Tom Morello Interviews Perry

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Re: Tom Morello Interviews Perry

#26 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Jasper wrote:....Just writing a song mentioning it, and a good song at that, doesn't seem nearly as sad or wasteful. :scared:
Well, the music is good. The lyrics are Sammy Hagar awful.

creep
Site Admin

#27 Post by creep » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Jasper wrote:
kv wrote:i expect him to not blame a website for his own suckage...even though it is funny as fuck he wrote a song for us lmao..i can not fucking believe he did that and it made the cut to the final record :lolol:
Yeah, but, really, it's more about EA, and we know that. But still, you know what else is funny and ridiculous? The amount of time of our short lives that we've spent sitting around blathering about this shit. Just writing a song mentioning it, and a good song at that, doesn't seem nearly as sad or wasteful. :scared:
i don't know

i will take songs about eric or xiola any day over songs about etty. i think it's pretty cool.

by the way....i'm 100 percent convinced the song is about the eric interview on xiola...not xiola. he is smart enough not to directly say it's about eric.

kv

#28 Post by kv » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 pm

may have been the tipping point but it's not like he didn't already have open letters telling sonny to fuck off way before that...plus he had etty stop posting on "that troll site" years long before the eric interview as well

kv

#29 Post by kv » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Jasper wrote:[But still, you know what else is funny and ridiculous? The amount of time of our short lives that we've spent sitting around blathering about this shit.
i don't know about you but most of my xiola posts were in the sports section granted with this new site starting i have talked way more about janes doing my part to keep this new site active but i mean come on this site is way more an "us" site then a janes site to me and i'd bet most

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

creep wrote:by the way....i'm 100 percent convinced the song is about the eric interview on xiola...not xiola. he is smart enough not to directly say it's about eric.
I dunno. Being pissed over something a former bandmate did or said and writing a song about it seems marginally more .... I dunno, mature, smart or whatever... than saying it's about some "troll website."

drwintercreeper

#31 Post by drwintercreeper » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

I have never heard Tom Morello's voice before. Fucking guy sounds like Brian from Family Guy.

Good for him.

Eric B.

#32 Post by Eric B. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Cool interview! Sometime ago Perry Interviewed Tom about his Nightwatchman project. Now Tom returns the gesture. Good format I think. Haven't listened to all of it, but some interesting stuff there.

ETTL is primarily about Eric. Perry just don't wanna give Eric the credit that the guy gets under his skin and maybe had a lot of truth to tell. Better point it at some website instead. Oh wel, I don't mind and can understand it also, so I don't blame him. What's the line in ETTL? ....but now it's him crying help......clearly points towards Help Wanted.

Pillar Girl

#33 Post by Pillar Girl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Let's keep one important thing in context here though, Sonny is the only one with control over what xiola.org looked like.

How many times did the masthead say stuff like "Jane's Addiction 1987-1991" or "We LOVED Jane's Addiction..."?

He was making a pretty broad statement while the rest of us talked about things in situational contexts. "This show sucked"/"Strays sucked"/"This song sucks"/etc...

I blame him for generalizing us all as Jane's haters in general.

It's why i am so proud to be part of this board. We have largely been our normal on-the-fence selves since the beginning, but in general we focus more on the positives than the negatives. Thanks for steering the ship in the right direction Hoka and Creep.
good points and from my 2.5 cents, i stayed out of the whole XIola bashing or whatever you want it called back in the day,
i was just there for the music, and talking music, i never got involved with the drama so too speak, thats why i appreciate
this board alot more, it does seem more cival, there isnt any opinion bashing that is over the top, sure we have differences,
but at least we can be mature about it and enjoy the reason why we are all here, for the music,

Warped

#34 Post by Warped » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: I blame him for generalizing us all as Jane's haters in general.

It's why i am so proud to be part of this board. We have largely been our normal on-the-fence selves since the beginning, but in general we focus more on the positives than the negatives. Thanks for steering the ship in the right direction Hoka and Creep.
I agree. On the other hand i believe that Dave goes here too from time to time and he is smart enough to see that there is also a lot of deep love for the band, i mean - if it would be only for the sake of hating how long can a band's fan board really "survive"..blah don't know how to explain it properly...kinda tired atm :conf:
I stayed away from the personal hating/insulting stuff because that is something not acceptable imo.

tubro

#35 Post by tubro » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 am

two loads of shit

perry shut the fuck up. a website that lives to discuss your band, where your biggest fans hang out, has maybe 10 or 15 people who say mean things about you. well fuck us. but you know what? you're a celebrity. and people say shit about celebrities. who in turn, get to live in big houses. just shut the fuck up already.

xiola-ites waaaaa. he says we're so bad and we're not. waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaah. but you know, most people like their wives. some even love them. perry seems to love his. so maybe all the vile things said about her weren't so great after all. and he's also a famous guy generally given credit for accomplishments, but here, he's been, for years, looked at as an embarrassment, and far worse.

so both of you. shut up already.

fuck.

and the song's about eric anyway.

damn, i've made myself giggle in a time of coffee induced insomnia.

cursed male

#36 Post by cursed male » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 am

creep wrote:by the way....i'm 100 percent convinced the song is about the eric interview on xiola...not xiola. he is smart enough not to directly say it's about eric.
Exactly. The lyrics are so obviously about Eric. You cannot apply the "You were the foreskin, I was the real head" line to Sonny or anyone else on xiola.

