Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.

Re: Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Postby Larry B. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm

I saw The Prestige this week, which I had downloaded long ago.

I thought it was decent, but it had been really overhyped, as if it was one of great movies of the last decade, "with great plot twists"... when in reality, the "big" reveal was quite fucking obvious since like 1/4 of the movie. But it was entertaining. I love Jackman and I love Scarlett. I love Bowie too, but he wasn't good in this movie.

5.5/10.
Larry B.

Postby nausearockpig » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Saw Chips the other day. Amusing in a dumb mindless way. In the vein of the 21 Jump Street movie(s?)...
nausearockpig

Postby wally » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 am

went and saw "Soy Cuba" the other night.
Amazing cinematography.
wally

Postby Matz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

Hanna, which is also starring Soairse Ronan, is great too, she's one hell of an actress
Matz

Postby clickie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm

I watched 'Wake in Fright' yesterday. What a cool movie. I rate it about an 8 outta 10. I need to check out more of Donald pleasence earlier work since I mostly became familiar with the guy from when he did Halloween.

clickie

Postby Pandemonium » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 pm

clickie wrote:I watched 'Wake in Fright' yesterday. What a cool movie. I rate it about an 8 outta 10. I need to check out more of Donald pleasence earlier work since I mostly became familiar with the guy from when he did Halloween.

He was in some great movies in the late 50's and 60's. He was Blofeld in the last decent Sean Connery James Bond flick "You Only Live Twice" and Himmler in "The Eagle Has Landed." The two movies I most recall him from my teenage years are oddities, a late 50's b/w horror film about Burke and Hare (he played one of them) in a Peter Cushing flick called "Flesh And The Fiends" and a late 60's sci-fi movie called Fantastic Voyage that was one of Raquel Welch's first movies.

Also, he hosted the infamous episode of Saturday Night Live when they had Fear as the musical guest:

Pandemonium

Postby farrellgirl99 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:37 pm

i thought three billboards outside ebbing, missouri was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. tone was all over the place - i thought it was complete trash.

if it wins best picture i will throw a fit.
farrellgirl99

Previous

Return to Music And Art