True Blood (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: True Blood (HBO)

#26 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:47 pm

clickie wrote:hey perkana i like your new color..a/s/l ?
:lol:

creep
Site Admin

#27 Post by creep » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:53 pm

oh my god tara is a mean vampire and she attacks sookie at the end. i hope sookie survives. i'm so worried. :blah: Image

didn't we already have to deal with bad tara? she is the most annoying character ever.

Jasper

#28 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am

Who the fuck is dave?

Get outta my thread, bro, I don't know you. :flip:

:lolol:

:neutral:

Larry B.

#29 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:29 am

A couple of days ago I saw the 1st episode of the series' 5th season (or at least so I was told.) I'd never seen this shit before.

And shit it was.

I thought it was absolutely stupid. I spent most of the episode laughing. A werewolf that turns into an owl? Really? A gay vampire reverend? 'We fight like siblings... but we fuck like champions'? Who the fuck comes up with such lame-ass shit?

The only cool thing were all those rednecks being so redneck. Everything else was discouragingly poor. I mean... there isn't a pilot of a series that's better than THAT?

wally

#30 Post by wally » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 am

Larry B. wrote:
A werewolf that turns into an owl? Really?
no. not really. sam is a shape shifter, not a werewolf.
and it's fiction.
you were pretty much right on all other counts though.

Pandemonium

#31 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

Larry B. wrote:A couple of days ago I saw the 1st episode of the series' 5th season (or at least so I was told.) I'd never seen this shit before.

And shit it was.

I thought it was absolutely stupid. I spent most of the episode laughing. A werewolf that turns into an owl? Really? A gay vampire reverend? 'We fight like siblings... but we fuck like champions'? Who the fuck comes up with such lame-ass shit?

The only cool thing were all those rednecks being so redneck. Everything else was discouragingly poor. I mean... there isn't a pilot of a series that's better than THAT?
The first season was decent. But overall, the series is pretty much a cartoonish R rated soap opera that in it's worst moments (which increase exponentially with every passing season) will make you want to chuck the nearest solid, heavy object at your tv. Dumbass Jason usually winds up being the most comedic, entertaining character because of his penchant for letting his dick lead him into trouble almost every episode.

Jasper

#32 Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Yeah, Jason is very entertaining. As you suggested, the only reason people watch it is because of how amusing and novel the first season was. It's a comedy/horror/drama, so it's never meant to be taken all that seriously to begin with.

It keeps managing to entertain me just enough, while at the same time enraging me with its stupidity. I guess it's true escapist stuff - while you're being mildly entertained and titillated, and rolling your eyes at how many more ridiculous supernatural scenarios they can shoehorn into the story, you really aren't thinking about your own troubles. As cartoonish as their world is, they do flesh it out to the extent that it's fairly immersive. The original setting and mood are actually quite good - dark swampy Louisiana nights do have a great deal of spooky, mysterious charm - but the writing went so overboard so quickly that they stomped upon this world they'd created and the goofy fun largely devolved into plain goofiness. Still, that original charm does pop up from time to time, and in spite of ourselves I think we still have a little bit of fun. That's the only explanation for our continued patronage. Plus, Sunday is my TV night. :noclue:

In other news, my fucking spellchecker doesn't think immersive or cartoonish are words. :mad:

blackula

#33 Post by blackula » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 pm

My love for American Beauty and Six Feet Under kept me coming back to True Blood, even during the really ridiculous plotlines. Now that Alan Ball is apparantly not really doing True Blood anymore I'm not so inclined to let stupid shit go on and continue to come back and watch. Evil vampire Tara might just be the breaking point. And that vampire from 2 seasons ago still being alive? Fucking stupid.

chaos

#34 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I have never seen True Blood. It sounds as though Season 1 is the only season worth watching.

