Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

Re: Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

#301 Post by bman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 pm

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT.....They Pulled Me Back in!!!

Hartford Sucked. It was lame. Tonight they killed in New Jersey. As I knew they would. The band sounded fucking Awesome. Perry sounded fucking Awesome, and was in a great mood. I was on Chaney's side, 5th row in seats, (I wish Duff was in the band. Chaney really has zero vibe at all. Almost invisible. Plenty more people than Hartford. The lawn was actually full. The lower bowl took a while to fill up. Too many empty seats in the beginning but quickly got semi full. I didn't even mind the same basic set. I actually dug Mountain Song and Just B/C tonight. The sound was really fucking great tonight, and Dave KILLED on 3 days solo.

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Ted
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Then She Did (absolutely beautiful!)
Stop
Jane Says

They really did pull me back in tonight. I fucking love this band and they rock NJ and NY always. Tomorrow I'm hoping for good vibes at Jones Beach too. I was unhappy with Perry after Hartford. Tonight he was on. It was a fantastic show.

NYRexall

#302 Post by NYRexall » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:09 pm

bman wrote: Then She Did (absolutely beautiful!)

creep
Site Admin

#303 Post by creep » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:11 pm

i was getting worried. thank god bman is back. we have to have at least one person here that still loves the band.

tubro

#304 Post by tubro » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

bman just admit it. you never really left.
been thinking about jones beach. i'll be on a nearby beach all day. all i'd have to do is drive a separate car from wife and kids and head over there at 800. but i think i'm going to pass. its nice that they're playing a rare song every few nights but the rest is the same. and while i think they continue to be a decent brand and crowd pleaser and i enjoy seeing them from time to time, i decided a while ago not to go out of my way to see them, and this would be a bit too much effort for, maybe, one great moment and, generally, even if they play well, the same thing i've seen so many times the past few years.

TSD remains as good as they can be though. glad they're doing a little something different. enjoy the show, fellow ny'ers.

Juana

#305 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 am

TSD... this sounds more and more like a possible farewell until RnR HOF if they get in

trevor ayer

#306 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:49 am

looks like they dropped ANR (probably as a protest of this site because 67 and rexall talk about nin too much) and put an oddball song in each show .. cool tour ... glad to hear also that some of the shows are really great .. seems like every other one from the reports .. it is weird that BCS and Just Because were enjoyable ... that is quite a feat to pull off these days .. i dug them at saratoga .. even underground didn't suck horribly .. i think this tour is good for them .. they are loosening up a bit .. being at least a little less corporate minded .. plus they are easily the best band on the tour .. like by a long mile .. so that must feel good .. AIC is a distant second and the other bands are a joke

blackula

#307 Post by blackula » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Romeo wrote:
blackula wrote:
Diabolik wrote:Trying to decide if I should go on Sunday at Jones Beach.

Saw some cheap tickets on Stub hub. Since Jane's is going on at 8:20, I could literally just show up for there set and bounce afterwards.
As we get closer I'm starting to weaken too
message me if you breakdown :nod:
I officially abstained. I worked until 4:30 today and almost bought a 40 dollar orchestra ticket off stub hub. I didn't. The more I think about it I'm regretting it a little. If they play at 8:20 I could've probably been home by 9:45. I can't stand jone's beach though. I hope they came here tonight to rock the fuck out of y'all and I can't wait to read the reviews later. Enjoy

Pandemonium

#308 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:14 pm

If you can block out the dolts talking and singing along, you will witness the weakest performance of Jane Says ever from last night:

And check out this half-ass version of "Stop:"

I don't care what deep cut they toss in, at this point the band is running on fumes.

kv

#309 Post by kv » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 pm

wow, looks like they should be pounding some of that rockstar energy

Diabolik

#310 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah, I'm nervous about tonight.

I never would have gone if I couldn't get a 20 dollar ticket. I think my seat is close too. Definitely not nosebleed.

I might post during the show in this thread if anyone cares.

Artemis

#311 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 pm

I expect the first report by 8:48pm(est).

:waits:

Have fun!

nausearockpig

#312 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Diabolik wrote:Yeah, I'm nervous about tonight.

I never would have gone if I couldn't get a 20 dollar ticket. I think my seat is close too. Definitely not nosebleed.

they're probably all rested after that show so you should be right... lol

Romeo

#313 Post by Romeo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm here. Bored as fuck. Some band on that sounds like someone is skinning a cat. Friend isn't answering me. They may have left already

I may die.

Tyler Durden

#314 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
I don't care what deep cut they toss in, at this point the band is running on fumes.
Exactly. Does anyone really need to be subjected to an absolute butchering of Obvious or My Time? :confused:

kv

#315 Post by kv » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm

amen

blackula

#316 Post by blackula » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Pandemonium wrote:If you can block out the dolts talking and singing along, you will witness the weakest performance of Jane Says ever from last night:

And check out this half-ass version of "Stop:"

That version of stop is fucking horrendous. At least the getting a blow job while taking a shit banter at the singalong part was amusing. I hate Jane says at this point, at least that one dudes commentary was retarded enough to make me chuckle. Otherwise, both those clips eat serious balls

Diabolik

#317 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Rolled into the parking lot. From the highway the place looks empty as fuck. Doesn't help that it's drizzling just enough to be annoying. I think I'm just gonna hang out until its closer to show time. I can hear Coheed "Rushing" it up. Eh.,.

Artemis

#318 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Romeo wrote:

I'm here. Bored as fuck. Some band on that sounds like someone is skinning a cat. Friend isn't answering me. They may have left already

I may die.
:pat: To kill some time you could check out the merch and let us know if there is anything good.

The bag I bought from the TGEA tour less than 2 years ago has a big rip in the seam. I barely use it too. I paid $20 for this!

Diabolik

#319 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 pm

The douche runneth wild here in the parking lot.

Sue

#320 Post by Sue » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm here, hardly anyone else is. Got hooked up with passes so we are side stage. Just saw janes set list, anyone care to guess?

creep
Site Admin

#321 Post by creep » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Sue wrote:I'm here, hardly anyone else is. Got hooked up with passes so we are side stage. Just saw janes set list, anyone care to guess?
same as the other day?

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Ted
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Then She Did
Stop
Jane Says

Sue

#322 Post by Sue » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:54 pm

I didn't take a pic so I need to look again...getting CRS in my old age (can't remember shit) but that is close. Let me go see

Japhy

#323 Post by Japhy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:55 pm

creep wrote:
Sue wrote:I'm here, hardly anyone else is. Got hooked up with passes so we are side stage. Just saw janes set list, anyone care to guess?
same as the other day?

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Ted
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Then She Did
Stop
Jane Says
I reckon the new song will make an appearance... plus they might drop Jane Says.

creep
Site Admin

#324 Post by creep » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:02 pm

that's a ballsy prediction. changing two songs!!

Pandemonium

#325 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Diabolik wrote:The douche runneth wild here in the parking lot.
Start interviewing people. Post the quips here. Also, find a marker and a large piece of cardboard or poster and write "Play The Doggy Song For My Dying Mother!" and keep flashing it even after they've played BCS. If you're close enough for them to hear, yell "God Bless You Eric" at Chris. And of course, keep screaming for "Freebird."

Make it a night to remember.