CBGB

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Romeo

Re: CBGB

#26 Post by Romeo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:19 am

which means...
No tickets required, just show up to the madhouse.

bman

#27 Post by bman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:36 am

VIP Packages available for $100.

http://cbgbfestival.squarespace.com/vip-packages

creep
Site Admin

#28 Post by creep » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:57 am

bman wrote:VIP Packages available for $100.

http://cbgbfestival.squarespace.com/vip-packages
if you are planning to go this would be worth it. if there are free drinks at the ceremony that's worth the $100 right there.

bman

#29 Post by bman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 am

Can you image if this was 1997. People would be buying that package for $400. $100 bucks is good deal for this.

Romeo

#30 Post by Romeo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:18 am

MAAAAAAAN, Am I glad I am going to the Saturday night thing for free.
VIP Viewing Experience at the free concert in Times Square, Sunday October 12th
$100 for a free concert. They should of taken the word "free" out of something you're paying $100 for

bman

#31 Post by bman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:28 am

Free concert. $100 for the VIP Sunday tent and the Saturday night thing.

Romeo

#32 Post by Romeo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 am

no it should read "VIP Viewing Experience at the concert in Times Square, Sunday October 12th"

And then explain you get a tent and free soda.

This is what Times Square looked like last year

Just remember this VIP viewing area will be set back from the stage, they can not block the sides of the pedestrian plaza. It's still a open public space.

also I just looked up what this "Icon award" is. Well last year was the first year of this award. It was given to Seymour Stein, co-founder and President of Sire Records, Vice President of Warner Bros records.
(his ex-wife was the co manager of the Ramones with Danny fields. She was Bludgeoned to death in 07 by her assistant)
So I kind of get the connection.

So I can't for the life of me figure out WHY Jane's is the second year recipient :hs: I get the sunset Music festival award. But they never played CBGB's.
Now Devo actually played in CBGB's in the late 70's. So why not them? :hs:

I mean don't get me wrong, I get to see them get some cock n bull award and get free drinks and hor d'ourves but I don't get it
Last edited by Romeo on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman

#33 Post by bman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:56 am

You better not heckle on Saturday night Romeo! :drink:

Romeo

#34 Post by Romeo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 am

bman wrote:You better not heckle on Saturday night Romeo! :drink:
depends how much champagne I drink :drink:

If you hear a female voice with a heavy NY accents yell "WHERE'S AVERY" then you know it's time to cut me off. :lol:

farrellgirl99

#35 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:51 pm

i cant decide whether this is worth attempting or not.

pros: free

cons: everything else

the thought of being in times square for a concert makes me sick. but, free.

dont know what to do. i could see it being a miserable experience even if they are playing my fav record.

blackula

#36 Post by blackula » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:i cant decide whether this is worth attempting or not.

dont know what to do. i could see it being a miserable experience even if they are playing my fav record.
This is my dilemma too. I'm worried that I'll go and not be anywhere near the stage and it'll be a waste of time. I really wish there were tickets for this. I'd pay the 100 bucks if it guaranteed me a spot up front, not some VIP bullshit that I could give a shit about. I'm thinking that I'll go, my dad lives in the city and I can grab a drink with him before the show, head over at 5-5:30 and try and manuveur my way up front. My expectations will be really low. Leave it to Jane's to do something cool like playing an album it's fans would be excited to hear live and do it at a shitty tourist trap cluster fuck place. May as well be NS performed live at South of the Border or Wall Drug.

JOEinPHX

#37 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:00 pm

I hope it's not too cold for Etty. Jane's Addiction would have to cancel if she can't shake those granny hips of hers completely out of rhythm with the song.

tubro

#38 Post by tubro » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:55 am

this may explain why the announcements have been delayed and incomplete.
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/10/03/72125.htm

i'm waiting to see if anyone can get me vip passes but if not, the 100 dollar deal seems pretty good if the language of the devo package description, which claims that the viewing area is in front of the stage, is correct. more and more these days, it seems that vip 'big chief' type festival packages put the viewing area against the rail. it always used to be a set of bleachers off to the side that sucked. if it's actually down front, i think i'll go for it. primarily for devo, who are always great and fun to watch, but i'll stick around for jane's.

Romeo

#39 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:12 am

blackula wrote:

This is my dilemma too. I'm worried that I'll go and not be anywhere near the stage and it'll be a waste of time. I really wish there were tickets for this. I'd pay the 100 bucks if it guaranteed me a spot up front, not some VIP bullshit that I could give a shit about. I'm thinking that I'll go, my dad lives in the city and I can grab a drink with him before the show, head over at 5-5:30 and try and manuveur my way up front. My expectations will be really low. Leave it to Jane's to do something cool like playing an album it's fans would be excited to hear live and do it at a shitty tourist trap cluster fuck place. May as well be NS performed live at South of the Border or Wall Drug.
Hey, Pedro says, don't knock South of the Border.... :lolol:

blackula

#40 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Romeo wrote:
blackula wrote:

Hey, Pedro says, don't knock South of the Border.... :lolol:

Haha, perfect intro for Perry. "Keep yelling kids, they'll......" Dave goes into the Stop intro.

bman

#41 Post by bman » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Man New Yorkers are crazy! Yea Times Square is awful but just deal. Jane's is playing a free outdoor festival show in arguably the most famous address in the world! It's going to be cool as shit.

kv

#42 Post by kv » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm

says bman...

bman

#43 Post by bman » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Well maybe not Cool as Shit...but Cool! :cool:

blackula

#44 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:14 pm

bman wrote:Man New Yorkers are crazy! Yea Times Square is awful but just deal. Jane's is playing a free outdoor festival show in arguably the most famous address in the world! It's going to be cool as shit.
As cool as a Nothing's Shocking show at Irving Plaza?

Too many variables for me to share your enthusiasm. I'm going, I hope it's awesome.

Pandemonium

#45 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:59 pm

blackula wrote:
bman wrote:Man New Yorkers are crazy! Yea Times Square is awful but just deal. Jane's is playing a free outdoor festival show in arguably the most famous address in the world! It's going to be cool as shit.
As cool as a Nothing's Shocking show at Irving Plaza?

Too many variables for me to share your enthusiasm. I'm going, I hope it's awesome.
Hopefully Perry will be even more fucked up then last weekend's show so at least you'll have the comedy element to enjoy.

Essence_Smith

#46 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Prediction: if Perry is as fucked up as he was the other day he will be booed mercilessly...

bman

#47 Post by bman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 am

Janes usually tries to bring it's A game to NYC. I think it will be good. I expect absolutely no surprises but I'm really hoping for a Whores rather than Stop at the end. It is Times Square after all.

Romeo

#48 Post by Romeo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:21 am

YES!!! As cool as New Years Eve in Times Square....The worlds largest party.....

Said No New Yorker ever.

tubro

#49 Post by tubro » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Romeo wrote:
YES!!! As cool as New Years Eve in Times Square....The worlds largest party.....

Said No New Yorker ever.

[blink]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/blink] says this new yorker.
goddamn there's nothing worse than any time i have to walk thru times square for one reason or another.
maybe perry will buy some crack from an elmo and bring him up on stage.
still, i'm so torn on whether to go to this show. seems like an event that might be memorable but so much points against it being physically tolerable. times square. fuck.

Romeo

#50 Post by Romeo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:41 am

My friends office is unfortunately in Times Square. She has to deal with it daily. I would feel bad for her but she makes a good salary ;-)

As for tonight I may not make it, I have a issue going on in my house (it's kind of funny but not at the moment)