Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
clickie

Re: Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

#2121 Post by clickie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm

I kind of miss this old tv show

clickie

#2122 Post by clickie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

clickie

#2123 Post by clickie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:27 pm

clickie

#2124 Post by clickie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Two Legends

creep
Site Admin

#2125 Post by creep » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm

will clickie ever watch anything made in the last decade? the long wait continues....

clickie

#2126 Post by clickie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 am

I have 1917 ready to watch and that one with Matt Damon Ford V Ferrari

clickie

#2127 Post by clickie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:26 am

Artemis

#2128 Post by Artemis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:45 am

I enjoyed Uncorked.
There's a funny segment where wine is compared to hip hop artists. Chardonnay = Jay Z, Pinot Grigio = Kanye West, Riesling = Drake. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#2129 Post by creep » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 am

clickie wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 am
I have 1917 ready to watch and that one with Matt Damon Ford V Ferrari
:thumb:

1917 was pretty good

clickie

#2130 Post by clickie » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Dennis Hopper pretty high on the set of Apocalypse Now with Francis Ford Coppola and apparently forgetting his lines

Matz

#2131 Post by Matz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm

funny, I just watched the movie AND Heart of Darkness and some docs on youtube where they break it down. The first half of the movie is the best. Amazing soundtrack too, very menacing.

And fyi, quite a few of the actors we're high/drunk during shooting. E.g. Martin Sheen in the scene in the beginning where he cuts his hand. That's a real cut and a deep one, all that blood is his, Coppola wanted to stop filming and get his hand looked at but Sheen begged Coppola to keep rolling so he could exorcise some demons.

SR

#2132 Post by SR » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Great film, and for my money the next best writer to Shakes ever

clickie

#2133 Post by clickie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Matz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm
funny, I just watched the movie AND Heart of Darkness and some docs on youtube where they break it down. The first half of the movie is the best. Amazing soundtrack too, very menacing.

And fyi, quite a few of the actors we're high/drunk during shooting. E.g. Martin Sheen in the scene in the beginning where he cuts his hand. That's a real cut and a deep one, all that blood is his, Coppola wanted to stop filming and get his hand looked at but Sheen begged Coppola to keep rolling so he could exorcise some demons.
I like the second half, where they reach Kurtz (brando). Both are good though. I dont really like the extended version with the playboy bunnies and the French plantation scenario

clickie

#2134 Post by clickie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:00 am

Brian Dennehy was one of a kind

clickie

#2135 Post by clickie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:10 am

They gave him most of the good lines in First Blood

Matz

#2136 Post by Matz » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:58 am

clickie wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:58 pm
Matz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm

I like the second half, where they reach Kurtz (brando). Both are good though. I dont really like the extended version with the playboy bunnies and the French plantation scenario
I think some of the dialog is a bit weak in the second half, especially when they've reached Kurtz, I've seen this movie many times and I've always liked the second half, just not so much this time.

I agree that the plantation thing doesn't work, it should be left out for sure, it's weird and weak. I don't understand why Coppola doesn't feel the same way.

clickie

#2137 Post by clickie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 am

Sometimes I feel like the longer directors cut is the better version. Take Kingdom of Heaven for example.

Larry B.

#2138 Post by Larry B. » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:55 am

Last night we watched Midsommar, a kind of horrorish film. It was quite decent for the most part. Nice cinematography and it has several teather-like moments, but some scenes felt a bit off and a couple of the performances were very lame.

5.5/10.

The main actress, Florence Pugh, is ridiculously beautiful and I thought performed really well in this.

mockbee

#2139 Post by mockbee » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:07 am

Just watched Jeff Gibbs narrated/produced "Planet of the Humans"

I highly recommend watching it....I rate it 9/10

It's uncomfortable for the people who give a shit about the planet. The truth hurts.
The Left (Gore/McKibben/Sierra Club/the list goes on and on) and the Right (Koch/Cheney/oh..the usual cast of characters) have it all wrong (always have) on climate change and human impact on the planet.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/mi ... he-humans/

This film ties it up really well and goes deep into our shared responsibility for the horrific environmental disasters we have wrought and the pending ones that will do us in.....solar, wind, BIOMASS ( :mad: :mad: :mad: ) will not save us. In fact, largely HASTENS our demise.... it's true. What do you think you use and mine in order to destroy the forests to plant the sugar cane/trees to ship on freighters to burn in the power plants in Germany to achieve their wonderful "Carbon Neutrality"......Yup.......let alone to build the bio-fuel plants.....big con game going. :neutral:
:noclue:

It's alright though, the earth will be fine.....it's just us that might go sooner than we need to..... :balls:

Yeah, it's Micheal Moore, I can't stand watching him speak on shows......but he had a lot of guts to make this film.

