I'll hit you back

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
blackcoffee

I'll hit you back

#1 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 am

I think I remember that when I bought either the stop or three days vinyl back in 90(?). On one side of the album credit is copyright on one side said something like, Orange Swizzle Stick Music, and on the other side, "I'll Hit You Back Music" anyone remember this?

So, my point is while I'll Hit You Back might be a new song, the title and its idea has been in Perry's head a long time...

here it is for Nothing's Shock credit:

Recorded at Eldorado Studios in Los Angeles
Mixed at Post Logic Studios in Hollywood
Mastered at Future Disc

All songs (C) 1988 I'll Hit You Back Music / Bubbly Orange Stuff Music / Embryotic Music / Swizzle Stick Music BMI.

Flea appears courtesy of EMI/Manhattan Records, a division of Capitol Records, Inc.
Christopher Dowd and Angelo Moore appear courtesy of Columbia Records.

bman

Re: I'll hit you back

#2 Post by bman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 am

Yea that's been Perryz Publishing co for a long time.

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 am

The song is probably about

Kajicat

#4 Post by Kajicat » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:The song is probably about

God I hope it is. Punch him right in his fat nose.

LJF

#5 Post by LJF » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:The song is probably about

Do you get the feeling that a lot of the cd will be about, EA. It seems Perry is having a hard time letting go.

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

c'mon, let's give Perry a break... it's been only 20-21 years. you need time to get over the break up of a band...

:eyes:

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Larry B. wrote:c'mon, let's give Perry a break... it's been only 20-21 years. you need time to get over the break up of a band...

did 2009-10 never happen? whatever inspires perry to with good music i'm ok with. i will take songs talking shit about eric over love songs to etty.

LJF

#8 Post by LJF » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:c'mon, let's give Perry a break... it's been only 20-21 years. you need time to get over the break up of a band...

did 2009-10 never happen? whatever inspires perry to with good music i'm ok with. i will take songs talking shit about eric over love songs to etty.
I agree if it means good songs. Just saying he can't let go, not saying it's good or bad.

NYRexall

#9 Post by NYRexall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 pm

When I first saw there would be a song on the new album called "I'll Hit You Back", I groaned out loud, I think. Perry using his 25+ year publishing copyright as a song title, coupled with the outright awfulness of "Irresistable Force" and the fact that we're only getting 10 songs and 40 minutes of music tells me this band is at a loss for ideas and creativity. But I'll reserve judgement until I hear the record.

Conversely, I would applaud Perry if he loosely based the new record on his disdain for Eric, because now that we know the original lineup will never record together again, it would be a sort of motif that still involved the classic lineup, as if to say "if you won't be a part of the band anymore, then fuck yourself. I'll write an album of music about my feelings toward you." I'd be down with that, even if I respect Eric a hell of a lot more than I respect the other three at this point.

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 pm

I don't have a problem with Perry writing songs or even devoting entire albums to his "enemies" and personal issues as long as the lyrics and music is decent. It's funny to think that this kind of shit seems to eat at Perry so strongly but there's scores of artists and records through the decades that have focused on personal beefs and have resulted in good, even classic albums.

Buuuuuuut, knowing Perry ...........I'm fully expecting a Carly Simon "You're So Vain" type pap smear of a song about Eric on this album.

NYRexall

#11 Post by NYRexall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Books, too! I just read Keith Richards' autobiography a few weeks ago, and he spends a considerable amount of time slagging Jagger, even going as far as saying Mick's got a small penis.

And I'll take Keith's word for it because knowing Keith, he's seen it up close a time or two, I'm sure.