CBGB

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Romeo

Re: CBGB

#76 Post by Romeo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 pm

bman wrote:Agreed! I was hoping he' end the rant asap and end the song! He was pretty amped up at that point. This is Etty telling him to cut by the way!

Sure, she knows playing and fined would cost her a new YSL purse

creep
Site Admin

#77 Post by creep » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

i want to murder that guy yelling in that video.

blackula

#78 Post by blackula » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:18 pm

bman wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except I think his voice sounded good through Had a Dad. Up the Beach and Ocean Size were incredible. They should do an Electric Jane says the way Satellite Party did it! No joke. This Jane Says is so boring. It wasn't my favorite Janes show. I've seen better. But this one was fucking rad as hell for the reasons that Tubro mentioned. It was a Jane show with a wacky Perry rocking out in the middle of Times Square on a perfect Fall day. And the Fact that Perry got pretty ranty and loopy made it all better. That was a memorable Janes show. I think I saw you Tubro. Did you have a Jets hat on standing at the back of the vip area? By the way, this is how good Janes was. They made me completely forget how bad the Jets are. :rockon:

Mountain Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJQUI8UTcBk

Deblasio rant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebBiKp48jOM

Pre Summertime Rolls Rant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLGUyAGr1z8
Wow, summertime and three days rants. He has a weird 2000's Michael Jackson vibe to him.

trevor ayer

#79 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 pm

i really enjoyed that summertime rant :cool:

tubro

#80 Post by tubro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Romeo wrote:Great Gothamist article on how much of an ass Perry was. When I'm on my desktop I'll link it.
Do you think the bands management or the organizers want to be fined THOUSANDS of dollars. Who the hell do you think set up the stage and had to rip it down? IATSE local 1 and they make A LOT of money. OT is a hella lot.
But Perry in his burnt mind blamed Deblasio :lolol:
for this event it's probably a whole lot worse than the usual IATSE fine for blowing thru curfew, as if that's not bad enough. i would imagine that there are police and sanitation and other city union workers who get paid as part of the license the city grants, and all of them get paid a whole lot more if they don't make curfew. perhaps even huge fines in the license fee. iwas with another person with concert industry experience and the minute he went into his 'let's play 3 days' rap and would't stop, we looked at each other and said 'they're definitely about to kill power' and they did, about a minute later.

bman i left my jets hat in the car. so it wasn't me you saw. i wasn't in the vip area; i was directly behind it, wearing a fuckhead (my punk floyd cover band) hat.

i was wondering if maybe perry the rocking zionist had it in for deblasio because deblasio and sharpton are such pals. doubt it. i don't think he cold put two thoughts together except cocksucking and pussy eating, which are more closely related than comrade bill and rev al.

JOEinPHX

#81 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Sooooooooo EA really did make the right decision to bail when he did.

Perry just gets more cringeworthy as the years tick by.

bman

#82 Post by bman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 am

SR

#83 Post by SR » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 am

So, echo?

bman

#84 Post by bman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:59 am

This pro shot video is awesome. If you don't like it (6767), then I don't know what to tell ya! I didn't hear Echo at the show. Just Delays. The LA gig sounded like it had it bigtime from the webcast.

SR

#85 Post by SR » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:24 am

Bman. I like you.

Sue

#86 Post by Sue » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:43 am

interesting from Steve Truitt on FB:
Last night in Times Square when Jane's Addiction played at the CBGB Music Festival we were told right before the show that the venue would not allow suspension to happen. The band was told the event people would shut down the show if they saw hooks anywhere. Dave and the rest of the band said they weren't gonna do part of their show and leave us out, so if they shut it down then so be it. We came out and hung Marlo Marquise and Gisella Rose Arduino when they started playing "Stop" and a security guy tried to tackle Brian Decker and take the rope away from him after Marlo was already in the air! Luckily he wasn't able to get it and the promoters yelled at us to bring them down and then tried to get our sound board operator to turn off the sound, when that didn't work either they eventually figured out how to kill the power to whole stage right as the song was ending. I think it was a very fitting way to end the show for the CBGB Festival! Huge thanks to Dave and the rest of the band for all the support for us! Thanks to everyone else that was there and helping too! Such a great show! Here's a video of "Stop" and in the corner you can make out a bit of the security guy wrestling with Brian for the rope! ... ~Steve Truitt~

I was wondering if the suspension would be an issue, since our fine NYC is now so "family friendly" in Times Square and all :lol:

wally

#87 Post by wally » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:35 am

for some reason I want a hyundai sonata after watching the whole concert.