Capitalism is the problem...The Left (including Sanders, AOC, McKibben, Gore, Branson...Et al.) and the Right worship the same god....MLK said it best:
“And one day we must ask the question, ‘Why are there forty million poor people in America? And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth.’ When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. And I’m simply saying that more and more, we’ve got to begin to ask questions about the whole society…”
–Speech to Southern Christian Leadership Conference Atlanta, Georgia, August 16, 1967.
“Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis.”
–Speech to Southern Christian Leadership Conference Atlanta, Georgia, August 16, 1967.
“We must recognize that we can’t solve our problem now until there is a radical redistribution of economic and political power… this means a revolution of values and other things. We must see now that the evils of racism, economic exploitation and militarism are all tied together… you can’t really get rid of one without getting rid of the others… the whole structure of American life must be changed. America is a hypocritical nation and [we] must put [our] own house in order.”
- Report to SCLC Staff, May 1967.
“The evils of capitalism are as real as the evils of militarism and evils of racism.”
–Speech to SCLC Board, March 30, 1967.
“You can’t talk about solving the economic problem of the Negro without talking about billions of dollars. You can’t talk about ending the slums without first saying profit must be taken out of slums. You’re really tampering and getting on dangerous ground because you are messing with folk then. You are messing with captains of industry. Now this means that we are treading in difficult water, because it really means that we are saying that something is wrong with capitalism.”
– Speech to his staff, 1966.

perkana

#2140 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:55 am
Last night we watched Midsommar, a kind of horrorish film. It was quite decent for the most part. Nice cinematography and it has several teather-like moments, but some scenes felt a bit off and a couple of the performances were very lame.

5.5/10.

The main actress, Florence Pugh, is ridiculously beautiful and I thought performed really well in this.

It's from the same guy who directed Hereditary. I'm not into this horror shit stuff, but I agree that the cinematography was beautiful. Florence and the Jojo Rabbit actress are great. But Florence is just a chameleon, I didn't know that I've seen at least three of her movies and I never realized it was her (Amy in the new Little Women, wrestler Paige in Fighting with my Family and this one).

Matz

#2141 Post by Matz » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Who here praised Election recently? Just watched some of it, had to bail after 20, what a piece of junk. :jasper: I figured that because Broderick is in it it might hold up, he did do such a good job in FBDO, but no...

clickie

#2142 Post by clickie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:33 am

I did, too bad you didn't like it. Broderick is top notch in that flick and so is Reese.

clickie

#2143 Post by clickie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 am

Matz

#2144 Post by Matz » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:13 pm

clickie wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:33 am
I did, too bad you didn't like it. Broderick is top notch in that flick and so is Reese.
Yeah well, you're not alone in liking it, it gets a 92% rating over at Rotten tomatoes, which is fucking baffling to me. To me it's on the level of Friends or something, but to each his own, right..... :cheers:

mockbee

#2145 Post by mockbee » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:50 pm

Matz wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:13 pm
clickie wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:33 am
Yeah well, you're not alone in liking it, it gets a 92% rating over at Rotten tomatoes, which is fucking baffling to me. To me it's on the level of Friends or something, but to each his own, right..... :cheers:
The Election was alright. None of the characters are likable, which is the point in this acerbic dark comedy, but just has that yucky feeling throughout. It's a smart film, but wasn't enjoyable, maybe some people enjoy that... :noclue:

If you want more Broderick in the vain of FBDO, try Wargames or the Freshman.

Or if you want a little Walken to go with your Broderick, try biloxi blues....a lot of good one liners.. :thumb: