Janes and Love and Rockets

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
trevor ayer

Re: Janes and Love and Rockets

#51 Post by trevor ayer » Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 pm

I would say the production of PJ was a bit more raw (which I like) but the songs blow and I really can't stand Eddie Vedder at all .. Purple had some good stuff and Tiny Music sounded pretty cool but the production of 4 and Core isn't my thing .. I got an STP SBD a few years ago .. nice and raw .. and the songs themselves really grew on me in that format .. I have revisited PJ many times trying to get into them and really just can't .. I left that STP boot in my Jeep for about 2 months and never got sick of it .. kickass!

clickie

#52 Post by clickie » Wed May 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:28 am
For me, STP having Chester whatever his name was, followed by an X-Factor guy as lead singer speaks to their general level of mediocrity.
Sure, they weren’t bottom of the barrel butt rock like Nickelback or Godsmack, but they also were nowhere near the level of Seattle’s “big four” in their prime.
So you're saying since Chester took over for STP after Scott died that proves they sucked all along? :lol: That's a pretty funny take. I'm not sticking up for STP but I can't really agree with that reasoning.

Noonesshocking

#53 Post by Noonesshocking » Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Comment on the KW video
IMG_0526.jpeg
IMG_0526.jpeg (140.98 KiB) Viewed 685 times

Diabolik

#54 Post by Diabolik » Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Yeeeeeeesssssdd

tubro

#55 Post by tubro » Sat May 25, 2024 3:32 pm

I was there last week for Neil Young and crazy horse. Strange little venue typical live nation repurposing of an already built place to load a bunch of summer concert goers into at high prices. But it’s GA down front and would be perfect for this show.
It’s a relatively new minor league baseball stadium that failed like most things do in Bridgeport. So LN put a stage in short center field. Seats are about 15 rows from home plate to where third base was. So they’re great too. I was center floor about 20 rows back from the pit. That was fine. Center anywhere is great. Avoid the sides. It gets real wide. Also in the seats watch out for obstructed views. They built a roof and it’s held up by huge columns. Again dead center is safe. Anything on the floor is uninstructed. It was loud as hell for Neil just like he likes it.

If it plays I’ll be there. In nyc I’d guess Hammerstein or maybe summer stage.
peripheral wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:54 pm
Looks like that radio web mention one is/was at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport, CT - which has a 5,700 capacity. Can’t see the specific date though, but that feels like the right size if this tour happens - here’s hoping it does!

Diabolik

#56 Post by Diabolik » Sat May 25, 2024 3:42 pm

I think Jane’s played Coney Island amphitheater before and I could see this tour doing that.

Better yet play the Kings Theater down the block from me

tubro

#57 Post by tubro » Sat May 25, 2024 4:32 pm

That place sucks ass.
Diabolik wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 3:42 pm
I think Jane’s played Coney Island amphitheater before and I could see this tour doing that.

Better yet play the Kings Theater down the block from me

bman

#58 Post by bman » Sat May 25, 2024 5:58 pm

:agree: coney Island was awful sounding.

Diabolik

#59 Post by Diabolik » Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 pm

Yeah — I’m rooting for Kings Theater

Close by, sounds good, has a vibe.

Terrified it’ll be Hammerstein — fuck that place

tubro

#60 Post by tubro » Sat May 25, 2024 7:40 pm

Yeah Hammerstein blows but at least relapse was there.

I want there to be a pit. NYC isn’t much for that in the size they’ll want to play and can play except Hammerstein. Plenty of great seated theaters. Kings is great. Beacon is too. Have you been to Brooklyn Paramount yet? I guess it’s not out of the question that the tour gains momentum and they end up at the garden with a GA floor.
Diabolik wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 pm
Yeah — I’m rooting for Kings Theater

Close by, sounds good, has a vibe.

Terrified it’ll be Hammerstein — fuck that place

clickie

#61 Post by clickie » Sun May 26, 2024 12:18 am

tubro wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 3:32 pm
I was there last week for Neil Young and crazy horse. Strange little venue typical live nation repurposing of an already built place to load a bunch of summer concert goers into at high prices. But it’s GA down front and would be perfect for this show.
It’s a relatively new minor league baseball stadium that failed like most things do in Bridgeport. So LN put a stage in short center field. Seats are about 15 rows from home plate to where third base was. So they’re great too. I was center floor about 20 rows back from the pit. That was fine. Center anywhere is great. Avoid the sides. It gets real wide. Also in the seats watch out for obstructed views. They built a roof and it’s held up by huge columns. Again dead center is safe. Anything on the floor is uninstructed. It was loud as hell for Neil just like he likes it.

If it plays I’ll be there. In nyc I’d guess Hammerstein or maybe summer stage.
peripheral wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:54 pm
Looks like that radio web mention one is/was at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport, CT - which has a 5,700 capacity. Can’t see the specific date though, but that feels like the right size if this tour happens - here’s hoping it does!

That's a pretty big deal seeing Neil Young he's a lot of peoples hero's