Homeland the tv series

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: Homeland the tv series

#121 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 am

Watched season 5 premiere, glad to see that all my favorite characters are back. I'm liking the plot.

perkana

#122 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:07 pm

:neutral:
I thought it was going well...guess we're not going to see Quinn killing Carrie.

creep
Site Admin

#123 Post by creep » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:11 pm

just when i was enjoying this season carrie decides to go off her meds. here we go... :jasper:

perkana

#124 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:14 pm

When she was off her meds last time, everybody thought she was only paranoid when she had actually found the connection to everything. I still haven't watched the last episode, but Claire Daines portrays a bipolar person to the tee imho.

perkana

#125 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm

I knew the redhead bitch was behind Carrie's attempted murder. I don't get why Saul is involved with her? She is a bit like Carrie but two-faced and too ambitious, but not in a good way. Fuck her, I hate her. Quinn is like the new Brody.

perkana

#126 Post by perkana » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:57 pm

This has been the worst season for Quinn :neutral:

Juana

#127 Post by Juana » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:31 am

perkana wrote:This has been the worst season for Quinn :neutral:
I think they'll kill him off

blackula

#128 Post by blackula » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:11 am

Juana wrote:
perkana wrote:This has been the worst season for Quinn :neutral:
I think they'll kill him off
I think they should. If he survives the gunshot and a sarin attack that'll be a little far fetched

blackula

#129 Post by blackula » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:12 am

Finale=boring

creep
Site Admin

#130 Post by creep » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:23 am

yeah....not the best season. it's getting kind of old to me. might be time to end it.

perkana

#131 Post by perkana » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Missed the finale. I liked this season way better than last year's.

chaos

#132 Post by chaos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:30 am

http://www.movienewsguide.com/homeland- ... 7-8/220721
Rupert Friend, who plays Peter Quinn on Homeland will also be back in the new season despite the fact that his character in the previous season almost dead. “Rupert will be back, but not the same. How we’re dramatizing Peter Quinn is still undecided at this moment,” Gansa added.

perkana

#133 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:37 am

I saw this and here will be back in January :neutral:

perkana

#134 Post by perkana » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:29 pm

We have a date...
http://www.inquisitr.com/3557286/homela ... -premiere/
Last we saw of Homeland, Quinn was still alive and Carrie is still out of the CIA. Homeland Season 6 will be released early next year and premiere Sunday, January 15 at 9/8c on Showtime.
Claire Danes and the Series co-creator Alex Gansa gave us some juicy details on what to expect in Homeland Season 6.

Some fans wondered whether Carrie was going to put Quinn out of his misery at the end of the fifth season. However, that is not the case, Quinn will be returning and will not be the way we remember him.

According to Indiewire, Alex Gansa said the following about Quinn in Homeland Season 6.

“Quinn is alive, I can say that much,” Gansa said. “He suffered a major stroke last season and his very existence was in question … You’re going to see a very changed and altered Quinn this year.”

In the recent season of Homeland, Quinn was exposed to a chamber full of sarin gas by the terrorist who wanted to test out the weapon before unleashing it on Berlin. Quinn was given an antidote by a terrorist who had a guilty conscience but still suffered a stroke. Gansa continued.

“I think Quinn, this coming season, will really represent a very profound and familiar casualty of the war on terror for our audience. What he endured last year is different than what he’ll go through this year.”

In Homeland Season 6, you can also expect a lot of interactions between Quinn and Carrie as their relationship evolves. It is likely that Carrie will be his main caretaker as Quinn deals with his new health problems and has time to face some of his inner demons. Finally!!!

You are probably wondering what Homeland Season 6 is going to be all about. According to the synopsis, Season 6 picks up several months after the events in Berlin and Carrie Mathison has moved yet again — this time, the former CIA agent is living in Brooklyn, New York. Carrie is working with a foundation that provides aid to Muslims living in the U.S. who are likely dealing with discrimination due to the terrorist attacks committed in America.

Homeland Season 6 will also focus on the U.S. presidential election and the whole season will take place between election day and the inauguration. It is unclear how much Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump will be written into the series.

According to TV Line, Carrie’s daughter will have a reoccurring role in Homeland Season 6. Casting a 4-year old version of Carrie’s daughter will be done for the new season. It is unclear how Carrie deals with parenting full time while maintaining her bipolar disorder.

It is also likely that Saul will continue to try and convince Carrie to return to the CIA. As events unfold in Homeland Season 6, Carrie will not be privy to information about any CIA activity, which may lead the former agent to rejoin but we will have to wait to find out.

Claire Danes also spoke about her character’s relationship with Saul and what we can expect between the two characters who have a father/daughter type of relationship.

“They have diverged,” Danes said. “There has been a split that they’ve been working on repairing over the course of the last couple of seasons to varying degrees of success. Saul has committed himself even more fully to the agency, and Carrie rejects some fundamental principles of it. That’s very difficult to reconcile, but they are so profoundly bonded. That’s something they’ll never be able to rid themselves of, but she’s matured to a very different place than he has.”

chaos

#135 Post by chaos » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

The Season 6 premiere is already up on On-Demand.

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 pm

that was a weird episode. i already know i am going to hate the manic ptsd quinn character this season.

chaos

#137 Post by chaos » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 am

I thought Rupert Friend's portrayal of his neurologically impaired character was well acted. Claire Dane's character is more unlikeable than ever. :lol: The episode had a The Night Of feel to it.

blackula

#138 Post by blackula » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:06 pm

chaos wrote:I thought Rupert Friend's portrayal of his neurologically impaired character was well acted. Claire Dane's character is more unlikeable than ever. :lol: The episode had a The Night Of feel to it.
I liked the episode but I fear the direction may repeat the season 1 "is he or isn't he" storyline.

I thought the actor did great as Quinn and agree Carrie was pretty annoying

chaos

#139 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Overall this season has been just okay for me; however, Rupert Friend has been amazing. I hope he gets an Emmy nod.

creep
Site Admin

#140 Post by creep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm

chaos wrote:Overall this season has been just okay for me; however, Rupert Friend has been amazing. I hope he gets an Emmy nod.
just like the affair we differ

probably my least favorite character...well maybe he is tied with dar adal

farrellgirl99

#141 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:14 pm

creep wrote:
chaos wrote:Overall this season has been just okay for me; however, Rupert Friend has been amazing. I hope he gets an Emmy nod.
just like the affair we differ

probably my least favorite character...well maybe he is tied with dar adal
im enjoying this season so far bc i think its been pretty entertaining. the iran stuff is boring so far, but the carrie storyline is good enough for me.

i gotta say though, i laughed out loud when quinn grabbed the reporter, choked her, dragged her through the house, and pushed her down the stairs. it was so utterly ridiculous. and then we saw no fallout from it :lol: this show certainly plays with believability, but it always has

chaos

#142 Post by chaos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Not to say the show isn't getting ridiculous, but isn't there some doubt as to whether the woman thrown down the stairs was really a reporter? :noclue:

perkana

#143 Post by perkana » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:39 am

She was...I mean everybody outside her house were :noclue: And well the swat team was sent to kill him. I'm just glad Peter is finally fed up with Carrie. Kudos to him!
Saul is always falling for women he just met. Is it just me or wasn't he giving lovey dovey eyes to the latina FBI/CIA (I forget) agent back in NYC?
I'm really digging this season.

chaos

#144 Post by chaos » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 pm

No spoilers, but tonight's episode with Quinn and Dar -- O M G !!!

perkana

#145 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:37 pm

I don't know who's worse...Carrie or Dar? I just don't feel sorry for her since season 3.