ticketmaster

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

ticketmaster

#1 Post by bman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 am

WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE. Did anyone get Irving Plaza tickets? I cant get through!

Romeo

Re: ticketmaster

#2 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:19 am

call a broker. The 8 ticket max ticketmaster allowed for these shows basically made it candyland for scalpers

blackula

#3 Post by blackula » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:22 am

I feel your pain. Stub hub already has many tickets, 85 bucks. These fuckers waste no time.

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 am

If I wasn't too keen on paying $52 you can bet your ass I ain't paying $85.

I hope they all get burned & stuck with those tickets.

blackula

#5 Post by blackula » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:33 am

I'm sure that day of there'll be tickets that are closer to face value available. That would probably entail going to Irving Plaza and buying from these dicks on the street. I always get scared of counterfeits, though.

All in all, it's an expensive ticket anyway, I'm not going out of my way. If they drop on stub hub to face value as the show approaches, I'd go.

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 am

do i need to point out that i was right? :banana:

it sucks you guys didn't get tickets

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 am

blackula wrote:I feel your pain. Stub hub already has many tickets, 85 bucks. These fuckers waste no time.
Of course...Stub Hub is owned by Ticktetmaster.

creep
Site Admin

#8 Post by creep » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 am

the eight ticket limit is pretty shitty. dave said he may give tickets away on twitter and i'm sure etty might too. just keep an eye out??

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
blackula wrote:I feel your pain. Stub hub already has many tickets, 85 bucks. These fuckers waste no time.
Yeah it's actually been proven in some cases that ticketmaster doesn't even put a lot of these tickets onsale, they just go straight to stub hub via illegal means.

Of course they always just lawyer up and make it go away. No one can stop them now, they are too powerful. The only way real fans can get tickets is if bands have a contract saying that 10-15% of the seats are held aside for their fanclubs (like pearl jam does), but it's rare that bands actually put any time or thought into their fans like that.

Romeo

#10 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 am

creep wrote:do i need to point out that i was right? :banana:

Partly right.
It didn't sell out to fans though.

I hope the brokers all get stuck with them. I will NOT pay over face value. NONE of us had to go through a broker for NINJA. And we all got tickets. And we all got decent seats. because it wasn't ticketmaster

Tyler Durden

#11 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Yeah it's actually been proven in some cases that ticketmaster doesn't even put a lot of these tickets onsale, they just go straight to stub hub via illegal means.
Exactly.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 am

Romeo wrote:
creep wrote:do i need to point out that i was right? :banana:

Partly right.
It didn't sell out to fans though.
no i mentioned the brokers so i am 100% right :wiggle:

if anyone is close just go the day of the show and i'm sure you can find a ticket at face value. that wasn't the case at chicago though. i didn't see any brokers only fans looking to buy tickets. they did it a better way though. 4 ticket limit and not through ticketmaster. you never got a ticket they just checked names at the door. that helped with the scalping situation.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am

i hope jane's does a package tour with another decent sized band and plays larger places. It sucks when they play these tiny places and half the tickets are scooped up by scalpers that then can't even get rid of them all.

Romeo

#14 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 am

Like they did with NINJA. the tickets were will call only w/ID.

But Irving Plaza is a Live Nation Venue which sells through Ticketmaster who owns Stub Hub.
Love the scam. I however ain't buying it. And I will NOT purchase a ticket through a broker, never did. Never will. I once bought a ticket off stub hub but it was from a fan.

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:30 am

Romeo wrote:Like they did with NINJA. the tickets were will call only w/ID.

But Irving Plaza is a Live Nation Venue which sells through Ticketmaster who owns Stub Hub.
Love the scam. I however ain't buying it. And I will NOT purchase a ticket through a broker, never did. Never will. I once bought a ticket off stub hub but it was from a fan.
just remember back a month or so ago when you said that you would never see jane's again no matter what and you won't feel so bad.

