Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater

#1 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 am

http://www.louisck.net

Released just now.

He put together a show all by himself to sell on his website. 5 bucks to stream or download.

I saw an outtake and even THAT was hilarious. I love this guy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to get drunk on wine and laugh my ass off...

jptm

Re: Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater

#2 Post by jptm » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 pm

got it today---great stuff.

He is the best standup comedian out there right now; period.

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:57 pm

jptm wrote:
He is the best standup comedian out there right now; period.
i agree

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:12 pm

It's surprising to me how he just doesn't seem to be falling off. He just comes out and kills for an hour straight. no setup and punchline, just funny thing after funny thing till he's done.

He's very conversational too. You can tell that while he knows where he's going with it, he hasn't practiced and practiced to get the wording right like a damn robot. He doesn't have bits like most comedians, he just has stupid shit he wants to talk about and happens to talk about them in ridiculously hilarious ways.

I am so happy he did this. I hope it was supported heavily and he made enough money to do it again. After the credits it said something about another one taped in New York (i think) coming soon. So hopefully the experiment went well and he is able to not only do it financially, but make money from it.

We just might have seen the new form in which comedy will be released to the masses. He's taking the NIN/Radiohead approach to distribution and he just may win some awards and get a lot more critical acclaim for this move. Fingers crossed.

Hype

#5 Post by Hype » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:http://www.louisck.net

Released just now.

He put together a show all by himself to sell on his website. 5 bucks to stream or download.

I saw an outtake and even THAT was hilarious. I love this guy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to get drunk on wine and laugh my ass off...
I do same. Thanks! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 am

he made a statement on his website 2 days ago.

Yesterday he said it had sold over 130,000 times.

He made his money back and a 200,000+ dollar profit so far (and hasn't even fully promoted it yet. Still doing the talk show circuit), and he's planning on doing this again.

Hype

#7 Post by Hype » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:15 am

Now if only musicians had figured this out sooner. The media industries are dead, but people will ALWAYS pay for a valuable product, and a direct-downloadable quality piece of entertainment at a negligible price arrived at by ignoring middlemen (like iTunes) is the way for established acts to continue to thrive.

New artists... this model probably won't work so well, but starting on Youtube first seems to have worked for many (including Russell Peters, whose bootleged and youtubed DVDs essentially restarted his career).

Tyler Durden

#8 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 am

I love comedians like George Carlin, Bill Hicks, David Cross, Patton Oswalt, Lewis Black, etc.

Louise C.K....I get him. :noclue: