fucking BEST.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I could watch an entire spinoff featuring just her and The Hound walking around bantering.

creep
Site Admin

#922 Post by creep » Thu May 02, 2019 5:45 am

crater wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm
creep wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:36 pm
it was too dark first of all
How did you watch the episode? I have read that people who watched it by using a streaming service somehow had a darker stream due to how many were streaming the episode at the same time. Or something like that.

I watched it in a somewhat darkened room and other than not being able to really follow along when Dany and Jon/Aegon first flew their dragons into the snowstorm, I had no issues with any sort of darkness at any point during the episode. But after reading your post I started reading a lot tweets and posts on another board I visit that people were having the same problem with darkness.
yeah i streamed it. oh well.....i already read all the details i didn't catch. on to the next episode

perkana

#923 Post by perkana » Mon May 06, 2019 5:43 pm

I never thought I would say this, but I don't like Dany. I know she has to be strong and ambitious, but she's not old Dany. Any way, I think Cersei is going to bite the dust soon, or Jon, or Jamie, or Tyrion, or the Mountain, or the Hound...

creep
Site Admin

#924 Post by creep » Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 pm

perkana wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:43 pm
I never thought I would say this, but I don't like Dany. I know she has to be strong and ambitious, but she's not old Dany. Any way, I think Cersei is going to bite the dust soon, or Jon, or Jamie, or Tyrion, or the Mountain, or the Hound...
I think the series is too soft since it went away from the books. too many sentimental moments and people falling in love and shit. also no one really important has died yet.

i think it's obvious that jon will be king and dany will die somehow. possibly by suicide???

i think jamie will kill cersei.

we shall see. i hope they surprise me.

crater

#925 Post by crater » Mon May 06, 2019 5:55 pm

I never thought I'd say this, but there were things about the recent episode that I absolutely hated and I never thought I'd hate anything about the show ever, but these three things bugged the hell out me. I might even have more once I watch the episode again, but these are what stand out the most right now.

1. Tormund giving up so easily on Brienne after she walked away? After expressing himself over and over and over again about how much he wanted her he just gives up just like that? Didn't like it at all.

2. When Sansa and Arya are about to learn who Jon really is .... the show immediately cuts away from their reactions? I hated that.

3. No goodbye to Ghost? Just a look and that's it? No words, no goodbye pat on the head, no good dog? Lame!

JOEinPHX

#926 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 06, 2019 5:55 pm

perkana wrote:
It's easier to be ambitious about war before you see what the cost is.

JOEinPHX

#927 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 06, 2019 5:57 pm

crater wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:55 pm
I never thought I'd say this, but there were things about the recent episode that I absolutely hated and I never thought I'd hate anything about the show ever, but these three things bugged the hell out me. I might even have more once I watch the episode again, but these are what stand out the most right now.

1. Tormund giving up so easily on Brienne after she walked away? After expressing himself over and over and over again about how much he wanted her he just gives up just like that? Didn't like it at all.
Yes. That was soooo weird. That was the definition of "write someone off by just having them ride off into the sunset"
2. When Sansa and Arya are about to learn who Jon really is .... the show immediately cuts away from their reactions? I hated that.
I hope the reaction is something we flash back to. Maybe they schemed with Jon somehow. Maybe they hatched a plan. Maybe once the plan comes to fruition, we will get to see the genesis of it.
3. No goodbye to Ghost? Just a look and that's it? No words, no goodbye pat on the head, no good dog? Lame!
No shit.

The damn thing whined too. You just gonna leave your whining dog like that? Jon Snow is a monster.

chaos

#928 Post by chaos » Tue May 07, 2019 9:12 am

crater wrote:
No goodbye to Ghost? Just a look and that's it? No words, no goodbye pat on the head, no good dog? Lame!
Yeah, and I didn't understand why he gave the dog to Tormund instead of to Sansa and Arya. :confused:

creep wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 pm

i think jamie will kill cersei.
I've read some speculations that Cersi will die right after giving birth to a dwarf.

SR

#929 Post by SR » Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am

This season seems rushed...the author of the books missed deadlines (by his own admission leaving Weiss and the other guy to conceive of the last season solo.

After seeing the internet responses to this season, it is clear I don't follow as closely as the masses. But...what really confused me was when Tyrion approach his sister and begged for surrender, citing her love of her imminent child. The Greyjoy cunt was right there....he must have thought wtf....no one knows....how does the little man know

chaos

#930 Post by chaos » Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 am

SR wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am
This season seems rushed...the author of the books missed deadlines (by his own admission leaving Weiss and the other guy to conceive of the last season solo.

After seeing the internet responses to this season, it is clear I don't follow as closely as the masses. But...what really confused me was when Tyrion approach his sister and begged for surrender, citing her love of her imminent child. The Greyjoy cunt was right there....he must have thought wtf....no one knows....how does the little man know
I thought the same thing but then assumed that word got out since I don't think it is a secret.

You do realize that Jamie is the father and Jaime told Tyrion? (Cersi lied to Greyjoy.)

Btw - I think this season is a mess.

