Matz

Re: Dave speaks on how he didn't jive with the Peppers

#101 Post by Matz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:38 am

not being asked to join is plenty to be pissed off about

Romeo

#102 Post by Romeo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:45 am

Easton wrote:
Matz wrote:wow he's that fuckin pissed off at them that he covered the dolphins symbolizing their time in Hawaii? Pretty sad. He didn't take that HOF thing lightly and he shouldn't

Did I miss anything? Besides not being asked for the HoF did something happen there which would have pissed Navarro off?
I would think not being acknowledged for work you and time you gave to a group would be a good basis for being royally pissed off.

Considering "aeroplane" "warped" and "my friends" is always on the radio....

Matz

#103 Post by Matz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:34 am

the question is what happened to make them NOT invite Dave? I remember hearing Anthony on Howard Stern recently where he said that he loved Dave. That was 2004, so something big must have gone down between then and 2013. Otherwise it makes no sense, I mean Cliff Martinez was fuckin inducted. I don't know for sure but I don't think he has written a single riff for them.

If I remember correctly Chad was the only classy guy at the HOF when he did mention Dave although very briefly

JOEinPHX

#104 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am

Matz wrote:the question is what happened to make them NOT invite Dave? I remember hearing Anthony on Howard Stern recently where he said that he loved Dave. That was 2004, so something big must have gone down between then and 2013. Otherwise it makes no sense, I mean Cliff Martinez was fuckin inducted. I don't know for sure but I don't think he has written a single riff for them.

If I remember correctly Chad was the only classy guy at the HOF when he did mention Dave although very briefly
I don't think Anthony could handle that his former guitar player who did one album is more famous than him. :lol:

Romeo

#105 Post by Romeo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

I remember Dave mentioning a few years ago....either on SRL or spread TV that Anthony was looking at a loft in Dave's building (before Anthony's kid was born). And Dave joked about having Anthony living there (something like won't THAT be uncomfortable running into him on the elevator or something like that) So I do not believe there was ever good blood between them.

Sort of a you stay on your side of the street and I'll stay on mine type of thing. Not actual feud.

trevor ayer

#106 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Don't worry Dave .. there is always the Ink Master Hall of Fame ... hopefully toothpick guy doesn't befriend Anthony and ruin that too :bigrin:

Essence_Smith

#107 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I don't think Anthony could handle that his former guitar player who did one album is more famous than him. :lol:
100% proof that you are out of your mind... :crazy:

Matz

#108 Post by Matz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

possibly. But I'm pretty sure that Anthony doesnt/didn't like the fact that Dave looks better than he does.

JOEinPHX

#109 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:I don't think Anthony could handle that his former guitar player who did one album is more famous than him. :lol:
100% proof that you are out of your mind... :crazy:
Nope. Dave Navarro is the most famous person in the world. Didn't you know that? :lol:

Noonesshocking

#110 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Romeo wrote:Considering "aeroplane" "warped" and "my friends" is always on the radio....
I hear aeroplane on either one of the two major rock stations in Philly at least once a week. People love that song.

SR

#111 Post by SR » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Archive the point where es is spot on.

Romeo

#112 Post by Romeo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:19 am

Noonesshocking wrote:
Romeo wrote:Considering "aeroplane" "warped" and "my friends" is always on the radio....
I hear aeroplane on either one of the two major rock stations in Philly at least once a week. People love that song.
Also Rollercoaster of love. When we had a terrestrial rock/alt station in NY they played it all the time

Warped

#113 Post by Warped » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:16 am

Matz wrote:possibly. But I'm pretty sure that Anthony doesnt/didn't like the fact that Dave looks better than he does.
100% agreed.

Anthony did look good when he was young and with that long hair he was a really hottie but nowadays he looks like a dirty old perv :no:
Dave looked good when he was young and still looks fucking good in his forties, almost perferct if you ask me... :love:

Romeo

#114 Post by Romeo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:13 am

Warped wrote:
Matz wrote:possibly. But I'm pretty sure that Anthony doesnt/didn't like the fact that Dave looks better than he does.
100% agreed.