JOEinPHX

#88 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

wally wrote:for some reason I want a hyundai sonata after watching the whole concert.
You could probably look that up on your LG 3D phone.

blackcoffee

#89 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:28 am

Romeo wrote:
bman wrote:Apparently they didn't know who Perry is bc Weird vulgar rants are par for the course.
From someone with wild dreds, high as a kite and wearing a corset, yes a vulgar rant was great

From a guy wearing a 3 piece suit, a reguvinated face and caps so white they would glow in black light....it's just weird

Perry can't get a break from ANR. His suit is better than flamboyant Vegas Perry. It's actually cool and age appropriate. He's carrying on as he once did. But you'd rather the schtick between songs be something else....?

bman

#90 Post by bman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:38 am

The CBGB show was cool as shit. Even the most cynical of folks here I'm sure have dug the video. I bet 6767 has jerked off twice to it!

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

i enjoy the drunk out of control perry better. :noclue:

it's better than "the other day i was in the grocery store and i put a candy bar in my pocket. i was almost caught stealing" cue song

Pandemonium

#92 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:44 pm

creep wrote:i enjoy the drunk out of control perry better. :noclue:

it's better than "the other day i was in the grocery store and i put a candy bar in my pocket. i was almost caught stealing" cue song
Yeah, I agree. At least it's a good cover for his fried-by-3rd-song vocal burnouts.

bman

#93 Post by bman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Evidently Perry played Monday night too in NYC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDC-WqY12aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1MsGr4g0Yc

Etty needs to know when to come in!

JOEinPHX

#94 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:48 pm

blackcoffee wrote:

Perry can't get a break from ANR. His suit is better than flamboyant Vegas Perry. It's actually cool and age appropriate. He's carrying on as he once did. But you'd rather the schtick between songs be something else....?
How about anything other than "I WANNA GET MY COCK SUCKED!!!"?

Like, literally anything other than a 60 year old man talking about his dick, balls, or elderly wife's vagina and fake tits.

I have seen a shit ton of bands from their era and he's the only dumb fuck going up there making a complete ass of himself. Everyone else seems to be aging with dignity and talking about things that matter. Whether it's elections or the importance of renewable resources or personal responsibility... it gets a hell of a greater applause than some botoxed old guy pretending he's still sexually desirable to anyone.

Perry Farrell is a joke. Even his own band is annoyed with him at this point.

blackcoffee

#95 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:28 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:

How about anything other than "I WANNA GET MY COCK SUCKED!!!"?

Like, literally anything other than a 60 year old man talking about his dick, balls, or elderly wife's vagina and fake tits.

I have seen a shit ton of bands from their era and he's the only dumb fuck going up there making a complete ass of himself. Everyone else seems to be aging with dignity and talking about things that matter. Whether it's elections or the importance of renewable resources or personal responsibility... it gets a hell of a greater applause than some botoxed old guy pretending he's still sexually desirable to anyone.

Perry Farrell is a joke. Even his own band is annoyed with him at this point.
No matter a man's age, Perry's sentiment is understood by most men. Is it profane, and in poor taste? Absolutely. What I always enjoyed about the idea of Jane's was that marriage between the high and the low. The sacred and profane. The artful and the schtick. While belligerent drunkenness is worrisome on some levels, I'm happy to see him go off script. It was always in those moments we got some nuggets from Perry.

And check your use of the word elderly. Especially among a few of us here.

And Perry's band has ALWAYS been annoyed by him and his rants. You know this. If you dont, do

bman

#96 Post by bman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Well Said Black Coffee :tiphat: :thumb:

kv

#97 Post by kv » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:49 pm

blackcoffee wrote:What I always enjoyed about the idea of Jane's was that marriage between the high and the low. The sacred and profane. The artful and the schtick.
Over the last 20 years they have lost that balance...the needle is firmly planted to the right now...so all that's remains is "the low"..."the profane" and "the schtick"

blackcoffee

#98 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:30 pm

kv wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:What I always enjoyed about the idea of Jane's was that marriage between the high and the low. The sacred and profane. The artful and the schtick.
Over the last 20 years they have lost that balance...the needle is firmly planted to the right now...so all that's remains is "the low"..."the profane" and "the schtick"
I completely agree. At least he's not wearing light blue disco unitards, though. He and Etty had matching outfits when I saw Satellite Party. I was embarrassed for him.

JOEinPHX

#99 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Stop excusing his behavior.

You're acting like he's a dog who just ate his own shit. The fact that you love him, and that's what he's always done, doesn't make it ok.

JOEinPHX

#100 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:08 pm

That's a great metaphor now that I think about it.

Perry Farrell is an old dog that eats his own shit.