Mescal

#931 Post by Mescal » Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 am

I've read some speculations that Cersi will die right after giving birth to a dwarf.
[/quote]

:bigrin: :lolol:

That would be funny

SR

#932 Post by SR » Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am

chaos wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 am
SR wrote:

I thought the same thing but then assumed that word got out since I don't think it is a secret.

You do realize that Jamie is the father and Jaime told Tyrion? (Cersi lied to Greyjoy.)

Btw - I think this season is a mess.
I do realize Jaime told Tyrion. That's where the game of telephone ended as far as I know. That's why when Greyjoy witnessed Tyrion's plea to Cersi based on her unborn child, I thought he might react. as far as he knows, he is the father and only he and Cersi are in the loop. Who knows, it might be revisited later. We didn't draw the same conclusion; I thought it wasn't out there as fodder.

Out of curiosity, why did you bold one of my sentences? :noclue: :lol:

chaos

#933 Post by chaos » Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 am

^When you said you weren't following as closely as some, I wasn't sure whether you were already aware about who fathered the baby. Just trying to keep you in the loop. :lol: :wave:

SR

#934 Post by SR » Tue May 07, 2019 10:15 am

:lol: Ahhh….I see. I don't follow so good. :scared: :bday:

crater

#935 Post by crater » Sun May 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Well ... that happened.

I'm not so sure I much enjoyed that episode.

Maybe I'll like it more depending on what happens with the final episode, but as of right now I'm kind of :noclue:

chaos

#936 Post by chaos » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

I am traumatized . . .

creep
Site Admin

#937 Post by creep » Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 pm

i have so many problems with that episode.

JOEinPHX

#938 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I wanted to vomit every time the dragon torched another section of city.

In a good and bad way.

It was exciting, but fucked up.

I am loving this season though. Everyone thinks everything is happening so fast, but... it's the last season. We already got 7 seasons of people walking around and talking about what they were going to do. Now they are doing it. That's it. All the planning is finally coming to fruition.

If this was a movie, you're watching the last 20 minutes. Don't be so surprised that you're seeing stories wrap up, and don't be surprised that it's not the way you expected it to end. It's Game of Thrones. Nothing has ever ended the way we expect.

JOEinPHX

#939 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

SR wrote:
Partially incorrect.

The author was just outpaced by the show. The books are really long. They take time to write.

But he didn't just let the show writers conceive the last season. He has always known how he wanted the books to end.

He himself (the author) was concerned about his advancing age and whether he would even live long enough to finish the story, so he told the show writers how it ends back in like season 5 or 6.

The show writers are following the author's plans, even though they haven't been published yet.

crater

#940 Post by crater » Mon May 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Ok, after watching the episode for a second time I'm coming around on how I'm feeling about it.

It mostly has to do with the way Cersei and Jamie went out. After all the ways I wanted them to go (mostly Cersei) the way they went seemed like such a letdown. It is what it is though. The episode is only just ok with me now, where last night I was borderline hating it.

Mescal

#941 Post by Mescal » Tue May 14, 2019 5:12 am

I liked the episode!

So much going on. Surprising stuff, emotions....

I liked the desperation in Cersei. When she s standing in the tower, watching the dragon, realising there s no way out , being completely defeated

SR

#942 Post by SR » Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm
SR wrote:
Partially incorrect.

The author was just outpaced by the show. The books are really long. They take time to write.

But he didn't just let the show writers conceive the last season. He has always known how he wanted the books to end.

He himself (the author) was concerned about his advancing age and whether he would even live long enough to finish the story, so he told the show writers how it ends back in like season 5 or 6.

The show writers are following the author's plans, even though they haven't been published yet.
Hmm, not what I remember from an interview I saw. He said outright he'd missed more than ne deadline and the EP's/writers were left to do it. He outright said that the books were his baby and the series was theirs. :noclue:

So, I came across this....book 6 still isn't finished and book 7 hasn't been started. Nothing much on content
\
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/georg ... spartanntp

perkana

#943 Post by perkana » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
perkana wrote:
It's easier to be ambitious about war before you see what the cost is.
Emilia Clarke has been ace as Dany. Since the end of episode 4 and all episode 5, I totally get her. I think I would have done the same thing, like fuck it, I don't fucking like you people, no fucking mercy for you, no fucking love from me, just fear, like she told Jon.
I actually liked this episode.

perkana

#944 Post by perkana » Tue May 14, 2019 6:52 pm

crater wrote:

crater wrote:
Yeah, but I loved Sansa spilling the beans to Tyrion because everyone in the Seven Kindgdoms would know Jon's real name :lol:
crater wrote:
Yeah, I have to say that was a fucked up move on Jon's part, I would have totally pet and kissed Ghost.

For last episode, this was my favorite meme :hehe:

perkana

#945 Post by perkana » Tue May 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I am loving this season though. Everyone thinks everything is happening so fast, but... it's the last season. We already got 7 seasons of people walking around and talking about what they were going to do. Now they are doing it. That's it. All the planning is finally coming to fruition.

If this was a movie, you're watching the last 20 minutes. Don't be so surprised that you're seeing stories wrap up, and don't be surprised that it's not the way you expected it to end. It's Game of Thrones. Nothing has ever ended the way we expect.
And in every season the episode before the last has always been epic/fucked up. I was not disappointed at all.
I totally agree with you. It has been a long time coming