The official "The Great Escape Artist" thread

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Leto

Re: The official "The Great Escape Artist" thread

#176 Post by Leto » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:58 am

Six7Six7 wrote:the fact that he is one of those people who schedules time to be creative...

:flip:
:nod: Really says it all, doesn't it.

Juana

#177 Post by Juana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 am

Six7Six7 wrote:the fact that he is one of those people who schedules time to be creative...

:flip:
Well clearly the wife and kids and keeping them living the way they are is important to him and good on him, but at this point it looks like even JA is scheduled for him. Every 5 or so years he gets the itch to schedule a mini tour and dick around with a laptop and while its their band and they can do what they want the reason its saddening to me is just that like Peretty or whatever he has compartmentalized Jane's Addiction and while in the past they were so hard to label, Perry himself has labeled them "Fall of 11 - Spring of 12" in his shoe box of life, right next to the Hermes Birkin bag, Chanel clutch and whatever the hell else in their closet.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#178 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 am

Man you guys are whiney sometimes. Complaining about the fact that he scheduled time to work on the album artwork? :lol:

Really?

If it's good who cares?

Juana

#179 Post by Juana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 am

hokahey wrote:Man you guys are whiney sometimes. Complaining about the fact that he scheduled time to work on the album artwork? :lol:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
I honestly don't care about the album artwork. I was just saying that Jane's is just like a hobby for Perry now or so it seems. But he his balancing family life and his only money maker in Lolla, so I can see where he's coming from.

creep
Site Admin

#180 Post by creep » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 am

hokahey wrote:Man you guys are whiney sometimes. Complaining about the fact that he scheduled time to work on the album artwork? :lol:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
i know...every opportunity to take a shot at perry is taken.

Tyler Durden

#181 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:03 am

creep wrote:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
I don't think it's entirely unfair to take a shot at Perry for this. The problem isn't that he is scheduling to work on the album artwork; it's that this is what the most recent delay is about.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#182 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
creep wrote:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
I don't think it's entirely unfair to take a shot at Perry for this. The problem isn't that he is scheduling to work on the album artwork; it's that this is what the most recent delay is about.
I still don't get it. Who cares? He's probably really pushing to make something that people won't bitch about like his last few efforts. Good. Delay it another month if it'll mean a Jane's album in a record store without a hideous cover.

Tyler Durden

#183 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:52 pm

hokahey wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
creep wrote:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
I still don't get it. Who cares? He's probably really pushing to make something that people won't bitch about like his last few efforts. Good. Delay it another month if it'll mean a Jane's album in a record store without a hideous cover.
I hear what you're saying...but to me, it's like it comes off as an after thought (like it's not that important to him). Obviously, if the album cover is good in the end, the delay won't matter. But a delay because the album cover isn't finished seems like a red flag to me. Maybe I'll eat my words. Who knows.

AdmitI

#184 Post by AdmitI » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Tweet from GuitarWorld

@GuitarWorldGuitar World
Listening to an advance of new @janesaddiction album 'The Great Escape.' Good, trippy rock! @davenavarro6767

Sounds like the album is complete... just waiting on Perry to finish the art. Should leak any day now...

JOEinPHX

#185 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Really?

If it's good who cares?
The complaint is that he's holding up the album. The complaint is that he wasn't being artistic while everyone else was.

The complaint is that Jane's comes.... probably not even second.... probably 3rd or 4th in his list of important things.

There's more to it than just "oh he's just NOW doing the artwork?"

There is a larger affect to the way he operates that resonates in every part of the band. THAT is the complaint.

JOEinPHX

#186 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:13 pm

creep wrote:

Really?

If it's good who cares?
But.... he is the one laying those opportunities in front of us.

It's not like we're bored and just trying to think of something. It's "Hey, guess what?...the album is delayed because i didn't do the artwork for it"

Should we not talk about that? The band has been writing songs for 2 years. Possibly longer. They wrote, they arranged, they demoed, they recorded. There's been plenty of time to:

1. Do the artwork
2. Collaborate with someone on the artwork
3. Pay someone to do the artwork.

Instead we're going to get something that is rushed.

I don't see how after the admitted mistake that was the Strays cover, and how much everyone here continues to rip on it (to this day) you don't think we should be perhaps questioning how they are handling the newest album.

JOEinPHX

#187 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

AdmitI wrote:Tweet from GuitarWorld

@GuitarWorldGuitar World
Listening to an advance of new @janesaddiction album 'The Great Escape.' Good, trippy rock! @davenavarro6767

Sounds like the album is complete... just waiting on Perry to finish the art. Should leak any day now...
So... it's just "good" then?

Not great? Not "a return to form"?

Is it The Great Escape Artist, or just The Great Escape?

Will the album title change last minute like Strays did?

So many loaded questions here.

Larry B.

