Homeland the tv series

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
farrellgirl99

Re: Homeland the tv series

#81 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:my sunday night tv viewing is really lacking now. i need some series to start back up.
No shit. There's nothing. Something must be coming along soon...right?
i have nothing to watch until shameless in january. but no dramas to speak of, especially with breaking bad and dexter ending.

i started waching luther on netflix, purely for idris elba :hehe: think ill tackle the sorpanos next

farrellgirl99

#82 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 pm

well homeland's back.

didnt feel like much happened in these two episodes, but they were better than last year. did claire danes even cry??

poor corey stoll :wavesad:

creep
Site Admin

#83 Post by creep » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:15 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:well homeland's back.

didnt feel like much happened in these two episodes, but they were better than last year. did claire danes even cry??
they were ok...a little slow. i do enjoy the emotionless carrie over the crazy crying carrie. she is the worst mother in the world. she considered drowning her kid, leaves him (her?) in the hot car alone and can't wait to get out of the country away from him.
farrellgirl99 wrote:
poor corey stoll :wavesad:
yeah the dude from house of cards. he doesn't have much luck in these series.

kv

#84 Post by kv » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Just here to see who still watched this.....i don't...nor do I miss it...should I? Did it ever get better?

perkana

#85 Post by perkana » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 am

I don't know when the fuck it starts over here. Although there's no point for me without Brody, I still wanna know what's going to happen to Carrie. Btw, I enjoyed this Claire Danes interview...
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/ ... aire_danes
It makes me wonder how Claire is different from fucking annoying Lena Dunham who thinks she's the shit, coming from very pretty similar backgrounds.

creep
Site Admin

#86 Post by creep » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 pm

after a rough start this season is really good now. carrie has to be the worst person ever. she fucks that kid and intends to blow him up, hates her new baby and contemplated drowning it, and then gives the order to blow up saul.

chaos

#87 Post by chaos » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 pm

creep wrote:after a rough start this season is really good now. carrie has to be the worst person ever. she fucks that kid and intends to blow him up, hates her new baby and contemplated drowning it, and then gives the order to blow up saul.
I think the stress of everything she has been through has made her snap (CIA turning on her, mental breakdown, Brody's death...).

I have been wondering about the following:

-What is with Quinn? Does he have a thing for her? Ugh! :jasper: Doesn't Quinn have a significant other and a kid who are in hiding, or are they dead?

-I wonder how much of the storyline needed to be changed since the actor who played her (Carrie's) father died. Are they going to get another actor to replace him, kill him off, or simply mention him and never really address his absence?

-Will Dana come back into the story since she has a half-sister? (I can't believe how much the baby looks like Brody, and its a girl!)

I think Sunday's episode has been the best so far this season. Very intense.

creep
Site Admin

#88 Post by creep » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 pm

chaos wrote:
creep wrote:after a rough start this season is really good now. carrie has to be the worst person ever. she fucks that kid and intends to blow him up, hates her new baby and contemplated drowning it, and then gives the order to blow up saul.
I think the stress of everything she has been through has made her snap (CIA turning on her, mental breakdown, Brody's death...).

I have been wondering about the following:

-What is with Quinn? Does he have a thing for her? Ugh! :jasper: Doesn't Quinn have a significant other and a kid who are in hiding, or are they dead?

-I wonder how much of the storyline needed to be changed since the actor who played her (Carrie's) father died. Are they going to get another actor to replace him, kill him off, or simply mention him and never really address his absence?

-Will Dana come back into the story since she has a half-sister? (I can't believe how much the baby looks like Brody, and its a girl!)

I think Sunday's episode has been the best so far this season. Very intense.
quinn for sure has a thing for carrie. i bet they hook up eventually. my memory is really bad so i don't remember previous seasons and him having a family.

why did you have to mention dana? this dana free season has been so great. i hope they are smart enough to know that no one except dana wants dana back on the show.

kv

#89 Post by kv » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:28 am

wow you DO hate kids in EVERYTHING!

tvrec

#90 Post by tvrec » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

creep wrote: quinn for sure has a thing for carrie. i bet they hook up eventually. my memory is really bad so i don't remember previous seasons and him having a family.

why did you have to mention dana? this dana free season has been so great. i hope they are smart enough to know that no one except dana wants dana back on the show.
But Dana's mom, she would be welcomed back. :love:

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

i hope they don't ruin the season for me with the return of crazy carrie. i'm not a fan. someone get her her real meds asap.

blackula

#92 Post by blackula » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:25 pm

creep wrote:i hope they don't ruin the season for me with the return of crazy carrie. i'm not a fan. someone get her her real meds asap.
I liked this episode, it was like a 40 minute freekout with 15 minutes of Saul sprinkled in. Hopefully this is a stand alone crazy Carrie episode, it will get old quickly if this meds storyline isn't wrapped up this week.

chaos

#93 Post by chaos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm am glad that Carrie was only hallucinating when saw Brody; I did not want to storyline to go down that road.

