Kind Heaven review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Message
Author
User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#61 Post by Six7Six7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 am

:lol:

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3731
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Kind Heaven review

#62 Post by Matz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

Mescal wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:38 pm
I heard Pirate Punk Politician on the national radio yesterday :)

Kinda funny of hearing the song on the radio while driving. Unbiased, and when you hear it just come on the radio, it didn't sound as bad as I remembered.
why would it sound bad, it's a 5,35/10 riff.

User avatar
nestos
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Kind Heaven review

#63 Post by nestos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am

I thought it would be worse than it actually is.

I kinda like a few songs, which is more than what i was expecting from what is probably the last album perry will ever release.

The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9689
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Kind Heaven review

#64 Post by creep » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 am

nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
this is true

ESY
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#65 Post by ESY » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:04 am

It’s the only JA release that I couldn’t even get through the first song. I’ll take weird (and bad) Perry any day of the week.

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#66 Post by Six7Six7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am

nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
It's ok to be wrong.

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4079
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#67 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am
nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
It's ok to be wrong.
It may not be the worst, but it is easily the most creatively bankrupt.

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#68 Post by Six7Six7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am
nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
It's ok to be wrong.
It may not be the worst, but it is easily the most creatively bankrupt.
I usually put it on par with Strays.

Perry's lyrics > Steve's lyrics

but

Steve's voice > Perry's voice

And if TPC had put "Go On" and "Loophole" on the album instead of having them as retail exclusive bonus tracks*, I think it's superior to Strays.

(*fuck, remember when bands did that during the age of CDs? So lame that you had to get multiple copies of the album just to hear all the songs. Record companies are stupid)

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4079
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#69 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am
nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
It's ok to be wrong.
It may not be the worst, but it is easily the most creatively bankrupt.
I usually put it on par with Strays.

Perry's lyrics > Steve's lyrics

but

Steve's voice > Perry's voice

And if TPC had put "Go On" and "Loophole" on the album instead of having them as retail exclusive bonus tracks*, I think it's superior to Strays.

(*fuck, remember when bands did that during the age of CDs? So lame that you had to get multiple copies of the album just to hear all the songs. Record companies are stupid)
Skycycle Steve's voice and lyrics were as generic as it got. As was the music. Strays was better. Satellite Party was bad, but at least it was...interesting.

I cannot believe Panic Channel was a thing. I cannot believe that logo was a thing. Didn't you get a tattoo? And what about those Panic circles? Oof. That was the true beginning of the dark ages, which only ceased momentarily in '09.

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9689
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Kind Heaven review

#70 Post by creep » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm

just to remind everyone


User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 6961
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: Kind Heaven review

#71 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 pm

He only repeated the title of the song 1,400 times, I wish he would’ve said it a few more times.

I had absolutely, 100% forgotten about that song, Creep. Thank you for making my eye twitch.

I mean... it’s not even worth talking about, right? This is so bad that I’m amazed people don’t ridicule Dave more for this. So few people were interested in this that hardly anyone even remembers or mentions this shit anymore.

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4079
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#72 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:58 pm

creep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
just to remind everyone

It is absolutely nothing short of incredible that this song was written by and features performances by Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins.

How the fuck those two basically fired Perry and went on to produce in 2004 an album that sounds like bargain bin mid 90s mainstream rock is mind boggling. They were freed from what they saw as the shackles that Perry was placing on the band's ability to succeed and produce music...and this is what they fucking made. That will NEVER not blow my mind. Never.

"If we could only get rid of Perry we could finally make an album that sounds like alt rock legends Eve 6 man."

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4079
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#73 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 pm
He only repeated the title of the song 1,400 times, I wish he would’ve said it a few more times.

I had absolutely, 100% forgotten about that song, Creep. Thank you for making my eye twitch.

I mean... it’s not even worth talking about, right? This is so bad that I’m amazed people don’t ridicule Dave more for this. So few people were interested in this that hardly anyone even remembers or mentions this shit anymore.
Who would ridicule him? His modern fanbase consists solely of people that like to see him play guitar without his shirt on, and 6767.

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 6629
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#74 Post by Hype » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 am

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:58 pm
creep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
just to remind everyone

It is absolutely nothing short of incredible that this song was written by and features performances by Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins.

How the fuck those two basically fired Perry and went on to produce in 2004 an album that sounds like bargain bin mid 90s mainstream rock is mind boggling. They were freed from what they saw as the shackles that Perry was placing on the band's ability to succeed and produce music...and this is what they fucking made. That will NEVER not blow my mind. Never.

"If we could only get rid of Perry we could finally make an album that sounds like alt rock legends Eve 6 man."
This was at a time when they were all utterly convinced that they (and a lot of old nostalgia acts) could "save" rock in the mainstream from its now complete death-spiral. Even Perry thought that putting Incubus on Lolla 2003, with a bunch of early 1990s grunge and shoegaze would work. This was at the height of garage-rock revival and indie-emo. :lol:

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#75 Post by Six7Six7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 am

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am
nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am


The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
It's ok to be wrong.
It may not be the worst, but it is easily the most creatively bankrupt.
I usually put it on par with Strays.

Perry's lyrics > Steve's lyrics

but

Steve's voice > Perry's voice

And if TPC had put "Go On" and "Loophole" on the album instead of having them as retail exclusive bonus tracks*, I think it's superior to Strays.

(*fuck, remember when bands did that during the age of CDs? So lame that you had to get multiple copies of the album just to hear all the songs. Record companies are stupid)
Skycycle Steve's voice and lyrics were as generic as it got. As was the music. Strays was better. Satellite Party was bad, but at least it was...interesting.

I cannot believe that logo was a thing. Didn't you get a tattoo?
No. That was a rumor that you started back when you were on Etty's payroll.

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#76 Post by Six7Six7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 am

creep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
just to remind everyone

I always prefered this one:


three_weeks
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Kind Heaven review

#77 Post by three_weeks » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm

The Panic Channel is worse than I Like 'Em Big. The latter at least can make you laugh.

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Kind Heaven review

#78 Post by Six7Six7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:12 pm

three_weeks wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm
The Panic Channel is worse than I Like 'Em Big. The latter at least can make you laugh.
Gonna have, gonna gonna have fun. :lolol:


Post Reply