Jane's Fall Club Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
intertwoven

Re: Jane's Fall Club Tour

#51 Post by intertwoven » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

At this point the best chance we have at live versions of deep cuts is if the band signs up for one of those "play a classic album in its entirety" deals and therefore has to play Shower, Of Course, My Time, etc/ depending on which album. I bet ya they've been approached about this but declined. Maybe one of these years. That's one of the few things that'd make me excited to go see them again at this point. Imagine a deluxe remastered Ritual with bonus disc of unreleased goodies like that damn poem, plus a theater tour supporting the release where they perform the album start to finish.

Juana

#52 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I would rather a deluxe edition of NS/Ritual combined and then like a bonus live DVD. That would be nice and then a tour where they play NS/Ritual both all the way thru in order.

Larry B.

#53 Post by Larry B. » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm

intertwoven wrote:At this point the best chance we have at live versions of deep cuts is if the band signs up for one of those "play a classic album in its entirety" deals and therefore has to play Shower, Of Course, My Time, etc/ depending on which album. I bet ya they've been approached about this but declined. Maybe one of these years.
You have to remember that JA is not allowed to play any songs directly related to Perry's love for Casey... so playing XXX, NS or RdlH in its entirety is out of the question (I Would for You, Summertime Rolls and Classic Girl). Maybe one day they'll play classic such as Superhero and The Riches on the 20th anniversary of Strays :noclue:

Jasper

#54 Post by Jasper » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:00 pm

They've played Summertime Rolls many times. It was a frequent NINJA tune and I'm sure they've played it since then.

A couple of years back, when Perry mistook a Facebook post Casey made for being about him, he made a big show of saying how the song was really about xiola.

SR

#55 Post by SR » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:56 pm

sad still

SR

#56 Post by SR » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Jasper wrote:They've played Summertime Rolls many times. It was a frequent NINJA tune and I'm sure they've played it since then.

A couple of years back, when Perry mistook a Facebook post Casey made for being about him, he made a big show of saying how the song was really about xiola.
sad still.

esqfool

#57 Post by esqfool » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 pm

There was a time a few years ago, I wouldn't have missed either of these Chicago shows. Now I'm just kind of like :neutral: . Part of me says to go, then part of me pictures all their new songs being played and me not liking them and wishing I hadn't gone.

Larry B.

#58 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 am

Jasper wrote:They've played Summertime Rolls many times. It was a frequent NINJA tune and I'm sure they've played it since then.
JA.org shows the last performance of Summertime Rolls was on Feb 26, 2010. And I remember in Eric's interview his saying how much of a problem playing some songs was, and one of them was Summertime Rolls.

Jasper

#59 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 am

Larry B. wrote:
JA.org shows the last performance of Summertime Rolls was on Feb 26, 2010. And I remember in Eric's interview his saying how much of a problem playing some songs was, and one of them was Summertime Rolls.
I know Eric mentioned some songs being a problem, but I'm not even sure he named names, and I believe he was referring to songs that weren't played live while he was in the band, which doesn't include Summertime Rolls, which was played numerous times. If you want to provide a link to a video and the time at which Eric Avery makes such a comment, I'd be glad to review it. Nevertheless, if EA did, in fact, make such a comment, it would be of limited value, as just off the top of my head I can tell you that Summertime Rolls was played at the Vibes show about a month and a half ago:

Have a great day, Larry. :tiphat:

Larry B.

#60 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:44 am

yup, my memory could be off regarding the Avery interview.

:tiphat:

ja littlehelper

#61 Post by ja littlehelper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:46 am

XX
MYXYLPLYX wrote:
ja littlehelper wrote:have they announced where they're playing at in LA yet
Wow. Blast from the past... :wave:
Hey whats up

pentwaterzoo

#62 Post by pentwaterzoo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Here's a radio recording of the Vibes show...pretty cool. Lies sounds good live.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=371468

drwintercreeper

#63 Post by drwintercreeper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 am

i just watched some of vibes on youtube and and god damn... perry sounded as good as the rest of the band. AND he remembered how to turn his delay on.

lies was good... just because was a lot better than i remember it being. stephen was killing it, the whole thing seemed faster and more lively.

guess i shoulda checked out that buzz beach ball shit after all. oh well.

