Perry's latest Facebook status update

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
blackula

Re: Perry's latest Facebook status update

#176 Post by blackula » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:40 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
blackula wrote:Just release Embrace The Darkness as a digital single and call it a day already.
Won't happen without EA's approval...
True, but EA said in Sonny's interview that he wouldn't block a 3/4 s scenario. He also said that it wasn't a Jane's caliber song. If they wanted to release it...I don't see him standing in the way. He's like us with our thought on Jane's. We will see the potential and be mad, they'll release soul mate, and the world will still suck.

nausearockpig

#177 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:27 pm

blackula wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
blackula wrote:Just release Embrace The Darkness as a digital single and call it a day already.
Won't happen without EA's approval...
True, but EA said in Sonny's interview that he wouldn't block a 3/4 s scenario. He also said that it wasn't a Jane's caliber song. If they wanted to release it...I don't see him standing in the way. He's like us with our thought on Jane's. We will see the potential and be mad, they'll release soul mate, and the world will still suck.
tru dat..

I wonder if Perry's people will email Eric for approval to release it, rather than him just calling Eric up..

JOEinPHX

#178 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:31 pm

it won't get released till Eric's parts are rerecorded, and the song is polished to a high 3.5 minute radio gloss.

NYRexall

#179 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Jack White: Class up the ass...

http://pitchfork.com/news/51738-jack-wh ... nst-white/

Sorry, I'm off-topic here. Just thought it supported my "Jack White is a fucking idiot" argument from earlier in the thread :noclue:

Noonesshocking

#180 Post by Noonesshocking » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:09 am

NYRexall wrote:Jack White: Class up the ass...

Sorry, I'm off-topic here. Just thought it supported my "Jack White is a fucking idiot" argument from earlier in the thread :noclue:
It all makes sense. They're releasing "another soulmate" in honor of jack white, who needs to find "another soulmate" if you will. Since he literally can't go near his old one.

JOEinPHX

#181 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:29 am

Now post the links about him giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in the last few months to save music venues and music programs.

Juana

#182 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

Now post the links about him giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in the last few months to save music venues and music programs.
Yeah I can't judge someone off of a messy divorce article. He has done a lot to save music venues and programs like Six7 stated. I'm not a huge fan of his music but he has done a lot of good with his fame unlike a lot of musicians. The petty jealousy listed in the article just makes him come off as insecure more so than a classless dickwad.

Pandemonium

#183 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Juana wrote:Yeah I can't judge someone off of a messy divorce article. He has done a lot to save music venues and programs like Six7 stated. I'm not a huge fan of his music but he has done a lot of good with his fame unlike a lot of musicians. The petty jealousy listed in the article just makes him come off as insecure more so than a classless dickwad.
A good example of this is Bruce Springsteen. Back in the mid 80's when he had been married for a couple years to his first wife, he started having an affair with his backup singer while on tour (whom he eventually married) which was splattered all over the news by European press during his Tunnel Of Love tour. A divorce quickly followed where it's been said he paid an astronomical sum to his ex tied to an agreement to never write any tell-all book or ever mention details of their relationship publicly. More recently, Springsteen was said to be having an affair with a New Jersey local a few years back which led to a temporary separation with his wife (amusingly, the word was "Bruce is sleeping in the barn"). Then there's the astounding story back in 1979 when at a show in NYC on his 30th birthday, Springsteen angrily threw a birthday cake brought onstage into the audience at his recently ex-girlfriend, noted photographer Lynn Goldsmith who he then dragged up onstage, berating and humiliated her in front of the audience. Springsteen has done a ton of good things not just for his local community but many charities nationwide but the man does or at least did have some character flaws.

So yeah, like most people, especially when it comes to "artists," you not only have to separate their art from their public persona, views and actions, but even their sometimes utterly contradictory private lives as well. Of course, a fuckwad like Ted Nugent makes that impossible no matter which way you see him.

Hype

#184 Post by Hype » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:03 pm

I LIKE MUSIC.

"Our first job is to entertain." -- Homer gets shot with a cannon, with cheering from the crowd.
"And I like to think sometimes we get a message across as well." -- Same thing, but this time Homer has "No Litter" written on his stomach before he gets shot.