Anthony did look good when he was young and with that long hair he was a really hottie but nowadays he looks like a dirty old perv :no:
Dave looked good when he was young and still looks fucking good in his forties, almost perferct if you ask me... :love:
nah, Dave looks like a dirty old perv too

:lol:

SR

#115 Post by SR » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 am

Isn't Rollercoaster of Love the precise pop garbage lyric that everyone hates about AK? And btw, a those guys are visiting a friend in Bali right now. He sent a pic and AK's dropped the Hitler look.

Romeo

#116 Post by Romeo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:51 am

SR wrote:Isn't Rollercoaster of Love the precise pop garbage lyric that everyone hates about AK? And btw, a those guys are visiting a friend in Bali right now. He sent a pic and AK's dropped the Hitler look.
Well to play devils advocate-He was writing lyrics to a established song for a adult cartoon movie. I think he gets a "pass" on that one

guysmiley

#117 Post by guysmiley » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 am

Romeo wrote:
SR wrote:Isn't Rollercoaster of Love the precise pop garbage lyric that everyone hates about AK? And btw, a those guys are visiting a friend in Bali right now. He sent a pic and AK's dropped the Hitler look.
Well to play devils advocate-He was writing lyrics to a established song for a adult cartoon movie. I think he gets a "pass" on that one

Uh, it's a cover.

SR

#118 Post by SR » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 am

:lol: That's a cover I think.

Yeah, I haven't chimed in here much. Some of the comments on AK seem to come from the same place the more angry ones come from in the Etty thread. AK never set out to be the next Dylan. His early goals were very simple.....to make people happy and make em move. Mission accomplished. As far as talent goes, yeah.....he's not the musical superstar, but he's held down that crazy fort admirably and inimitably for 30 plus years. Fronting those monsters can't be easy and he's done that perfectly.

As far as his ego, I have no idea where people are coming from. Guy is an AMAZING father and very generous to those around him, even extending warmth and service to people he doesn't know. And jealousy? Seriously peeps, think about that one for just another second. :lol:

Warped

#119 Post by Warped » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 am

My friend travelled with AK for a while and she was very close..., she knows him very well...., he has one big ego for sure - i won't expand on that :eyes: anyway my opinion does not come out of nowhere.

SR

#120 Post by SR » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 am

:cool: I didn't say there was no ego. If you've had discussions on the man from someone with personal experience (and of course, what time frame matters because of the drug use), then you'll likely know he's completely transparent and gentle with kids. The time I have spent has all been in the last 10 years, while he's continually been clean.

Warped

#121 Post by Warped » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:43 am

It was shortly before JF finally left the Peppers.

Matz

#122 Post by Matz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am

ehm, we're coming from a place where AK did not mention Dave who he was in a band with for five years. He's probably a very warm and great guy I'm sure, except when he's not

SR

#123 Post by SR » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 am

Matz wrote:ehm, we're coming from a place where AK did not mention Dave who he was in a band with for five years. He's probably a very warm and great guy I'm sure, except when he's not
Exactly, as we all are. The scope of this thread has extended well beyond the issue of DN's exclusion from HOF induction as a CP. Where's the hatred on Flea? Chad? If not in complete support of the decision, they did support it.

Romeo

#124 Post by Romeo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:41 pm

guysmiley wrote:
Romeo wrote:

Uh, it's a cover.
I know it's a cover :eyes:

I should of said singing instead of "writing"

Matz

#125 Post by Matz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

SR wrote:
Matz wrote:ehm, we're coming from a place where AK did not mention Dave who he was in a band with for five years. He's probably a very warm and great guy I'm sure, except when he's not
Exactly, as we all are. The scope of this thread has extended well beyond the issue of DN's exclusion from HOF induction as a CP. Where's the hatred on Flea? Chad? If not in complete support of the decision, they did support it.
I don't hate anybody. Flea is just as guilty as AK. Chad did mention DN at the HOF so he's not quite as bad, but still guilty