Homeland the tv series

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
tvrec

Re: Homeland the tv series

#51 Post by tvrec » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm

blackula wrote:
creep wrote:
blackula wrote: Yeah, the daughter shit is the worst. Inconsistent, too. After last seasons storyline involving her in a car, why would she bake out her moms stolen car while driving down the highway? Oh, and with her teenaged killer boyfriend? I thought the main story was great, this Dana shit is just retarded.
I agree, and I think everyone else in the world does too. The sub-plot is scripted awfully and does not sit well against the tenor of the show (or at least what I thought was the tenor).

That said, the reveal at the episode end seemed ham-fisted, too. I mean, when was this deal worked out with Saul? What are we to make of all the interior monologues and craziness from Carrie that seemed only for the viewer (i.e., no other characters were being set up in those scenes) and, thus, unintelligible when retrospectively mulled over with the knowledge we now have about the grand recruitment plan.

farrellgirl99

#52 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm

tvrec wrote:
blackula wrote:
creep wrote:
blackula wrote: Yeah, the daughter shit is the worst. Inconsistent, too. After last seasons storyline involving her in a car, why would she bake out her moms stolen car while driving down the highway? Oh, and with her teenaged killer boyfriend? I thought the main story was great, this Dana shit is just retarded.
I agree, and I think everyone else in the world does too. The sub-plot is scripted awfully and does not sit well against the tenor of the show (or at least what I thought was the tenor).

That said, the reveal at the episode end seemed ham-fisted, too. I mean, when was this deal worked out with Saul? What are we to make of all the interior monologues and craziness from Carrie that seemed only for the viewer (i.e., no other characters were being set up in those scenes) and, thus, unintelligible when retrospectively mulled over with the knowledge we now have about the grand recruitment plan.
Yeah like are we supposed to believe she was in character/acting crazy even when she was banging her head against a wall or realizing her bank account was frozen? who was watching her?

creep
Site Admin

#53 Post by creep » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 pm

ok...if we are all going to jump on the plot issues...why would that guy ever agree to meet her in person? there is no reason to and that would obviously raise suspicions.

creep
Site Admin

#54 Post by creep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

ok...what was the deal with all of the positive pregnancy tests and what does that mean? carrie has had 1000 abortions? why the fuck would she keep them? she has a special drawer for them. none of that made sense or was believable.

and i so hope downer daughter moving out means she is leaving the show.

farrellgirl99

#55 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:57 pm

creep wrote:ok...what was the deal with all of the positive pregnancy tests and what does that mean? carrie has had 1000 abortions? why the fuck would she keep them? she has a special drawer for them. none of that made sense or was believable.

i think it just meant she was checking every day and kept them. its definitely brodys baby which makes zero sense time wise and would be kinda late for an abortion cause i read that was fourth months since she saw him. UGH THIS SHOW

that was the worst 'twist'

i also couldnt get over jessica just letting dana leave. isnt she a minor? and you just let her go. so unrealistic i cant stand this

creep
Site Admin

#56 Post by creep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
creep wrote:ok...what was the deal with all of the positive pregnancy tests and what does that mean? carrie has had 1000 abortions? why the fuck would she keep them? she has a special drawer for them. none of that made sense or was believable.

i think it just meant she was checking every day and kept them. its definitely brodys baby which makes zero sense time wise and would be kinda late for an abortion cause i read that was fourth months since she saw him. UGH THIS SHOW

i also couldnt get over jessica just letting dana leave. isnt she a minor? and you just let her go. so unrealistic i cant stand this
i didn't even consider it being brody's baby. that would be crazy since she isn't showing at all. i guess with the drawer full of tests that makes sense since she would have been pregnant for a while. :lol: what a stupid show.

i thought the same thing when jessica just let her go. the kid is horrible so i can't blame her but no mother would do that.

creep
Site Admin

#57 Post by creep » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:23 pm

tonight was a great episode. the reason why is because there was no side story bullshit and carrie wasn't acting crazy. i wish they were all like that.

