Artemis

Re: The Cost to Book Jane's Addiction

#26 Post by Artemis » Wed May 21, 2014 5:04 pm

So Chris Chaney gets $10 then? :lol:

nausearockpig

#27 Post by nausearockpig » Wed May 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Artemis wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:I wonder if that $100K is split evenly as possible (minus costs of course) or if Chris is paid differently.....
I am curious to know how it works too. How much does the booking agent get...is it a flat fee or a percentage?

I have some vague recollection of Dave or Dan saying on DMatter that it's about $20K for Dave for showing up and playing a set at those corporate things... So maybe it's a five way split - one piece each for the band members and one for agents and other expenses... or a four way split: Perry, Dave, Stephen, others (Chris + expenses)?

someone call DM and ask.

blackula

#28 Post by blackula » Wed May 21, 2014 8:40 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:I wonder if that $100K is split evenly as possible (minus costs of course) or if Chris is paid differently.....
I am curious to know how it works too. How much does the booking agent get...is it a flat fee or a percentage?

I have some vague recollection of Dave or Dan saying on DMatter that it's about $20K for Dave for showing up and playing a set at those corporate things... So maybe it's a five way split - one piece each for the band members and one for agents and other expenses... or a four way split: Perry, Dave, Stephen, others (Chris + expenses)?

someone call DM and ask.
I'd bet Perry, Dave and Stephen make the same nowadays. Maybe half for Chaney? 10,000 bucks per gig is still pretty awesome. I could see 20,000 going to management/booking/accountants, 70,000 going to the band, and 10,000 going towards the "lifestyle". Im sure they stay in the best places, eat the best food, get driven around...etc.

For 3 days in Vegas playning NS and 3 or 4 more songs got Perry, Dave and Stephen 60,000 bucks each. For filling a role Chaney gets 30,000 for a long weekend.

I wonder what they do in merch on an average night? T- shirts are 25/30 bucks. I know clubs take a cut now, but it's only a small percent, they must do a few thousand per night.

panicparty

#29 Post by panicparty » Thu May 22, 2014 2:34 am

As a comparison, does anyone have an idea the sort of money one used-to-be-famous guitarist makes for a solo "appearance" - like the sort of nightclub things Dave was doing with that DJ ("Skribble?") after the last break-up?

Trying to work out in my head how long the diminishing brand value of Jane's will last before they decide it's not worth their effort anymore.

nausearockpig

#30 Post by nausearockpig » Thu May 22, 2014 3:48 am

panicparty wrote:As a comparison, does anyone have an idea the sort of money one used-to-be-famous guitarist makes for a solo "appearance" - like the sort of nightclub things Dave was doing with that DJ ("Skribble?") after the last break-up?

Trying to work out in my head how long the diminishing brand value of Jane's will last before they decide it's not worth their effort anymore.
When the back catalog runs out of steam they'll just pull songs from that batch of "three or four albums already written" back in the old days and wow a whole new generation of fans....

Essence_Smith

#31 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu May 22, 2014 7:41 am

You guys care too much... :idea:

Romeo

#32 Post by Romeo » Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 am

panicparty wrote:As a comparison, does anyone have an idea the sort of money one used-to-be-famous guitarist makes for a solo "appearance" - like the sort of nightclub things Dave was doing with that DJ ("Skribble?") after the last break-up?

If memory serves me I believe it was around 10G's for a club appearance.

Which is why that was a big cash cow for him

bman

#33 Post by bman » Thu May 22, 2014 7:47 am

I think you're right. It was 10K. Is that still going on these days? Where the Paris Hiltons of the world get like 100K for a showing up a club! Or did the recession end all that bullshit?

Romeo

#34 Post by Romeo » Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 am

FYI Dave Grohl solo gets $500,000-$750,000 MIN. FEE

http://www.celebritytalent.net/

Even Darryl Strawberry gets more than Dave N $20,000-$30,000 MIN. FEE

Romeo

#35 Post by Romeo » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 am

bman wrote:I think you're right. It was 10K. Is that still going on these days? Where the Paris Hiltons of the world get like 100K for a showing up a club! Or did the recession end all that bullshit?
I dunno, I think they still hire D-list Reality TV people for those stupid club dates

SR

#36 Post by SR » Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 am

The real question here is how much for them not to play.

Hype

#37 Post by Hype » Fri May 23, 2014 7:12 am

Essence_Smith wrote:You guys care too much... :idea:
I still have weird memories of Jane's Addiction before the past decade (and a half, almost). They're fading fast though. :scared: It must be really strange for the people here who saw them in the 80s...

Showbiz is a hideous bitch-goddess:

Pandemonium

#38 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 23, 2014 10:08 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:You guys care too much... :idea:
I still have weird memories of Jane's Addiction before the past decade (and a half, almost). They're fading fast though. :scared: It must be really strange for the people here who saw them in the 80s...
Most of the shows I've seen are burned into my memory even going back to the late 70's. Many of them I can still rattle off setlists and details. I remember much of my first live show, Van Halen in January of '77 at the long-gone Golden Bear club in Huntington Beach a year before they released their first album. That said, there's a few that are a total blue either due to my being trashed at the show or mostly because the band(s) were simply forgettable. The Jane's Scream club show I saw in '88 is a blur because I was hammered (as was the case for many Hollywood club shows during that period) but I clearly remember the '89, '90, '91 and '97 shows and all the rest in the past 20 years.

Bandit72

#39 Post by Bandit72 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:41 am

Yeh, say I wanted to hire them for my garden party, I guess it would cost me another $100,000 to get all their gear AND Etty over here. First class must be about $15,000. Then there's the champagne. Plus all the other 'insert
random waste of money' items' here.