CBGB

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
filthpurveyor

Re: CBGB

#101 Post by filthpurveyor » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:34 pm

bman wrote:This pro shot video is awesome. If you don't like it (6767), then I don't know what to tell ya! I didn't hear Echo at the show. Just Delays. The LA gig sounded like it had it bigtime from the webcast.

You call this a pro-shot but why? It is a single cam 720i video with an external mic for audio. The last 4 JA shows I filmed are in 1080p and I use an external mic as well so I must meet your criteria for pro-shot.

All that being said if you want that guys video and tracked audio here is a link for downloading the MP4 Video file and FLAC Audio files: http://we.tl/hMkY0LRHWG

kv

#102 Post by kv » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:50 pm

oh oh you angered the filth

bman

#103 Post by bman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:05 am

filthpurveyor wrote:
bman wrote:This pro shot video is awesome. If you don't like it (6767), then I don't know what to tell ya! I didn't hear Echo at the show. Just Delays. The LA gig sounded like it had it bigtime from the webcast.

You call this a pro-shot but why? It is a single cam 720i video with an external mic for audio. The last 4 JA shows I filmed are in 1080p and I use an external mic as well so I must meet your criteria for pro-shot.

All that being said if you want that guys video and tracked audio here is a link for downloading the MP4 Video file and FLAC Audio files: http://we.tl/hMkY0LRHWG

Filth, which 4 shows do you have that are similar quality?

filthpurveyor

#104 Post by filthpurveyor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Why? You don't believe me? It's wasn't my goal to make anyone think my shit is better or worse than anyone else's, just making a point that this CBGB video isn't a pro-shot was all, it is great however or I wouldn't have taken the time to rip it for myself and share it with everyone. I guarantee if I had front row tix for every show my shit would be at least as good as what that guy shot, his could be even better but it's coming from youtube. Here are just a couple of captures from my 9/20 show last month I just took. If you want the audio that came from the external mic on my camera I can put that up. Sounds better than the webcast and better than my DAT as well but I paid enough for my new rig so it should.
Attachments
9-20-14capture.jpg
9-20-14cap1
9-20-14capture.jpg (198.65 KiB) Viewed 8052 times
9-20-14captureb.jpg
9-20-14cap2
9-20-14captureb.jpg (155.97 KiB) Viewed 8052 times

Pandemonium

#105 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:16 am

filthpurveyor wrote:Here are just a couple of captures from my 9/20 show last month I just took. If you want the audio that came from the external mic on my camera I can put that up. Sounds better than the webcast and better than my DAT as well but I paid enough for my new rig so it should.
What are you using to film shows these days?

SR

#106 Post by SR » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 am

That blood is sad

blackcoffee

#107 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:17 am

SR wrote:That blood is sad
Can you expound on that SR? I might be perverse, but I think it's kind of cool.

JOEinPHX

#108 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Could be worse. It could be an old man asking for blowjobs at a family event.

bman

#109 Post by bman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:36 am

Six7Six7 wrote:

Dude...when did CBGB festival become a Family Event! Have you ever even liked Jane's Addiction?

Romeo

#110 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 am

blackcoffee wrote:
Romeo wrote:
bman wrote:Apparently they didn't know who Perry is bc Weird vulgar rants are par for the course.
From someone with wild dreds, high as a kite and wearing a corset, yes a vulgar rant was great

From a guy wearing a 3 piece suit, a reguvinated face and caps so white they would glow in black light....it's just weird

Perry can't get a break from ANR. His suit is better than flamboyant Vegas Perry. It's actually cool and age appropriate. He's carrying on as he once did. But you'd rather the schtick between songs be something else....?
Yelling I want to get my cock sucked in a three piece suit just makes him look like your old perverted Grandpa.

I'm sure anyone in their 20's would just roll their eyes....

SR

#111 Post by SR » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 am

blackcoffee wrote:
Can you expound on that SR? I might be perverse, but I think it's kind of cool.
It just seems like intense mutilation to me, causing fairly serious damage to an otherwise beautiful girl. :noclue:

Essence_Smith

#112 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 pm

bman wrote:Dude...when did CBGB festival become a Family Event! Have you ever even liked Jane's Addiction?
No...he has NEVER liked Jane's...he's a Navarro fan...I think... :confused:
Romeo wrote:Yelling I want to get my cock sucked in a three piece suit just makes him look like your old perverted Grandpa.

