Trent Reznor and Karen O - The Immigrant Song

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Re: Trent Reznor and Karen O - The Immigrant Song

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:18 am

guysmiley wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:oh it's fine if you don't like it.

I just always think it's funny when people listen to something that sounds exactly like what it should sound like, and they are surprised.

I know a guy who was absolutely shocked Trent didn't use any heavy guitars on Survivalism and proclaimed his career to be over as a result. Apparently that dude has never heard Pretty Hate Machine. :lol:
:hs: Really, I heard guitars all over Survivalism? Where did you get that info? :confused:
i know there is guitar on it. I was quoting him. He was looking for something like Broken that was riff heavy when NIN has never even been "that band" to begin with.

JOEinPHX

#27 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 am

Pandemonium wrote: It really sounds like a lazy Reznor-by-the-numbers cover with the bullet mic/fuzz vox, electronic looped drums and Heresy-style guitar/synth.
yeah but when is the last time Reznor did a "reznor-by-the-numbers" song?

Not How To Destroy Angels

Not The Slip

Not Ghosts

Not Year Zero

With Teeth? 2005?

It's been 6 and a half years since Trent did something that sound like what people expect out of him.

I would say that's a pretty decent length of time to do other things before returning to a sound people are familiar with. Especially considering how much people on this board beg for Jane's to return to their familiar selves year after year.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#28 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Sounds like Broken era Trent. I love it. And nice to hear Karen singing on something with some teeth to it (pun sort of intended?) for the first time in years.

zendo

#29 Post by zendo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:01 am

Needs an insane blistering weird guitar mess solo noise section...fail....