Homeland the tv series

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
farrellgirl99

Re: Homeland the tv series

#161 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:40 am

chaos wrote:I hate this season.
the brett o'keefe character drives me nuts

and carrie's storyline has just been done way too many times.

chaos

#162 Post by chaos » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:03 am

I thought the last three episodes were the best of what has been a dud of a season. I did not, however, find the final scene very moving since the main character has evolved (or devolved) into such an unlikeable, annoying person.

Did anyone else wonder how Anson (the CIA guy driving Carrie through the Russian streets) got back to the states after he purposefully crashes his car? Was he detained?

Pandemonium

#163 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

chaos wrote:I thought the last three episodes were the best of what has been a dud of a season. I did not, however, find the final scene very moving since the main character has evolved (or devolved) into such an unlikeable, annoying person.

Did anyone else wonder how Anson (the CIA guy driving Carrie through the Russian streets) got back to the states after he purposefully crashes his car? Was he detained?
Haven't watched the latest ep so I can't comment. I agree the show has taken a hard turn for the better since the O'Keefe subplot was kind of wrapped up and discarded and the Carrie personal drama has been marginalized.

Pandemonium

#164 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 am

Watched the season ender last night. Sorry, I take back everything I said about the tail end of this season being an improvement. This last ep was pretty stupid. So many wtf moments. Basically, all this work was done at great risk, cost and total lack of viewer credibility only to have Keane resign to jolt the American public out of hyperpartisanism, join hands and sing Kumbaya? And the final bit with bug eyes Carrie at the end ... come on... not a good incentive to stick with the next next season.

creep
Site Admin

#165 Post by creep » Tue May 01, 2018 11:44 am

I didn't watch last season but now I have nothing to watch so I watched the first three episodes of this season. They were OK.. Luckily I haven't seen that quin guy so hopefully he is dead. I see Carrie is still a horrible mother.

Pandemonium

#166 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 pm

creep wrote:I didn't watch last season but now I have nothing to watch so I watched the first three episodes of this season. They were OK.. Luckily I haven't seen that quin guy so hopefully he is dead. I see Carrie is still a horrible mother.
Heh, you haven't seen anything yet.

chaos

#167 Post by chaos » Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 am

Pandemonium wrote:Watched the season ender last night. Sorry, I take back everything I said about the tail end of this season being an improvement. This last ep was pretty stupid. So many wtf moments.
True, but it was better than a majority of the episodes this season. :lol: Nevertheless I am going to stick it out until the end. I have no allusions that this show will end on a high note. I am just wondering whether it will beat Dexter with regard to worst final season & finale.

chaos

#168 Post by chaos » Thu May 03, 2018 11:18 am

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/19/homeland-final-season/

Homeland showrunner reveals 'final season' shakeup plan

JAMES HIBBERD April 19, 2018 at 09:53 AM EDT

Homeland is planning some major changes for its final season, including a return to an overseas setting, a big time jump and ditching its President Trump allegories, showrunner Alex Gansa says.

While Showtime has pointedly not yet confirmed the series will end next year, Gansa says the espionage thriller will not only conclude, but will also perform a narrative reset that gets the Emmy-winning drama back to its foreign intelligence roots with a self-contained storyline.

“[Season 7 arranges] all the pieces on the chessboard to make that a proper finale for the story we’ve been telling,” Gansa told EW. “We get to play this last season in D.C with the intention of taking us overseas for one last chapter. Season 8 will be overseas somewhere. We get to play a story with larger national stakes in season 7 and we’ll go back to a smaller intelligence-based season in 8. We get to pull out all the stops this year and then get to the emotional heart of things in season 8.”

Not only that, but Gansa says the Trump administration allegories will be put to rest as well.

Most of season 6 was written during the 2016 election and had Homeland setting up a vaguely Hillary Clinton-esque president with the character of Elizabeth Keane (Elizabeth Marvel). Then writers were surprised when Trump was elected instead. Season 7 continued the previous year’s storyline and has been a largely D.C.-set thriller with Keane becoming an authoritarian figure and the show also including an Alex Jones-like conspiracy thriller character (Jake Weber).

Gansa has been hinting for a couple years that season 8 would be the last for Homeland. Star Claire Danes recently said the same. Yet Showtime has refused to confirm the series will end (a representative said the network has not made a decision beyond season 8), suggesting there could be some reluctance to say goodbye to the network’s longest-running successful drama, or that the network is still trying to convince the show’s talent to do a ninth round. Given Homeland‘s flexible subject matter allowing for many different types of government and terrorism thrillers, it’s not impossible to imagine the network could try for some kind of reboot at some point with a new team.

farrellgirl99

#169 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 pm

i thought this season was definitely a step up from the past few years. i thought the penultimate episode was much better than the finale.

i agree with panda that the carrie buy eyes thing was ridiculous. my mom has bipolar disorder and we were both joking about how they shit would not happen where you forget your entire life

creep
Site Admin

#170 Post by creep » Thu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Just finished S7 and I liked it. :noclue: The finale wasn't great and the president spitting on that dude was ridiculous and over the top but overall it was good....and yeah the last scene was funny.

tvrec

#171 Post by tvrec » Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Yeah, they didn't need that 7 months later scene for anything but a reset after Carrie's return. The season itself would have been much better served by ending with the resignation and Carrie in limbo, but I think the next season is meant to be the last so they need a clean set up for that.