Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
clickie

Re: Neat Jane's story from Billy Corgan

#51 Post by clickie » Wed May 28, 2014 5:36 pm

More Taco Bell money.

henry

#52 Post by henry » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:08 am

Thankfully Eric was good for his word on the guest list, and I’d be back 48 hours later to witness one of the greatest shows I’d ever see. This night Jane’s opened slow, Perry hoisting a wine bottle high above a broad, sensual hat.
The 11/25/1988 performance at Metro that Corgan remembers so fondly was insanely good, as documented on the Trip Away bootleg.

Kettle Whistle
Obvious
Whores
Idiots Rule
Bobhaus
Pigs In Zen
Ted, Just Admit It...
Standing In The Shower... Thinking
Had A Dad
I Would For You
Ocean Size
Trip Away
Mountain Song
Chip Away

http://janesaddiction.org/bootography/j ... trip-away/

SR

#53 Post by SR » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:01 am

It's my recollection that after ns, they were advanced a significant sum by mo at Warner's for rdlh. That money was very likely mismanaged and supports bc in that they could do a great deal with very little. It's also my understanding that they were contractually bound to pay back the advance.

jason

#54 Post by jason » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:13 am

so i was looking around to see if i could find a way to hear this show without downloading the Trip Away boot…and i found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dR9QrZza4

i'm not as familiar with the boots as some of you guys seem to be, but it seems like it's earlier than 1989 as the posting says..anybody know when/where this show is from??

henry

#55 Post by henry » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:07 pm

jason wrote:anybody know when/where this show is from??
Pretty sure it's January 29, 1987 at USC, from the Love Junkies vinyl bootleg.

http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 1-29/2215/

Essence_Smith

#56 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:07 pm

So...if dudes were making a pittance during what was essentially their prime do we still shake our finger at them now that they seem to be doing everything to get every dollar they can? Being that I myself have kids to feed, I do NOT...fuck integrity, fuck what most of us "die hards" think...I don't have to like or respect what they do to live...they gave me everything I care about from 89-91...thank you boys...

Pandemonium

#57 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:So...if dudes were making a pittance during what was essentially their prime do we still shake our finger at them now that they seem to be doing everything to get every dollar they can? Being that I myself have kids to feed, I do NOT...fuck integrity, fuck what most of us "die hards" think...I don't have to like or respect what they do to live...they gave me everything I care about from 89-91...thank you boys...
I don't have a problem with the band making money, just make something worth paying for.

clickie

#58 Post by clickie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:So...if dudes were making a pittance during what was essentially their prime do we still shake our finger at them now that they seem to be doing everything to get every dollar they can? Being that I myself have kids to feed, I do NOT...fuck integrity, fuck what most of us "die hards" think...I don't have to like or respect what they do to live...they gave me everything I care about from 89-91...thank you boys...
I don't mind that they're trying to make a dollar, I just wouldn't want to ever see them working at a dollar store.

JOEinPHX

#59 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
I don't have a problem with the band making money, just make something worth paying for.
This.

jason

#60 Post by jason » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:38 am

henry wrote:

thanks, seems right to me...

Essence_Smith

#61 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
I don't disagree, but they made something for "us" back in the day and clearly as much as we don't enjoy what they're doing now, somebody does...so it's for those people...cause as crappy as it all is, somebody is paying for it...I wouldn't even be paying attention to anything they did now if it weren't for me being on this board...

clickie

#62 Post by clickie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:13 pm

I think they should consider getting rid of Perkins if they record a new cd.

clickie

#63 Post by clickie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Dont get me wrong simplicity is key, but sometimes you need to change your palate.

JOEinPHX

#64 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:30 am

I'll bet Josh Freese would do it.

henry

#65 Post by henry » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:16 pm

jason wrote:
henry wrote:

thanks, seems right to me...
Heh. Just noticed that, right before the recording cuts off (around the 39:00 mark), Dave teases the melody from "Ripple" -- more than four years before the release of Deadicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dR9QrZza4