JOEinPHX

#64 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Now now kids, let's not get in too much of an argument here.

Summertime Rolls is a song that should be in the setlist NIGHTLY, so don't be too happy they played it "a handful of times"

Jasper

#65 Post by Jasper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Now now kids, let's not get in too much of an argument here.

Summertime Rolls is a song that should be in the setlist NIGHTLY, so don't be too happy they played it "a handful of times"
Nobody's arguing. :hs: Any confusion was completely resolved.

They've played the song plenty of times. It was certainly never a constant in the Jane's 1.0 setlists. There's nothing out of order about it. If you're looking for fodder for criticism, go with a legitimate complaint, like the complete lack of "Classic Girl."

JOEinPHX

#66 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm

i think it would make a ridiculous amount of sense to add Classic Girl, Summertime Rolls etc... into the set.

I know lengthy sets can be a strain on Perry's voice, but that is because they just go for all the upbeat screamer songs.

so why not open strong with Ocean Size, Mountain Song, etc... then play some slower tempo stuff in the middle (classic girl, summertime, jane says) and then finish strong (ETTL, Just Because, Stop, whatever)?

I think giving Perry a chance to go easy on his voice every night would probably strengthen it, and help him hold onto it longer each night.

Basically, kick everyone's asss, give them a few songs to smoke some weed and trip out, then kick their ass on the way out the door so the last thing they remember is getting rocked.

We should seriously be designing their setlists for them. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#67 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 pm

According to Dan Clearly and Dave Navarro, Jane's Addiction may or may not be playing Irving Plaza in NY 2 nights in a row on October 17th and 18th.

And Dave may or may not be unhappy about that.

:lol:

Juana

#68 Post by Juana » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 pm

So umm what exactly does that mean? TGEA is going to be a double album?

Jasper

#69 Post by Jasper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:According to Dan Clearly and Dave Navarro, Jane's Addiction may or may not be playing Irving Plaza in NY 2 nights in a row on October 17th and 18th.

And Dave may or may not be unhappy about that.

:lol:
Huh? I'm not following. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#70 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 pm

They have shows coming up in New York. on October 17th and 18th.

Jasper

#71 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:43 am

Six7Six7 wrote:They have shows coming up in New York. on October 17th and 18th.
That's the only part I understood. :lol: :hs:

JOEinPHX

#72 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 am

just listen to the Dark Matter podcast and you'll understand.

It was a whole conversation of "can we say that? is it confirmed" and then their sarcastic sense of humor discussing precise dates and places as if it wasn't happening.

Japhy

#73 Post by Japhy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:09 am

and that's my one little criticism of this site... you wouldn't know from the front page that these guys are even playing NY, whether it's Irving Plaza or the Bowery. Can we not have confirmed tour dates showing? Appreciate that someone has to do it and that time might be a factor, but it would give this site a little extra sense of authority on Jane's.

Plus i'd have a link to Mikes place... why not? Taking the higher moral ground for sure.

creep
Site Admin

#74 Post by creep » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:17 am

Japhy wrote:and that's my one little criticism of this site... you wouldn't know from the front page that these guys are even playing NY, whether it's Irving Plaza or the Bowery. Can we not have confirmed tour dates showing? Appreciate that someone has to do it and that time might be a factor, but it would give this site a little extra sense of authority on Jane's.

Plus i'd have a link to Mikes place... why not? Taking the higher moral ground for sure.
does anyone even go to the front page? there should probably be a link on the board header. hokahey asked for help doing shit like updates and stuff like that. it probably would be a good idea when and if this site starts showing up on google searches.

Romeo

#75 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:07 am

:wave: I do. That's how I get into the forum from my work computer