Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Perry's latest Facebook status update

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Chapter 6: I have three two kids.

Tyler Durden

#27 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Chapter 6: I have three two kids.

Artemis

#28 Post by Artemis » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 pm

I think this pic should be on the back of the book jacket:

or this one

:lol:

Tyler Durden

#29 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Seriously, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :lol: :cona:

It's been discussed ad nauseum...but I can't for life of me understand how it got to this point. In 1990, Jane's was the epitome and measuring stick of credibility, integrity, cool, etc...now they are the polar opposite; who would've thought? None of their peers and no other band from that era has managed to steep as low as JA.

CaseyContrarian

#30 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

It's true. Even Smashing Pumpkins with just Billy is more credible. And he's more interested in pro wrestling than music, for fucks sake.

Pandemonium

#31 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Also, did anyone catch the picture he posted on twitter where he said he was writing his memoirs? (it was apparently 2 months ago)

That looks like a hotel suite and he's dialing room service.... or checking up on ANR.

blackula

#32 Post by blackula » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Wow...just looked at the Toronto show's seat map and it has sold REALLY poor. Toronto is normally a huge market for Jane's.

It appears Perry is aware of this tour's lack of sales...and in a desperate attempt to attract fans, is considering MAYBE changing up the set list and adding some rarities. :lol: Check out his Twitter page:

Very sad. I know if I were to cave in and go to the Long Island show I'd be all excited for my time and 1%, but as the band opening for fake AIC who doesn't play long sets even when they headline.....I'm sure I'll walk out immediately after janes set quite disappointed. It'll be a set of hits

Hokahey
Site Admin

#33 Post by Hokahey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:01 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:It's true. Even Smashing Pumpkins with just Billy is more credible. And he's more interested in pro wrestling than music, for fucks sake.
Let's not get carried away.

JOEinPHX

#34 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

hokahey wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:It's true. Even Smashing Pumpkins with just Billy is more credible. And he's more interested in pro wrestling than music, for fucks sake.
Let's not get carried away.
Oceania > TGEA

That 20 year old on drums is fucking sick.

Tyler Durden

#35 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Oceania is an excellent album. I would highly recommend it for a casual Pumpkins fan as it is their most accessible album (not their best) since Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream. By and large, the album received very positive reviews (something the naysayers choose to ignore). I think some people are reluctant to embrace it because it's not the original lineup...but let's face it, Smashing Pumpkins was always Billy's baby...and certainly by Adore, he almost solely held the reins, in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania_(T ... #Reception

Juana

#36 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, Oceania is an excellent album. I would highly recommend it for a casual Pumpkins fan as it is their most accessible album (not their best) since Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream. By and large, the album received very positive reviews (something the naysayers choose to ignore). I think some people are reluctant to embrace it because it's not the original lineup...but let's face it, Smashing Pumpkins was always Billy's baby...and certainly by Adore, he almost solely held the reins, in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania_(T ... #Reception
Adore is my favorite Pumpkins album, its beautiful.

Tyler Durden

#37 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 am

Juana wrote:
Adore is my favorite Pumpkins album, its beautiful.
Same. :nod:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#38 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 am

I've given every new Pumpkins a chance. No good. Sorry. It's debatable which band is putting out the better albums, but Theater of the Escapist was far less embarassing and ridiculous than Corgan's "Pumpkins" tours.

Tyler Durden

#39 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 am

hokahey wrote: It's debatable which band is putting out the better albums
Zeitgeist was a mess, though it had a few good tracks...the best being better than anything by Chaney's Addiction. Strays and TGEA don't hold a candle to anything else that has fallen under the "reformed" Pumpkins name...there's no contest.
hokahey wrote:Theater of the Escapist was far less embarassing and ridiculous than Corgan's "Pumpkins" tours.
I see nothing wrong with this:

:noclue:

guysmiley

#40 Post by guysmiley » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 am

I was against the Pumpkins reunion years back, but now I think it's still quality stuff. I like Oceania a lot. I went into it thinking I wouldn't like it. Solid album. This cover is great too.

trevor ayer

#41 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 am

Larry B. wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:wow sounds like we will have the whole lawn to ourselves!! plus less jibber jabber to mess up my bootleg!!!
And you can be really close to the stage to offer your services as producer/remixer! You better take your take your chances if you get'em, like a fucking prostitute.