Not that I disagree, but many would have probably thought this was cool years ago...I remember a Valentine's day show in 87 where he pretty much said the same thing and it was the coolest thing ever...I think we're all at the point where NOTHING Perry does is acceptable...that being said, we're ALL too far from our 20's to really say for sure...
SR wrote:It just seems like intense mutilation to me, causing fairly serious damage to an otherwise beautiful girl. :noclue:
I have NEVER gotten why this who suspension thing seemed cool to ANYONE, but it's her body to mutilate...or so my feminist friends tell me... :wave:

JOEinPHX

#113 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:37 pm

bman wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Dude...when did CBGB festival become a Family Event! Have you ever even liked Jane's Addiction?
The last time I saw them that was good was back in 2001. That isn't my fault. Or maybe it is. Maybe I should stop seeing so many great shows.

Next time I see Jane's Addiction, I'll be sure to see Limp Bizkit first to lower the bar of expectations a bit.

Although I am willing to bet Fred Durst can sing more than 3 songs without losing his voice and doesn't cut the set in half because his tranny husband is cold. :wave:

filthpurveyor

#114 Post by filthpurveyor » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
filthpurveyor wrote:Here are just a couple of captures from my 9/20 show last month I just took. If you want the audio that came from the external mic on my camera I can put that up. Sounds better than the webcast and better than my DAT as well but I paid enough for my new rig so it should.
This is what I've been using lately: Sony HDR-PJ790V / Sony ECM-XYST1M

Romeo

#115 Post by Romeo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
Romeo wrote:Yelling I want to get my cock sucked in a three piece suit just makes him look like your old perverted Grandpa.

Not that I disagree, but many would have probably thought this was cool years ago...I remember a Valentine's day show in 87 where he pretty much said the same thing and it was the coolest thing ever...I think we're all at the point where NOTHING Perry does is acceptable...that being said, we're ALL too far from our 20's to really say for sure...
Again.....
A nearly 60 year old wearing a business suit, with caps so white the international space station can see them, yelling that he wants his cock sucked just makes him look like a drunk wall street banker who is probably crazy.

Not a "hip" musician.

blackula

#116 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
bman wrote:Dude...when did CBGB festival become a Family Event! Have you ever even liked Jane's Addiction?
No...he has NEVER liked Jane's...he's a Navarro fan...I think... :confused:

SR wrote:It just seems like intense mutilation to me, causing fairly serious damage to an otherwise beautiful girl. :noclue:
I have NEVER gotten why this who suspension thing seemed cool to ANYONE, but it's her body to mutilate...or so my feminist friends tell me... :wave:

"It's Valentine's Day, get some pussy. Ain't nothing better, not fighting, not warring, not even taking a shit can beat a nice piece of pussy"
I'm pretty sure that's the quote. At 36 years old I still think that's awesome

Essence_Smith

#117 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 pm

blackula wrote:"It's Valentine's Day, get some pussy. Ain't nothing better, not fighting, not warring, not even taking a shit can beat a nice piece of pussy"
I'm pretty sure that's the quote. At 36 years old I still think that's awesome
Pretty sure that's it too and that's the first boot I ever heard of JA back in 90...I think these kinds of rants went over better then and I think it's mostly because we knew so little of how Perry actually was...the myths surrounding them back in the day was a big part of the appeal because all we had were these random quotes to go from...

Pandemonium

#118 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 pm

filthpurveyor wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
This is what I've been using lately: Sony HDR-PJ790V / Sony ECM-XYST1M

Nice stuff. I'd be afraid to drag around nearly $1500 worth of hardware to shows, in part getting stopped at the door with it and having to go back to the car to leave it and the fear of someone in a crowd bumping me or getting soaked by a stray beer, wrecking the camera. I audio recorded a few shows from '81 - '83 and it became too much of a pain and hindered my enjoyment of shows. I tried to get back into it the last few years with a measly Nikon Coolpix P500 which aside from annoying focus issues in dark light, worked ok for me but even lugging that around was to much of a hassle: