Well the physical sucks buy the d/l if you buy it

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Juana

Re: Well the physical sucks buy the d/l if you buy it

#51 Post by Juana » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 pm

That is all I was saying that it was just a fold out and seemed rather cheap and thrown together is all. But I guess they did something special for the iTunes versions?

Bandit72

#52 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 am

Surely if you're releasing a physical you'd want to make it something people would want to own? I mean Kettle Whistle is pretty fucking good in my opinion. That's something you want to take out and read and look at the photos, and keep going back to it year after year.

If you're going to put the effort in making a tiny model and shooting it for the album cover, you may as well use some of your time and put some artistic input into the whole booklet. Personally I couldn't careless who artists thank. Who does? Really? I've ordered mine and I'm expecting it tomorrow. Looking forward to the live tracks on there too.

Japhy

#53 Post by Japhy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:36 am

Bandit72 wrote:Surely if you're releasing a physical you'd want to make it something people would want to own? I mean Kettle Whistle is pretty fucking good in my opinion. That's something you want to take out and read and look at the photos, and keep going back to it year after year.

If you're going to put the effort in making a tiny model and shooting it for the album cover, you may as well use some of your time and put some artistic input into the whole booklet. Personally I couldn't careless who artists thank. Who does? Really? I've ordered mine and I'm expecting it tomorrow. Looking forward to the live tracks on there too.
Still waiting for mine too... i love Amazon but they're crap at getting new releases delivered somewhere close to drop date! Anyway, it's cool because i haven't listened to any of the songs since the weekend now so I'll be sticking it on loud when it comes. Looking forward to details of the UK tour now... that's what my unwanted Olympics cash will be going on! Fuck you Seb Coe!

Bandit72

#54 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 am

Japhy wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:Surely if you're releasing a physical you'd want to make it something people would want to own? I mean Kettle Whistle is pretty fucking good in my opinion. That's something you want to take out and read and look at the photos, and keep going back to it year after year.

Still waiting for mine too... i love Amazon but they're crap at getting new releases delivered somewhere close to drop date! Anyway, it's cool because i haven't listened to any of the songs since the weekend now so I'll be sticking it on loud when it comes. Looking forward to details of the UK tour now... that's what my unwanted Olympics cash will be going on! Fuck you Seb Coe!
:lolol:

Yeh, they said 20th/21st for me. It will be in the car for a while I think. If they set list anything like last night on the UK tour I'll be very happy.