Pandemonium

#35 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:32 pm

chaos wrote:I have never seen True Blood. It sounds as though Season 1 is the only season worth watching.
It's the only season that doesn't have any real drop dead piss-off-the-viewer-with-wtf moments. The 2nd half of season 2 onwards was a real drop in quality.

Jasper

#36 Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

blackula wrote:And that vampire from 2 seasons ago still being alive? Fucking stupid.
Russell? He was never dead (or never no longer undead, or whatever). They only poured the concrete foundation for a building over top of him to keep him trapped, so his being alive is appropriate. They just didn't think he'd get out so soon.

creep
Site Admin

#37 Post by creep » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Jasper wrote:
blackula wrote:And that vampire from 2 seasons ago still being alive? Fucking stupid.
Russell? He was never dead (or never no longer undead, or whatever). They only poured the concrete foundation for a building over top of him to keep him trapped, so his being alive is appropriate. They just didn't think he'd get out so soon.
we really want this guy dead so let's not actually kill him. it's like the typical movie scene where the guy in charge tells his people to kill someone then leaves the room. you know what's about to happen.

russell is one of the few interesting characters on the show. the speech he did on tv was great.

perkana

#38 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Finally saw the first episode tonight, I though it was going to be worse...but well I'm partial to Eric so I can't complain :hehe:
Sookie actually was the one who annoyed the hell out of me. But I'll give this season a chance...

perkana

#39 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh crap, I really hoped they'd have staked Tara...couldn't she be more annoying as a vampire?
I really dig Steve Newlin portrayal of a gay vampire (kinda miss Stephen Root's). I'm so glad that we're finally getting the whole season just an hour behind on sundays.

creep
Site Admin

#40 Post by creep » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 pm

perkana wrote:Oh crap, I really hoped they'd have staked Tara...couldn't she be more annoying as a vampire?
I really dig Steve Newlin portrayal of a gay vampire (kinda miss Stephen Root's). I'm so glad that we're finally getting the whole season just an hour behind on sundays.
i was so scared and really thought that tara was going to get stabbed by lafayette. :arrow: :eyes:

i also thought eric and bill were going to get the true death. :arrow: :eyes: :eyes:

fuck this show for making me watch it every week. :arrow: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Jasper

#41 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm shit outta TV shows, as all the shows I'd been watching - Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and The Borgias - have had their season finales.

So, as much as True Blood sucks ass, I'm grateful for it right now. :noclue:

Another fucking month until Breaking Bad. :no:

Xizen47

#42 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Don't know how much more i can take... :noclue: These last two episodes have been the worst of the series imo

Larry B.

#43 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:26 pm

I just started watching Sherlock. Fun stuff.

perkana

#44 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

it just last two seasons, but it's good...I try to watch Being Human once in a while. Does anybody here like Skins? I used to like the first generation, I guess I'm too old for the last ones, too much booze, drugs and sex :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#45 Post by creep » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:02 pm

dave wrote: i was so scared and really thought that tara was going to get stabbed by lafayette. :arrow: :eyes:
oh no is she really going to die again???

fuck this show

istakes :eyes:

perkana

#46 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm

:lol: I thought about you tonight...

Pandemonium

#47 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like this current season so far more than the last few seasons. No fairy bullshit, no new stupid ass mythical creatures (fingers crossed), almost zero dialog from Tara, even Sookie is kind of pushed into the background.

perkana

#48 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 pm

I completely agree with you, it's way better than the last one for sure. I have no idea where they're going since it has nothing to do with the books. I like the SVU guy, he's scary but cool. I'm just wondering who's the little kid in the vampire council, from the books I think I know who it is, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

pandarve666

#49 Post by pandarve666 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:43 pm

I really liked the first three seasons, but season 4 was a disaster. Tonight I'm gonna watch the first three episodes of season 5 and you guys already formed my opinion: it stinks and they should cancel the show.

Oh Anthony Soprano, where are you?

perkana

#50 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 pm

no...actually, we're saying it's junk t.v. that it's actually entertaining. Maybe you're going to like it...