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 am

Why is it so difficult to believe that the song is about the JA community, or more precisely, Xiola.org?

Of course that "now it's him crying help" line is about Eric, same with the foresking thingy, and "end to the lies" most likely refers to the Eric interview, but it's a chain of events. There's this website that basically trashes everything Perry does (including Etty), and after years and years of "abuse", they actually interview Eric who, in turn, reveals some of Perry's bullshit (which the members of the website knew about anyway). That's Perry's breaking point. That's why the song is "END to the Lies", as in, this shit stops here.

BTW... Perry is Eric's bitch. As Etty is Casey's bitch. Such a bitter, old and sad couple, picking on every detail (new or past) to make the other look bad.

And every time we listen "you talk about me to your friends and anyone with time to listen", some of us can proudly say "hahaha, that's me (amongst others".

creep
Site Admin

#38 Post by creep » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:23 am

Larry B. wrote: picking on every detail (new or past) to make the other look bad.
just like you do with perry?

a headless shell

#39 Post by a headless shell » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 am

Say what you will about Rage, but they directed their anger at bigger targets than websites and former band members. Personally, I miss that more political side of Jane's on this new album (Stop!, One Percent, even True Nature alluded to Iraq).

tubro

#40 Post by tubro » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 am

a headless shell wrote:Say what you will about Rage, but they directed their anger at bigger targets than websites and former band members. Personally, I miss that more political side of Jane's on this new album (Stop!, One Percent, even True Nature alluded to Iraq).
that is a very good point.
"you're talking a lot but you are not saying anything" --talking heads

cursed male

#41 Post by cursed male » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:19 am

Larry B. wrote:Why is it so difficult to believe that the song is about the JA community, or more precisely, Xiola.org?
Why? Because of the lyrics that are so blatantly, obviously about Eric. Perry of course cannot publicly admit it but he doesn't need to. The lyrics give him away.

Larry B.

#42 Post by Larry B. » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote: picking on every detail (new or past) to make the other look bad.
just like you do with perry?
Yes. Just like I could say that up to 1998, the guy was awesome, art-wise.

You ask Perry about Eric, and what is his answer? Something about a foreskin, maybe?

JOEinPHX

#43 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:28 am

cursed male wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Why is it so difficult to believe that the song is about the JA community, or more precisely, Xiola.org?
Why? Because of the lyrics that are so blatantly, obviously about Eric. Perry of course cannot publicly admit it but he doesn't need to. The lyrics give him away.
Yes, it's about Eric, but in the context of what he said in the interview with Xiola.org.

It's about the people who don't give him/Jane's a chance, giving Eric an interview to do nothing but slag on Perry.

It's a 50/50 kind of thing. It's about what he said, but about the people who set up the hateful interview to begin with. Not a hard concept to grasp. He's basically looking at xiola.org the same way people look at Fox News. Eric may have said the words, but xiola.org gave him a public soapbox to do it.

kv

#44 Post by kv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:42 am

don't ever compare us to fox news again

JOEinPHX

#45 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 am

kv wrote:don't ever compare us to fox news again
who said anything about us? I am talking about those assholes over at xiola.org

kv

#46 Post by kv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:55 am

joke is old :dunce:

Hype

#47 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 am

So is Jane's Addiction. :neutral:

guysmiley

#48 Post by guysmiley » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 am

The true hurts and if he doesn't like it can turn off his computer. This shit should make people not buy records. And I wont. I don't give a shit about him anymore. Start your own band. Fuck this dramas shit. Harmony and music shit he talks of. I want to believe it, but I don't anymore. Get in a van and tour small clubs play again, stop depending on a studio to help you and your tuning or your editing (all over the damn thing guitar wise.) I'm sick of this big band attitude,

Tyler Durden

#49 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Perry saying that Jane's Addiction is the best it has ever been is pure comedy.

guysmiley

#50 Post by guysmiley » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Well the man has made a living off it for 30+ years, so somehow we're the suckers. He should be be more humble. That bothers me.........I and many others have busted ass for 10+ years and get little. He can eat shit if he chooses to shit on me as a fan. Frankly its getting old.....