farrellgirl99

#58 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:58 pm

tonight was definitely the best of the season. actually had suspense. and second episode of no brody family bullshit. maybe they will right the ship. but they basically confirmed the baby is brody's which is still the worst plotline.

creep
Site Admin

#59 Post by creep » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:43 am

the last two episodes have saved the season for me. unfortunately i think they are setting up a return of brody for next season and the season will focus on his relationship with carrie and their baby. that would be horrible.

perkana

#60 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 am

I just started watching it, think I'm an episode behind. I still don't know anything about the new characters, but I fucking miss Brody.

perkana

#61 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:

I think deep down she got tired of her like us and saw this as her last chance :lol: She gave her 300 bucks! haha

creep
Site Admin

#62 Post by creep » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:28 pm

they almost lost me tonight with that ridiculous brody plan.... also someone needs to remind brody that he has a son too. not one mention of him...just downer dana.

carrie smoking while pregnant was a good look too.

blackcoffee

#63 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am

Last night's episode got a lot of things wrong about heroin withdrawal, as well.

I'm on the fence about the plan for Brody to go into Iran. It is far-fetched, but much of the show is already far-fetched. It's television drama, though. i have to remember that.

creep
Site Admin

#64 Post by creep » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

i just can't suspend belief and enjoy this ridiculous story going on now.

let's now see how the only two white people in tehran get out alive. :conf:

farrellgirl99

#65 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:14 pm

creep wrote:i just can't suspend belief and enjoy this ridiculous story going on now.

let's now see how the only two white people in tehran get out alive. :conf:
i hope brody dies. the show needs to move on

creep
Site Admin

#66 Post by creep » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:16 pm

this show is way better without him or his family.

Jasper

#67 Post by Jasper » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

You guys are negative Nellies who can't appreciate a good ashtray shot to the head.

Juana

#68 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 am

I loved the way this episode ended. I haven't seen anything since like episode 4 from this season to now though haha. From reading the comments I didn't miss anything too exciting and what not.

blackula

#69 Post by blackula » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm

I liked the ending. It had a series finale feel. Looking back on the season there were more than a few over the top unrealistic plot lines, but I liked it overall compared to 99% of what's on tv nowadays.

creep
Site Admin

#70 Post by creep » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 pm

iran doesn't fuck around. within 24hrs they capture you, put you on trial and hang you. it was a nice surprise.

carrie is not going to win mother of the year. not sure where this series is going to go now but it might be a good time to end it.

farrellgirl99

#71 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 pm

yeah no idea where this show is gonna go. and i really dont care very much.

her having a kid is dumb. her moving to turkey is dumb. saul leaving is dumb. whats the point.

Jasper

#72 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:35 pm

It was sad. I thought this season was a lot better then the last one, with the exception of downer Dana stuff.

I heard Saul was signed up for next season, but I don't know if it's true. It would be dumb to get rid of his character. Maybe things will go to shit in Iran and they'll need Saul back to deal with that dude they've planted.

I think they could have ended the whole show with this season just by tweaking a few things, and it would have been pretty satisfying. I'm sure they'll find something interesting to do in the future, I just hope it's not too ridiculous. At least it's still way more realistic than 24.

perkana

#73 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 am

I enjoyed this season, I actually felt sorry for Carrie.

perkana

#74 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:18 am

creep wrote:iran doesn't fuck around. within 24hrs they capture you, put you on trial and hang you. it was a nice surprise.

carrie is not going to win mother of the year. not sure where this series is going to go now but it might be a good time to end it.
I think Carrie's buddy is going to be a big character if the show continues. If it does, I hope they don't mix Dana at all.

tvrec

#75 Post by tvrec » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... 44825.html
According to this article, season 4 is in the works, with mom and daughter brody have significantly reduced and/or eliminated roles. If it were Mandy getting the boot, you'd think that would lead.