Pandemonium

#16 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah, I don't think we're going to see the kind of fan-friendly setup that Janes had the last couple years. Doing the small venue shows with ID/will-call really kept tickets out of the hands of resellers to a big degree. And the NINJA will-call pit tickets was a great, smooth operation as well although I think a lot of that fell on the NIN organization. The best those scalper types could pull off was reselling singles because they had to be at the venue to pick up the ticket(s). I have to admit I got pretty spoiled with the Pre-NINJA club shows in LA and the free Roxy show with Duff.

If it doesn't rain, I will probably look for a ticket day of show for the 2nd LA gig next week.

Romeo

#17 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 am

creep wrote:

just remember back a month or so ago when you said that you would never see jane's again no matter what and you won't feel so bad.
I don't feel bad. I just don't like scams. AND I was wrestling with myself until 10am if I would even bother. Because part of me really didn't want to go and part of me was oh fuck it, try.

But then to see a scam go down like that really pissed me off.

Pandemonium

#18 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 am

Keep checking TM. I was able to pull 2 tickets for bot LA shows tonight (did not buy 'em) and an hour later they had none available again.

Romeo

#19 Post by Romeo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:10 am

It's a fucking game TM plays. I UNDERSTAND the tickets that are made available if someones CC gets rejected...but they hold back tickets or make it way too easy for the brokers.
And they don't think they are part of the problem. They are the problem.

Leto

#20 Post by Leto » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:28 pm

TicketBastard. :evilol:

Pandemonium

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Look, the whole Ticketmaster bullshit is as old as the concert business. I'm certainly not defending it or saying it's long past due the system is corrupt and should be changed, but seriously, I remember back in the last 70's waiting overnight for a show to go on sale and being like the 3rd dumbass in line and *still* pulling up horrible loge seats for an arena show with a 6 ticket limit, face palming and wondering why the fuck do i even try?

The thing is, know the system. Work the system. IMO, it's actually better the last decade to get the kind of tickets for a show you want at a fair price than ever before. That's partly because TM and most bands that do business with TM/LiveNation have a pretty set way they sell and distribute tickets that isn't too hand to figure out and game the system, and because there *are* so many idiots out there who buy loads of tickets trying to turn a profit and then get stuck with them and wind up trying to unload them for dirt cheap prices right before a show. And general admission shows are the easiest no matter the size venue.

I haven't made up my mind whether I want to go to the Tuesday LA show or not and it's unlikely I'm going to go mostly due to logistics and the strong chance it'll be raining that night (at an outdoor venue). But I am comfortable saying if I decide to go at 5pm day of show, I'll get in for face value or less.

Romeo

#22 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 am

no more artists need to lash back at ticketmaster. There is no reason why we have to endure the monopoly just because

Remember this?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20090204

if more artists like Reznor & Springsteen took a fucking stand against Ticketmonster then this kind of bullshit would stop.

JOEinPHX

#23 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 am

Romeo wrote:no more artists need to lash back at ticketmaster. There is no reason why we have to endure the monopoly just because

Remember this?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20090204

if more artists like Reznor & Springsteen took a fucking stand against Ticketmonster then this kind of bullshit would stop.
But for every Reznor & Springsteen, you have someone like Korn or Jay Z that cuts Ticketmaster/Live Nation in on the profits of their merch.

Those "360 deals" where the bands get more money up front, but gamble on everything else are becoming the new way to make guaranteed bank whether your tour sells well or not.

Pandemonium

#24 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 am

Six7Six7 wrote:But for every Reznor & Springsteen, you have someone like Korn or Jay Z that cuts Ticketmaster/Live Nation in on the profits of their merch.

Those "360 deals" where the bands get more money up front, but gamble on everything else are becoming the new way to make guaranteed bank whether your tour sells well or not.
Not to mention some major bands are directly connected to Live Nation/TM and even managed by Irving Azoff.

JOEinPHX

#25 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 am

At some point, they are going to start buying up the record labels too.

They they will pick who gets signed, play them on their radio stations, book their tours, and host the gig in their venues.

The music industry will consist of 200 bands/artists and that's it.