Homeland the tv series

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Re: Homeland the tv series

#101 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I knew Haqqani and his men would attempt to kill everyone regardless of whether they got the list. I always thought Lockhart was a jerk who would do anything to protect himself, so he he surprised me tonight. I don't know what I would have done.

Intense episode.

Jasper

#102 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Good episode. I enjoyed it. They've managed to make ridiculous stuff much more believable than 24, though I guess 24 really revels in its over-the-top comic book approach, so I don't know if its fair to judge 24 as if it's going for plausibility. I think it was season two where things got the silliest for Homeland. Even though the last 2-3 episodes had some absurd stuff, it hasn't gotten to that cartoon level of season two, and hopefully it won't get too stupid with Quinn going full Jack Bauer, though I don't mind if he's a little bit of a killing machine. I think the fact that it's set in Pakistan and Afghanistan makes it a bit more believable than when they do a bunch of crazy shit in the U.S.

No surprise that Saul didn't die. I liked that guy who was going to be in charge before Carrie stole his job, so it was sad that he died. I felt bad for the girl too, obviously, but I guess they've got to make you hate the lead bad guy, otherwise going after him wouldn't feel as dramatic.

I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.

Looks like there are two episodes left.

Pandemonium

#103 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Jasper wrote:I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.
She gave him the belt so he could hang himself in his cell. She could barely hide her surprise (and later contempt when she saw him in the back of the car) when she found out he was still alive the next morning.

creep
Site Admin

#104 Post by creep » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Jasper wrote:I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.
She gave him the belt so he could hang himself in his cell. She could barely hide her surprise (and later contempt when she saw him in the back of the car) when she found out he was still alive the next morning.
i assume he knew that?? :noclue:

i thought that he never intended on hanging himself and he will use the belt to choke out the guys with him in the car and make his escape. carrie and quin will then hunt him down.

tvrec

#105 Post by tvrec » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Nah, Dennis is just a coward and couldn't go through with it. Once again, he proves not to be the better man and concerned firstly with his own self-preservation.

farrellgirl99

#106 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:54 pm

creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
i assume he knew that?? :noclue:

i thought that he never intended on hanging himself and he will use the belt to choke out the guys with him in the car and make his escape. carrie and quin will then hunt him down.
he seems too pansy to unhand military guys. i read one review that wondered if he'll use the belt as collateral to say that the ambassador was a co conspirator/in on it with him the whole time and wanted him to die so he wouldnt ruin her. either way, his character is a sack of shit.

that was the tensest homeland in awhile i think. it made me pretty nervous.

Jasper

#107 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:31 pm

creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
i assume he knew that?? :noclue:.
Yeah. C'mon, gimme some credit, T.B. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#108 Post by creep » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:00 pm

oh man....after such a good episode we get this turd. first quin is in full jack bauer mode and somehow gets a shitload of c4 and then heads down to kinkos to make a big poster.,,,not to mention he shot one of his own but i'm sure that will all be forgotten.

just as carrie is about to take that dude out after he just happens to decide to ghostride the whip out in public ...her future fuck buddy stops her at the last minute....wait the cia dude is catching a ride with the terriorist. what the fuck.

chaos

#109 Post by chaos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm

creep wrote:oh man....after such a good episode we get this turd. first quin is in full jack bauer mode and somehow gets a shitload of c4 and then heads down to kinkos to make a big poster.,,,not to mention he shot one of his own but i'm sure that will all be forgotten.
:lol:

Well, all the women are helping/enabling him!

His ex-girlfriend got him the c4; the nurse got him the poster; and Carrie downplayed the shooting while speaking to Lockhardt - the agent will fully recover since no arteries were hit.

I have never seen 24 but doesn't Jack Bauer do it all on his own, since he is Jack Bauer. :lol:

chaos

#110 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:01 pm

What a disappointing finale.

farrellgirl99

#111 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Sooooooo boring. Who the heck cares that Carrie has a half brother?!

creep
Site Admin

#112 Post by creep » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:29 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:Sooooooo boring. Who the heck cares that Carrie has a half brother?!
:lol: i haven't watched it yet but if that can't be the the big spoiler can it?

chaos

#113 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Maybe Saul is Carrie's half-brother's father; they need another soapy plot twist. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#114 Post by creep » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 pm

ok just watched it. dumb finale...good season.

Jasper

#115 Post by Jasper » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:36 am

I thought there was a good chance that Quinn would die at the very end of the episode, but I guess that might have been too tidy and convenient, what with Carrie's revelation that maybe she can actually have a lasting relationship after all. Nevertheless, you kind of expect something big, drama-wise, from a finale of this show. Saul getting into murky political stuff wasn't quite so dramatic, and Carrie having a brother seemed like a lame attempt at character-building, when she's already got a plenty of character. Anybody notice that she's developed a quirk where she goes "pfft" a lot when she's annoyed or frustrated? :lol:

I didn't think it was a bad episode, it just didn't feel like a finale. I guess the search for Quinn might be a big part of the next season. I think the show's more interesting in foreign settings, so I hope they don't go back to setting it mostly in the U.S.

chaos

#116 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:11 am

Jasper wrote:I thought there was a good chance that Quinn would die at the very end of the episode, but I guess that might have been too tidy and convenient, what with Carrie's revelation that maybe she can actually have a lasting relationship after all.
I think Quinn will die next season. Did you notice the stack of letter that were handed off twice? When Quinn handed them off, the top one had Carrie's name written on it. I think the letters are when their authors die.

chaos

#117 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 pm

I meant to say that the letters are distributed when their authors die.

perkana

#118 Post by perkana » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:21 pm

I've managed to resist the urge to check this thread, since for some stupid reason, last season just started a month ago here (I know, I know, creep must be thinking "says the spoiler" :lol: )
Man, what a great season it is. I'm a bit shocked about how cold and detached is Carrie from her daughter and sleeping with the kid, but I have to say that I was really moved when she cried while they were having sex. Ok, I won't check this again until I'm done.

perkana

#119 Post by perkana » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Earlier this year, Showtime’s David Nevins hinted that we might be looking at a new setting for Season 5 saying, “We’re not necessarily going to stay [with addressing] U.S. relations in the Muslim world.” After an event at Paleyfest this weekend, we now have confirmation that Carrie will be in an entirely different locale next year. Homeland writer Alex Gansa said:

We’re going to jump two-and-a-half years forward. We are going to be shooting the show in Europe — probably in Germany — and Carrie will no longer be an intelligence officer.
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ope-no-cia

perkana

#120 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Finally watched the finale...I actually liked Carrie, wtf...And Rupert Friend :boobs:

perkana

#121 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 am

Watched season 5 premiere, glad to see that all my favorite characters are back. I'm liking the plot.

perkana

#122 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:07 pm

:neutral:
I thought it was going well...guess we're not going to see Quinn killing Carrie.

creep
Site Admin

#123 Post by creep » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:11 pm

just when i was enjoying this season carrie decides to go off her meds. here we go... :jasper:

perkana

#124 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:14 pm

When she was off her meds last time, everybody thought she was only paranoid when she had actually found the connection to everything. I still haven't watched the last episode, but Claire Daines portrays a bipolar person to the tee imho.

perkana

#125 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm

I knew the redhead bitch was behind Carrie's attempted murder. I don't get why Saul is involved with her? She is a bit like Carrie but two-faced and too ambitious, but not in a good way. Fuck her, I hate her. Quinn is like the new Brody.