NYRexall

#185 Post by NYRexall » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

Jack White: donates a small chunk of his savings, harasses the shit out of wife, is good to go.

In his defense, he didn't do anything wrong: http://pitchfork.com/news/51746-jack-wh ... termotion/

:no:

blackula

#186 Post by blackula » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Dude....it's about the Black Keys guy. I 100% agree with Jack White. It's been a running joke since Black Keys came out that they were a White Stripes ripoff, just not nearly as good. If I were Jack White I wouldn't want my kid in the same private school. That's 12 years of PTA meetings. Also, Jack White's lawyer released shit that makes the ex look crazy. There's always 2 sides.

JOEinPHX

#187 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 am

Don't the Black Keys predate the White Stripes by like 5 years? Working in Akron, I heard of them loooooooooong before the White Stripes ever released their first record.

blackula

#188 Post by blackula » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Don't the Black Keys predate the White Stripes by like 5 years? Working in Akron, I heard of them loooooooooong before the White Stripes ever released their first record.
White Stripes started in 1997. Black Keys in 2001. White stripes already had 2 albums out and were about to release white blood cells when the black keys stole their gimmick.

sinep

#189 Post by sinep » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Don't the Black Keys predate the White Stripes by like 5 years? Working in Akron, I heard of them loooooooooong before the White Stripes ever released their first record.
??????????????????????????

really??????????????????????????

:crazy:

JOEinPHX

#190 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:52 pm

blackula wrote:
White Stripes started in 1997. Black Keys in 2001. White stripes already had 2 albums out and were about to release white blood cells when the black keys stole their gimmick.
huh. Weird. How was i not aware of the white stripes for so long?

oh, right, because Ohio radio sucks balls. :lol:

Artemis

#191 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
blackula wrote:
huh. Weird. How was i not aware of the white stripes for so long?

oh, right, because Ohio radio sucks balls. :lol:

no, i think i heard the black keys before the white stripes too.

someone who used to post here from ohio always raved about the black keys. i can't remember his screen name now. this was about 9 or 10 years ago. actually, he sent me some black keys CDs he'd burned. shit, i can't remember the guy's name now. :hs:

Forge

#192 Post by Forge » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Keeping things in context with Jane's:

"But the Keys are much bigger this year – they're the night's second-billed headliner, trumped only by Jane's Addiction. Auerbach doesn't seem to be a fan – he jokes about Dave Navarro "polishing his nipple rings" – and when he finds out Jane's have a preshow jam room backstage, he imagines barging in, picking up a guitar and saying, "You're doing it wrong!"

http://music.yahoo.com/news/rise-black- ... 25628.html

JOEinPHX

#193 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:43 pm

jane's addiction headlined something?

this article must be about Lollapalooza a few years back.

someguy

#194 Post by someguy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Forge wrote:Keeping things in context with Jane's:

"But the Keys are much bigger this year – they're the night's second-billed headliner, trumped only by Jane's Addiction. Auerbach doesn't seem to be a fan – he jokes about Dave Navarro "polishing his nipple rings" – and when he finds out Jane's have a preshow jam room backstage, he imagines barging in, picking up a guitar and saying, "You're doing it wrong!"

That's pretty fucking funny. I still think the black keys blow mightily, however.

Forge

#195 Post by Forge » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:jane's addiction headlined something?

this article must be about Lollapalooza a few years back.
Less than 18 months ago. And not Lollapalooza.

JOEinPHX

#196 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Weird. isn't KROQ known for getting really popular bands to play? How did Jane's sneak to the top of the list?

Noonesshocking

#197 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:28 am

someguy wrote:
Forge wrote:Keeping things in context with Jane's:

That's pretty fucking funny. I still think the black keys blow mightily, however.
I don't get the "you're doing it wrong part". I think janes does a lot of things wrong these days, but all they're doing there is playing in a dressing room. Anyway, the black keys are boring as fuck so whatever.

CaseyContrarian

#198 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 am

Navarro does it a lot more "right" than these tools, even when he's phoning it in.

Noonesshocking

#199 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:Navarro does it a lot more "right" than these tools, even when he's phoning it in.
This.

Juana

#200 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Navarro does it a lot more "right" than these tools, even when he's phoning it in.
Except the Blakroc project they did a lot more right on that record than anyone in Jane's has done since 1990.