Based on the preview for next week, Carrie seems grounded again.

chaos

#94 Post by chaos » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 pm

I thought tonight's episode was good. (Does Aasar Khan have a thing for Carrie? Is crazy the new sexy? :lol: )

farrellgirl99

#95 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 pm

chaos wrote:I thought tonight's episode was good. (Does Aasar Khan have a thing for Carrie? Is crazy the new sexy? :lol: )
There are still things in every episode that annoy me, but I agree I thought this was a good tense episode.

I would definitely get with Aasar Khan

Jasper

#96 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:43 pm

I hadn't had time to keep up w/ this show, but the other night I binge-watched four episodes, and I think I'm up to date. It's been a pretty good season. The subtle and overt Neocon messages are distracting, but that's the nature of the beast. The adventures of secret agent Saul got pretty silly, but it's gone even further into 24 territory in the past. While I'm philosophically opposed to so-called "fat acceptance", I liked Quinn's landlady, and I wanted them to stick together. Carrie's unhealthy personality is actually worse than the landlady's unhealthy lifestyle.

Looks like there are four more episodes. Hopefully they don't do anything too ridiculous.

Jasper

#97 Post by Jasper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Takin' the cliffhanger thing a bit far there, aren't they?

So, obviously Carrie's not dead. Are we taking bets on Saul? I've always thought he was pretty much safe, at least until the series is wrapping up. The character has a lot of appeal, and of course, given the nature of the show, he has plain old neocon propaganda value as well.

creep
Site Admin

#98 Post by creep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:39 am

Jasper wrote:Takin' the cliffhanger thing a bit far there, aren't they?

So, obviously Carrie's not dead. Are we taking bets on Saul? I've always thought he was pretty much safe, at least until the series is wrapping up. The character has a lot of appeal, and of course, given the nature of the show, he has plain old neocon propaganda value as well.
for a second i actually thought saul would shoot himself in the head in last weeks episode. i thought that would have been a cool way to go but then i came to my senses and realized they aren't going to get rid of him. yes both of them have to be alive. as you mentioned before it's very 24ish now but still i enjoyed this episode.

chaos

#99 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 pm

I don't think Saul will be killed off; however, I think he will be injured in some extremely debilitating way. There seemed to be a heavy emphasis on Carrie holding his glasses; maybe he will be blind and become even more bitter. :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#100 Post by creep » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:54 pm

good episode....they are now in full "24" mode with carrie and quin as the only americans left there to save the day. i assume that that women's husband will somehow escape too with his belt/weapon. weird how an embassy with cameras everywhere didn't have them in their cells. :conf:

chaos

#101 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I knew Haqqani and his men would attempt to kill everyone regardless of whether they got the list. I always thought Lockhart was a jerk who would do anything to protect himself, so he he surprised me tonight. I don't know what I would have done.

Intense episode.

Jasper

#102 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Good episode. I enjoyed it. They've managed to make ridiculous stuff much more believable than 24, though I guess 24 really revels in its over-the-top comic book approach, so I don't know if its fair to judge 24 as if it's going for plausibility. I think it was season two where things got the silliest for Homeland. Even though the last 2-3 episodes had some absurd stuff, it hasn't gotten to that cartoon level of season two, and hopefully it won't get too stupid with Quinn going full Jack Bauer, though I don't mind if he's a little bit of a killing machine. I think the fact that it's set in Pakistan and Afghanistan makes it a bit more believable than when they do a bunch of crazy shit in the U.S.

No surprise that Saul didn't die. I liked that guy who was going to be in charge before Carrie stole his job, so it was sad that he died. I felt bad for the girl too, obviously, but I guess they've got to make you hate the lead bad guy, otherwise going after him wouldn't feel as dramatic.

I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.

Looks like there are two episodes left.

Pandemonium

#103 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Jasper wrote:I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.
She gave him the belt so he could hang himself in his cell. She could barely hide her surprise (and later contempt when she saw him in the back of the car) when she found out he was still alive the next morning.

creep
Site Admin

#104 Post by creep » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Jasper wrote:I have no idea what's going on with the ambassador's husband and the belt.
She gave him the belt so he could hang himself in his cell. She could barely hide her surprise (and later contempt when she saw him in the back of the car) when she found out he was still alive the next morning.
i assume he knew that?? :noclue:

i thought that he never intended on hanging himself and he will use the belt to choke out the guys with him in the car and make his escape. carrie and quin will then hunt him down.

tvrec

#105 Post by tvrec » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Nah, Dennis is just a coward and couldn't go through with it. Once again, he proves not to be the better man and concerned firstly with his own self-preservation.