#188 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 pm

In my opinion, an album which name starts with "The Great", just can't be good.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#189 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm

The complaint is that he's holding up the album.
Okay, but for what could be something great. We don't know yet.
The complaint is that he wasn't being artistic while everyone else was.
Whiney conjecture
The complaint is that Jane's comes.... probably not even second.... probably 3rd or 4th in his list of important things.
After family maybe, as it should be. But other than that, whiney conjecture.
He's not just now doing it. We saw pics of him working on it weeks ago.
There is a larger affect to the way he operates that resonates in every part of the band. THAT is the complaint.
Sounds more like taking any and every piece of news and finding something to bitch about and take shots at Perry.
Six7Six7 wrote: But.... he is the one laying those opportunities in front of us.

It's not like we're bored and just trying to think of something. It's "Hey, guess what?...the album is delayed because i didn't do the artwork for it"

Should we not talk about that? The band has been writing songs for 2 years. Possibly longer. They wrote, they arranged, they demoed, they recorded. There's been plenty of time to:

1. Do the artwork

I don't see how after the admitted mistake that was the Strays cover, and how much everyone here continues to rip on it (to this day) you don't think we should be perhaps questioning how they are handling the newest album.
Six7Six7 wrote:The complaint is that he's holding up the album.
Maybe he was hard at work on the album with everyone else. Myabe he was waiting for inspiration to strike instead of planning his work on it like you got so upset about.
Larry B. wrote:In my opinion, an album which name starts with "The Great", just can't be good.
Really? :conf:

AdmitI

#190 Post by AdmitI » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Anyone here find a torrent for the album leak yet? I found a few, but didn't want to take a survey to get the download.....

creep
Site Admin

#191 Post by creep » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 pm

AdmitI wrote:Anyone here find a torrent for the album leak yet? I found a few, but didn't want to take a survey to get the download.....
as mentioned before those are fake. it hasn't leaked.

sonny posted this link. it will tell you when it is leaked....not where to get it though.

http://www.leaksallday.com/

JOEinPHX

#192 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 pm

hokahey wrote:
The complaint is that he's holding up the album.
Okay, but for what could be something great. We don't know yet.
The complaint is that he wasn't being artistic while everyone else was.
Whiney conjecture
After family maybe, as it should be. But other than that, whiney conjecture.
He's not just now doing it. We saw pics of him working on it weeks ago.
Sounds more like taking any and every piece of news and finding something to bitch about and take shots at Perry.
Six7Six7 wrote: But.... he is the one laying those opportunities in front of us.

1. Do the artwork

Six7Six7 wrote:The complaint is that he's holding up the album.
Maybe he was hard at work on the album with everyone else. Myabe he was waiting for inspiration to strike instead of planning his work on it like you got so upset about.
Larry B. wrote:In my opinion, an album which name starts with "The Great", just can't be good.
Really? :conf:
Man, that's really annoying.

Is this what it feels like when i reply to you guys like that?

Deconstruction

#193 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 am

Irresistible Force is #9 on the Alternative Chart this week, breaking into it for the first time (it was #11 last week). It's #21 on the rock chart.

As a comparison, Bush, another band with a comeback single on the radio (The Sound of Winter) is at #6 on the alternative chart and #4 on the rock chart, and it came out maybe a couple of weeks before Irresistible Force. IF really needs to break into the top 5 on the Alternative chart in order for TGEA to not totally bomb sales wise. I think YouTube/Vevo promoting the video should help it.

Another comparison regarding old acts with comeback singles would be STP and Alice In Chains. Both bands had more commercial success than Jane's in their hey days, but both had lead singles on their comeback albums a year or two ago that quickly hit #1 on the rock charts (AIC's Check My Brain and STP's Between The Lines). Both of those songs were better than IF though.

creep
Site Admin

#194 Post by creep » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 am

working on cover :bored:

leviticus

#195 Post by leviticus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:00 am

creep wrote:working on cover :bored:

Where was this from? I'm happy to see that this does not include the typical Rock Star Line up pose.

Larry B.

#196 Post by Larry B. » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:12 am

but it does include a picture of band members, apparently.

ah, it's going to suck either way. Perry can't create art for shit. I just hope it's not too embarrassing. Leave Etty and faggy poses out, and I'm satisfied.

leviticus

#197 Post by leviticus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:15 am

Larry B. wrote:but it does include a picture of band members, apparently.

ah, it's going to suck either way. Perry can't create art for shit. I just hope it's not too embarrassing. Leave Etty and faggy poses out, and I'm satisfied.
I don't see any band members except Perry wearing his Pacific Sunwear® gear

Tyler Durden

#198 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 am

Larry B. wrote:Leave Etty and faggy poses out, and I'm satisfied.
Oh really?

The Strays album cover didn't have Etty on it. And it didn't have faggy po--err...never mind. :wave:

Tyler Durden

#199 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:19 am

leviticus wrote:

Maybe they are just setting up the lighting in the shot before he dons his diamond encrusted cape with 20 foot tails.

leviticus

#200 Post by leviticus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:34 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
leviticus wrote:

Maybe they are just setting up the lighting in the shot before he dons his diamond encrusted cape with 20 foot tails.
speaking of which, at the very least I have been relieved with Perry's outfits as of late. Seems he is leaving his gold jumpsuits at home.