I been saying they were gonna hit the fair ground circuit for a while now .. looks like me producing their next record is not too far off after all .. they can only shill so much tequila for so long .. I geeked out and wrote perry a letter requesting a bunch o tunes for the saratoga show that I am apparently the only person going to .. one percent and my time were listed .. ur welcome .. i take full credit .. it won't be long now .. u can all thank me when the next album kicks ur ass :lol:

guysmiley

#42 Post by guysmiley » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 am

trevor ayer wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:wow sounds like we will have the whole lawn to ourselves!! plus less jibber jabber to mess up my bootleg!!!
And you can be really close to the stage to offer your services as producer/remixer! You better take your take your chances if you get'em, like a fucking prostitute.

I been saying they were gonna hit the fair ground circuit for a while now .. looks like me producing their next record is not too far off after all .. they can only shill so much tequila for so long .. I geeked out and wrote perry a letter requesting a bunch o tunes for the saratoga show that I am apparently the only person going to .. one percent and my time were listed .. ur welcome .. i take full credit .. it won't be long now .. u can all thank me when the next album kicks ur ass :lol:
No one can save this band at this point. :no:

Sue

#43 Post by Sue » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:13 am

Artemis wrote:I think this pic should be on the back of the book jacket:

or this one

:lol:

the saddest thing is that I can't for the life of me remember anymore what's been photoshopped and what was a stroke of PerryEtty 'brilliance'. :confused:

nat

#44 Post by nat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Also, did anyone catch the picture he posted on twitter where he said he was writing his memoirs? (it was apparently 2 months ago)

https://twitter.com/perryfarrell/status ... 5166909440

I'll bet it's called "I was the Farmer, Eric was the garden"
Good grief.

Can anyone imagine the Perry Farrell of 1988/The Gift/Soul Kiss living in a place like this? This looks like the sort of hotel room Classic Perry would hole up in, speedball a bunch and totally ransack.

Imagine if you went back in time and showed this picture to a Jane's fan back in 1988-93.

JOEinPHX

#45 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 am

While he is certainly allowed to mature, I seriously don't understand why he is forcing his wife to stay in such an inept slovenly little hovel where clearly she will not get the royal treatment as she so very much has earned.

Romeo

#46 Post by Romeo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:37 am

and his wife posting a picture on FB this morning of all her designer purses she just bought :no: And how she couldn't find the key to the wine cellar only to discover she is out of vodka :drink:

Larry B.

#47 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 am

I'm not sure why, but I just wanted to remind you all of this:

Hype

#48 Post by Hype » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 am

nat wrote:

https://twitter.com/perryfarrell/status ... 5166909440

I'll bet it's called "I was the Farmer, Eric was the garden"
Good grief.

Can anyone imagine the Perry Farrell of 1988/The Gift/Soul Kiss living in a place like this? This looks like the sort of hotel room Classic Perry would hole up in, speedball a bunch and totally ransack.

Imagine if you went back in time and showed this picture to a Jane's fan back in 1988-93.
Perry is wearing polyester and voting Republican?! :yikes:

"Good memoirs. Good. Not great."

Essence_Smith

#49 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 pm

At some point we're all going to grow up a little more and hate on poor Perry a lot less...all of your hereos eventually disappoint you...we know this...

creep
Site Admin

#50 Post by creep » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 pm

sinep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Shows?

Plural?
Newsflash: Janes is doing a 22 date co-headlining "Rockstar Energy" sponsored shed tour with Alice In Chains (who I believe are headlining) in NA later this Summer. Tickets have been on sale for weeks now.
wow, i just checked on ticketmaster, and the irvine meadows show is only like 1/8th sold.

sad sad sad
dave admitted that ticket sales have been pretty bad. i bet the tour gets cancelled.